2007 Chevrolet Malibu

8.1

Based on 1000 Ratings for the 2004 - 2007 models.

Almost to 300,000 miles

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Quick, Comfortable, Fun to drive, Plenty of room"

Cons: "Easily stained tan interior"

"This has been our family car since 2007. My mom bought it just two years old. This is the V6 3.5L. It has been a champ! She has a long commute and just sent me a picture of her mileage almost hitting 300k! This car is amazing and I recommend it to anyone. She plans on driving this thing into the ground. This is a good example of taking care of your vehicle really is worth the money."

Love this Car!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Fun, great price, reliable, good gas mileage, etc"

Cons: "cant think of any"

"Best most reliable car I ever owned. V-6 engine has a lot of get up and go. Takes me through much snow and ice. Cant say enough good things about this car."

GREAT for a first car and rough drivers!

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "great tranny, engine, interior"

Cons: "outside is boxy looking, could have done better"

"I just turned 20 years old. I received the car brand new when I was 15 and has been a wonderful car. No complaints. I won't lie, I have had some FUN times in it. I am very rough with it. I turn fast, drive fast, and have alot of fun in it! Never had any troubles with it. It's a 4 banger so great gas mileage and jets around pretty good! I drive it very rough and fill my tank up MAYBE twice a month, no more. My mom drives a Kia Spectra and when I drive like I do in mine her tank goes town within 3 days or so and it's slower. The '07 Malibu is an absolutely awesome car. Only thing I don't like is the exterior looks a bit boxy. Do not place things on the seats or they will scratch! Place on the floorboard. The trunk is huge, I am 6'2 and can comfortably lay inside of it. I would suggest the car to anyone. No rattles or anything! Great cheap car."

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"I obtained this car out of a deal with a dealership after having bought a different make that was a lemon. Let me say that this car was not my first choice and I never would have considered buying a Malibu on my own. But I have owned this car for 3 years and have put over 97,000 miles on it without a single problem. The only thing I have had to replace is both sets of brake pads, which I consider to be routine maintenance, and not unreasonable considering the mileage I have put on. It gets great gas mileage and is very comfortable. This is truly the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned."

Best car I have owned!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cons: "seat fabric stains easily"

"I bought this car new in July of '05 and I now have 152,246 miles on it. It has the 3.5L V6 engine and in my daily commute of 32 miles one way I still ave. 30mpg. I admit that it is rural driving not many stops but great for the miles. Just 1 set of brakes and a front hub on each side and an intermediate steering shaft which was under warranty. Still fun to drive and I will run it into the ground!"

Have been very impressed

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, lots of room inside, good gas mileage"

Cons: "not cute"

"I purchased this car with 29,000 miles on it in 2008. It has done a lot of business travel with me, now in 2014 it has 186,000 miles on it. It has the typical rattle in the dash "turn up the radio" type noise. I have only done maintenance items on this car. The passenger seat airbag sensor has been off for years but other than that no problems what so ever. I have been very impressed with this car. I would recommend it to anyone who is finding a decent mileage used one."

Bought it for my kid

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"I was so impressed with the value+performance+capability package of the 2003 Malibu which I bought for my oldest kid, that a few months later I bought a 2004 Malibu for my next kid. The younger kid only uses it lightly for local short trips, so the miles have not piled up. Even so, reliability is 100% perfect. Next year she'll be away to college with it, and I'm confident in it. As GM typically does, the car has abundant power. As is a new trend with GM, the car has good fuel economy. That is, a GM V-6 powered mid-sized sedan gets 30 mpg on highway trips. There is one trip I take occasionally involving twisty-turny mountain roads near Austin, TX. The thumb-rocker control on the automatic transmission makes safely navigating that trip a breeze. In my other cars, it's not so easy. My daughter likes all the convenience features of this car, so I'll add that GM has done well at making a car that delivers a pleasant user experience. I've had the car for 4+ years now. According to this web site, the '04 LS model is worth about 60% more than the '03 base model. Maybe so, but they are both fine cars for the price paid."

great family car

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I love my malibu. I was looking for a car that had enough room for two rear facing car seats in the back seat and the truck room for a double stroller. This had it all! I am very satified."

Too many problems

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"I bought my 2006 Malibu in March of 2007. Since then I have had starter problems, (when I turn the key, it won't come on), clunking in the steering, which I just found out is leaking struts. The doors keep swinging shut. The car itself gets pretty good mileage, about 25 in the city and about 32-35 on the highway. It's a comfortable car to drive. Lots of get up and go but when turning corners in rain, the car skids a bit. My car is kind of a cranberry color. Very pretty."

Powerful and Roomy

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "V6 standard, Reliable, and huge interior"

Cons: "V6 can suck up your gas, takes turns hard"

"I bought my Malibu Maxx at 50,000 miles from a rental agency I worked at at the time, and after some repairs to the brakes (they were rusted from inactivity), this car has made me a happy man. I am 6'5", and this car can handle my tall, fat family (up to 5 full-sized adults) with no problems. The fold-down rear seats also saved my skin when having to move home from college, easily taking most of my stuff in two trips. I've had it on highways, gravel roads, and no roads, and I've never had any problems with power or mobility. The V6 has surprisingly good get-up-and-go, and can power up steeper grade highway hills with ease. If drive like an old man and don't use the power of the V6, I can easily get a consistent 23 mi/gal. On pure highway, can get all the way up to 30+ mi/gal! Only recently have I had any problems with it; it almost overheated, which was fixed with a new water pump and serpentine belt. With most of the "old car" repairs (repairs done around 80,000 miles) done, I fully expect this car to last another 100,000 miles. I highly recommend this vehicle to any starting family on a budget."