2007 Chevrolet Malibu

8.1

Based on 1007 Ratings for the 2004 - 2007 models.

I would buy one again

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Pros: "Great price, gets great gas mileage"

Cons: "Nothing comes to mind"

"I've had my car almost ten years and (knock on wood) I have had no major issues with it. It gets great gas mileage and rides/drives well on long trips. I'm 5' tall so I feel that it is very roomy; however, my husband is 6' tall and he's not as comfortable in my car. My current mileage is about 180,000 and I'm still getting almost the same mpg as I was when I first bought it (approx 28 in the city; closer to 35 on the highway). I believe I definitely got my money's worth out of this car and I would buy another Malibu."

exceeding my expectations

By on Monday, March 23, 2009

"i bought my malibu used through my employer and have put 10000 miles on it since purchase. so far it has been problem free. what it lacks in style it makes up for in space, ergonomics, and utility. my ecotec powered model also averages 31mpg which is great on my wallet. i would recommend this car to anyone"

Overlooked and underrated!

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"I bought this car as a second choice, but ended up loving it! PROS: heated leather seats, sunroof, rear DVD, and more, all for less than $23k brand new! We averaged 31 mpg on a two day trip averaging 65-79 m.p.h. Rear seats (and front passenger seat) all fold flat for amazing cargo hauling! With the slide/recline function of the rear seats, legroom is unsurpassed (for a car in this price range). Heated seats are great for cold weather and the car handles pretty good on snowy/icy roads. CONS: Styling, while unique, doesn't exactly draw crowds. I hate to say it, but the typical GM downfalls affect this car: minor mechanical malfunctions that don't keep the car from running, but are annoying nonetheless. Such as: windshield cowling rattle (fixed), headlight jiggle (fixed), vanity mirror covers broke off (fixed), steering rack clunk (deciding if I want to pay to get it fixed or not). All of these things are easily tended to, but they shouldn't need to be. I really want to love domestic cars and buy American (this is my fourth Chevy), but the older I get, the more I want a car that functions like...well, a Honda, guess. I've heard the new generation Malibu raises the game. Let's hope so, for GM's sake."

HUGE Disappointment

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"This is a great looking, fun and comfortable little car to drive, and when it's not in the shop, it drives well, accellerates welll and handles very well. Other than that it has been an enormous disappointment. Power steering has been an issue from Day 1. Just finished paying ANOTHER $700+ to the dealer to fix it again, and looking at another $400+ to fix the clunking noise in the steering column that they tell me is a problem with all the Malibus because of a defective part. But it won't kill you like bad power steering might... My power steering went out in the middle of rush hour traffic in DC metro area this time. First time it went out and stranded me (a gal, ALONE) in the middle of the night on the interstate. I was driving along and suddenly I had no control. Pretty scary. Air bags didn't deploy when I got T-boned hard enough to push the car 24 feet, also scary...The side front and rear air bags were a big selling feature for me. Would have been nice if they had worked. Lots of little things have gone wrong since the beginning. I have a mysterious leak that soaks my back floor mats every time it rains, the paint is off of the radio knob (this after only about 2 months), the trunk release doesn't work, (fixed once, still no good), the trunk doesn't stay up when you open it, the horn works only occasionally and then just a sickly bleat, radiator went at 32,000 miles. Gas mileage a big bummer also. Averaging 19.8 or less in town. Best I've seen was 23 on a trip with lots of straight highway miles. I'm ready to paint this car yellow and put a lemon license plate on it. Let's see, oh and the trim around the door frame in rear passenger door won't stay on. Now you may think after hearing all this that I beat my cars up! Not so! This car has been gently driven, well under the norm for mileage (I walk to work and the car doesn't get more than 50 miles a week now), and treated kindly. Next time I will buy a Honda! Stay away if safety, reliability or economy and value are important to you. I thought I was getting a great car for a great price. What I got was a pretty lemon. This is a 2004 model car purchased in October 2003."

Great car

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive,great gas mileage"

Cons: "problem with electric window back passanger side"

"I just Love this care good on gas comfortable easy to drive got new tires on the front but due to husband passing can not afford the payments asking 6000.00 just to pay off or take over payments already paying for another car with less payments to go.it's a maroon color."