2006 Chevrolet Malibu

8.1

Based on 975 Ratings for the 2004 - 2007 models.

GREAT for a first car and rough drivers!

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "great tranny, engine, interior"

Cons: "outside is boxy looking, could have done better"

"I just turned 20 years old. I received the car brand new when I was 15 and has been a wonderful car. No complaints. I won't lie, I have had some FUN times in it. I am very rough with it. I turn fast, drive fast, and have alot of fun in it! Never had any troubles with it. It's a 4 banger so great gas mileage and jets around pretty good! I drive it very rough and fill my tank up MAYBE twice a month, no more. My mom drives a Kia Spectra and when I drive like I do in mine her tank goes town within 3 days or so and it's slower. The '07 Malibu is an absolutely awesome car. Only thing I don't like is the exterior looks a bit boxy. Do not place things on the seats or they will scratch! Place on the floorboard. The trunk is huge, I am 6'2 and can comfortably lay inside of it. I would suggest the car to anyone. No rattles or anything! Great cheap car."

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"I obtained this car out of a deal with a dealership after having bought a different make that was a lemon. Let me say that this car was not my first choice and I never would have considered buying a Malibu on my own. But I have owned this car for 3 years and have put over 97,000 miles on it without a single problem. The only thing I have had to replace is both sets of brake pads, which I consider to be routine maintenance, and not unreasonable considering the mileage I have put on. It gets great gas mileage and is very comfortable. This is truly the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned."

Have been very impressed

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, lots of room inside, good gas mileage"

Cons: "not cute"

"I purchased this car with 29,000 miles on it in 2008. It has done a lot of business travel with me, now in 2014 it has 186,000 miles on it. It has the typical rattle in the dash "turn up the radio" type noise. I have only done maintenance items on this car. The passenger seat airbag sensor has been off for years but other than that no problems what so ever. I have been very impressed with this car. I would recommend it to anyone who is finding a decent mileage used one."

great family car

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I love my malibu. I was looking for a car that had enough room for two rear facing car seats in the back seat and the truck room for a double stroller. This had it all! I am very satified."

2006 Malibu, 230,000 miles and going strong. 4CYL

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Good MPG, Ice Cold A/C, Great Radio!"

Cons: "Its a 4 cylinder, Ehhhh... Hubcaps rattle, A LOT!"

"This HAS to be the BEST car I have EVER owned. Currently pumping out 230,000 miles with issues so minimal it is almost unreal. I did have to replace the control arms and struts at around 225K. (I'm still not sure struts were needed) The check engine light has came on once, for a completely wore out thermostat around 215K. The only electrical issues I have came across is the key less entry system, no longer works and the power door lock switches are starting to get tired. Nothing else. I haven't forgot anything! Just typical routine maintenance any car would need! SO MUCH better then my previous Ford! (I sent the Ford to the graveyard at 192K and worried the last 50K miles worth! LOL) My 06 Chevy still runs strong, leave me feeling confident to go wherever I want and I am just going to keep on driving it until it is dead!"