2006 Chevrolet Malibu

8.1

Based on 937 Ratings for the 2004 - 2007 models.

Top notch car

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Buy the SS if you can, there are few on the road."

Cons: "No cons."

"Love this car. It has power in spades, handles great and looks very attractive. When you want to pass it's never a problem at any reasonable highway speed. Handles like a dream, you can accelerate in those fun curves at high speeds without losing traction. The interior is very nice and at 8 years old I just had my first little hiccup where the paneling leather is coming unglued but I do live on the ocean so who can say if that's Chevy or the ocean."

Almost a great car

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable interior, gas mileage, price"

Cons: "Electrical problems galore"

"I purchased this car almost new in October 2005 with approximately 19,000 miles. If you're looking for a lower price car with some of the options on more expensive models then the Malibu is definitely a strong contender. Just be prepared for unexpected and costly repairs. Almost immediately after I purchased the car I started having electrical problems that caused the brake lights to not work properly. I have had the issue fixed twice to the tune of about $1,000 each time and no it looks like the brake lights are starting to act up again. I have also had other electrical problems with the car like the power door locks sticking (which now just don't work at all) and the power trunk release sticks. I've stopped using the trunk because I never know for sure it will open. In all fairness I will say if it weren't for all of the electrical problems and the fact that they started when the car was still quite new, this would be a perfect car. The interior is very comfortable and I think you would have a hard time finding a better riding car for the price. This car also does get pretty good gas mileage. Overall it's an ok car, but the electrical problems have turned me off from ever buying another Chevy."

multipurpose vehicle

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage, lots of pep, low maintenance"

"Very useful multipurpose vehicle. Transport family and friends or hauling 8 ft boards, lots of nice options. Would recommend to anybody who wants low cost transportation with little maintenance."

Superb auto for the money

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Great everything"

"Our Malibu auto has been a perfect for the eight years we have had it.........266,000 miles, drives superbly, paint job, interior, all in extra fine condition............auto driven highway miles only. Comfortable handling, and all the electronics still function, including the cruise control. Air conditioning unit still strong, and no loss of paint. Average gas mileage is 32-36 mpg. I would buy another one in a heart beat, highly recommended........bought first Chevrolet in 1963 for $2,888 right off the show room floor, fine value for the money.............."

Great gas mileage, very dependable, roomy interior

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage, no mechanical issues"

"I drove this car over 10 times from Arizona to northern California, one tank of gas would give 335 miles. Never had any mechanical issues, never leaked any oil or fluids, sold the car at 110,000 miles, and had it checked by certified mechanic. He said the car was in great condition and probably would last another 100,000 miles."