2006 Chevrolet Malibu

8.1

Based on 945 Ratings for the 2004 - 2007 models.

Just hit 276,000 miles and still no problems

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Durability to the inth degree, and reliable."

Cons: "Few electrical glitches..............."

"Had a update upon the recall I just took down to the dealership.............mechanics couldn't believe the odometer............yes, 276,000 miles and it burns about a cup of high mileage oil every two thousand miles..great, one of the best vehicles I have ever owned...........next stop 300,000.........few problems, gas gauge doesn't work any longer, but trip metre handles this problem.....all else fine, auto locking system must be unlocked manually, but probably the battery in the key device, nothing shocking..........Buy this baby, all I have done is follow the maintenance schedule..........that's it:+)}}}"

Have never had any mechanical problems

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive, great sound system."

"Car is in perfect working condition. I have kept up with the maintainance and it is basically driven 7 - 9 miles daily to work (five days a week). It has minor scratches on the lower back bumper. I just bought 4 new goodyear tires and a wheel alignment. It has LoJack and additional alarm system. I hate to part with it but am moving west and will not have use for it."

Great car easy to drive and reliable on the road.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "great motor and gas milage"

Cons: "small interiors in comparison with similar models."

"This is a great car. The tank last for up to 300 miles in the city and almost 500 on highway. Powerful motor with a great response on the hill and never loss power. Perfect for heavy traffic, is easy to drive and great maneuverability. The car is trustworthy in the city and in the road. I definitely recommend it."

Decent but costly over time

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"2004 Maxx LS. Great gas mileage, excellent get up and go, comfortable, good sound, versatile with rear seat fold down, convenient features. But the calipers, rotors, brakes in general - that's multiple hundreds of dollars over 10 years I've owned it. And, in our case 1200-1500 for front suspension work. And check engine light very hard to get turned off for inspections. Recent recall letters say no parts available for the problem. So, kinda costly to own but a good car overall for us."

Great affordable car!

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Great car and quality."

Cons: "Seats are easy to stain."

"I bought my 2006 Chevy Malibu back in 2010. I've bought the car with 50000 whiles on the head. Its a great family car with lots of room for a small family. I've driven the car all over Florida without breaking my pocket in the gas tank. I have even driven from Orlando to Panama City Beach off a single tank of gas. The car takes about 55 bucks to fill up if you are putting plus gasoline in. For a V6 it has amazing pick up. The car can do 120 with no problem without any cutting or lag. Also the car has a amazing stock sound system. The only thing I've had to replace on the since I had was break pads at about 80000, tire rods, rotaters , and a alignment at about 130000. For the most my Malibu has been a great reliable car."

Ive had almost no problems with my car for 5 years

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

"I purchased my 2006 Malibu in 2009 with 48,000 miles on it. The car has had almost no issues between 48,000 miles and 100,000 miles. Around 100,000 miles I needed to get new tires, tie rod ends, break pads, battery, serpentine belt, and some fluid flushes. Most people would say that this is a fair amount of work at 100,000 miles, but I am sure I can get another 50,000 miles out of her with minimal investments from here on out. The car has fantastic gas mileage, and has held up well to Wisconsin and Iowa winters with no rust yet. I would buy this car again. I have never touched the AC and it still cools like it did 5 years ago.....which is more than I can say for other cars I have owned. This car has been 100% reliable.....beyond typical maintenance at 100,000 it was a solid buy from day 1."

No major problems for the most part

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "It hasn't cost me a lot as far as mechanical fixes"

Cons: "Bad brakes, rusted quickly"

"This was my first new car ever. I bought it new in 2005. I've had to have the brake pads replaced and the rotors machined three times since owning it, which I think is excessive. I had to replace the fuel pump in 2013. Other than that, the car runs well. It handles Iowa winters well. In 2014 it's just starting to show it's age."

trouble-free for almost 10 yrs

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "trouble free, comfortable"

"I am the single-owner of this car. I've had it for nearly 10 yrs and never done anything but routine maintenance. Gas mileage isn't what I'd hope (about 28mpg city, very short trips), but that has a lot to do with how watered-down the gas is. Best car I've ever owned!"

Fantastic car!

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "Very many"

"I love this car! Good looking, easy to drive, good mileage, easy to keep looking nice... This is just a fantastic car!"

Regrets; should have looked longer

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Spacious cargo area"

Cons: "Almost everything else"

"I bought this car used out of desperation after my car was totaled. It was immediately available and affordable. There are a few things I like about it, but they are outweighed by the things I dislike. The positive: it has considerable cargo space; I can put up to four dog crates into the back when transporting rescue dogs when the rear seat is folded down. Because the wheel base is relatively long, Passengers in the rear seat are riding in front of the rear wheels rather than over them; it is a much smoother ride. There is also a lot of legroom in the back. The negative: the interior is poorly designed. There is a dimmer switch at knee height to the left of the steering column which I have had to replace three times, as it gets knocked off by my knees when I get into the car. The cup holders are the wrong size; I had to remove the liners. The rearview mirror has a very short stem and is hard to adjust. The car cannot maintain speed on an upgrade. The digital dashboard display can only be viewed at night. I have been told by a dealer that the only way I can correct this problem is to replace the entire radio assembly, at a cost of about $1,200.00. The manual is not well organized (there are no cross-references when looking things up), and reprogramming the options is confusing and time consuming. To top it off, the car was just recalled by GM for an ignition problem, the dealer doesn't have the repair parts, and doesn't know when they will be available. If this is typical, I hope never to own another General Motors vehicle. This is my first one, and will probably be the last."

