• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2009 Chevrolet Malibu

Based on 545 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Nice looking affordable car

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Great look, good price, and nice car"

Cons: "Driver's side not made for a tall person"

"We bought a brand new Chevy Malibu in 2009. Very nice looking car, a real head turner. The car looks like a BMW it looks that nice. The price was not bad. We bought the LS base model and have no problems with it. The inside is very classy, the dashboard set up is nice and fun to look at. The car is not bad on gas V4 although it the engine does struggle when you dive over 60mph. The car gets around 25mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the hwy. We really like the car. The cons are the power locks went out after having the car 4 years, the A/C sounds very weak now like its about to go out, and I'm 6'3'' 225lbs and the steering wheel doesn't adjust upwards. With the seat pushed all the way back I can hold the wheel with my knees. The wheel does adjust downward but not upward. But overall we do like the car. Very nice looking, very dependable, and the price was not bad at all. I would recommend this car to anyone looking to purchase one. I would purchase another one if they fix the steering wheel problem."

good car.

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "price, features, comfort, mpgs"

Cons: "style is a bit bland, new body in 2013"

"About six months after having bought a kia soul, we sold the soul and bought this Malibu. That was a huge change, and was a good one! although the kia soul was an ok car, we could tell after about a month of driving it that it was not going to hold up very well. This Malibu was a complete change for the better in that regard. The build quality of this car is twice that of the soul. Also, this car has more features, and still cost about the same as what our soul was. We love the Malibu, and haven't had any problems with it. In the 5 months that we have owned it, we have put over 15k miles on it, and they have been a joy. overall, its been a really good car, and we would recommend it to anyone."

Good car easy to drive

By on Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive - good gas millage - roomy"

Cons: "With 2011 year only - blind spots - hydro plaining"

"This has been a good car for the most part; it gets good gas millage, has decent pickup and go when you hit the gas, roomy enough on the inside- front and back, big trunk too. With the 2011 Malibu, I do have a problem with blind spots, when backing out or trying to pull out into traffic from an angle. Also, the car is so light, that hydro plaining has been a scary experience with this car. This is my 3rd Malibu, both of my previous Malibus' have been Excellent cars with no problems, the 2011 is the only one that has had these problems."

Good car, but...

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "Generally a great car overall"

Cons: "headlamp design means $200 repair bills!"

"Changing headlamps is a nightmare in this car. You have to take the whole front end apart, which is a dirty trick if you ask me. Other than that it's a great car, comfy, roomy, good on gas, handles ok, and reliable so far. I'd give it a 9 if not for the not-user-friendly headlamps."

Great car

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

"Its been a good car overall. All I've done is put tires on it and a new battery"