Powerful and Roomy

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "V6 standard, Reliable, and huge interior"

Cons: "V6 can suck up your gas, takes turns hard"

"I bought my Malibu Maxx at 50,000 miles from a rental agency I worked at at the time, and after some repairs to the brakes (they were rusted from inactivity), this car has made me a happy man. I am 6'5", and this car can handle my tall, fat family (up to 5 full-sized adults) with no problems. The fold-down rear seats also saved my skin when having to move home from college, easily taking most of my stuff in two trips. I've had it on highways, gravel roads, and no roads, and I've never had any problems with power or mobility. The V6 has surprisingly good get-up-and-go, and can power up steeper grade highway hills with ease. If drive like an old man and don't use the power of the V6, I can easily get a consistent 23 mi/gal. On pure highway, can get all the way up to 30+ mi/gal! Only recently have I had any problems with it; it almost overheated, which was fixed with a new water pump and serpentine belt. With most of the "old car" repairs (repairs done around 80,000 miles) done, I fully expect this car to last another 100,000 miles. I highly recommend this vehicle to any starting family on a budget."

Great gas mileage, great features, very comfortabl

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage. Looks"

Cons: "Steering clunky"

"I have owned this car since 2006 and put 80000 miles on it so far. I love the great gas mileage 33-37 on the highway at 65 mph. Mine has remote start and heated seats which are very important in Minnesota. Always starts. Very nimble and has fantastic traction in snow and ice. Only con is the steering clunks...common problem with all Malibu's of this era."

Best car I've ever owned

By on Sunday, June 15, 2014

"Terrific car"

Top notch car

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Buy the SS if you can, there are few on the road."

Cons: "No cons."

"Love this car. It has power in spades, handles great and looks very attractive. When you want to pass it's never a problem at any reasonable highway speed. Handles like a dream, you can accelerate in those fun curves at high speeds without losing traction. The interior is very nice and at 8 years old I just had my first little hiccup where the paneling leather is coming unglued but I do live on the ocean so who can say if that's Chevy or the ocean."

Almost a great car

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable interior, gas mileage, price"

Cons: "Electrical problems galore"

"I purchased this car almost new in October 2005 with approximately 19,000 miles. If you're looking for a lower price car with some of the options on more expensive models then the Malibu is definitely a strong contender. Just be prepared for unexpected and costly repairs. Almost immediately after I purchased the car I started having electrical problems that caused the brake lights to not work properly. I have had the issue fixed twice to the tune of about $1,000 each time and no it looks like the brake lights are starting to act up again. I have also had other electrical problems with the car like the power door locks sticking (which now just don't work at all) and the power trunk release sticks. I've stopped using the trunk because I never know for sure it will open. In all fairness I will say if it weren't for all of the electrical problems and the fact that they started when the car was still quite new, this would be a perfect car. The interior is very comfortable and I think you would have a hard time finding a better riding car for the price. This car also does get pretty good gas mileage. Overall it's an ok car, but the electrical problems have turned me off from ever buying another Chevy."

multipurpose vehicle

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage, lots of pep, low maintenance"

"Very useful multipurpose vehicle. Transport family and friends or hauling 8 ft boards, lots of nice options. Would recommend to anybody who wants low cost transportation with little maintenance."

Superb auto for the money

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Great everything"

"Our Malibu auto has been a perfect for the eight years we have had it.........266,000 miles, drives superbly, paint job, interior, all in extra fine condition............auto driven highway miles only. Comfortable handling, and all the electronics still function, including the cruise control. Air conditioning unit still strong, and no loss of paint. Average gas mileage is 32-36 mpg. I would buy another one in a heart beat, highly recommended........bought first Chevrolet in 1963 for $2,888 right off the show room floor, fine value for the money.............."

Great gas mileage, very dependable, roomy interior

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage, no mechanical issues"

"I drove this car over 10 times from Arizona to northern California, one tank of gas would give 335 miles. Never had any mechanical issues, never leaked any oil or fluids, sold the car at 110,000 miles, and had it checked by certified mechanic. He said the car was in great condition and probably would last another 100,000 miles."

poor fuel economy in town

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "drives pretty good"

Cons: "poor fuel economy"

"The computer mpg estimate is very inaccurate, it says 33.6 got 28. Does okay on hwy (30 mpg) but only about 20 mpg in town. Avg about 25 mpg. Overall, I like the (besides the fuel economy) it drives nice, had decent acceleration, radio is okay, the Seats Stain very easily though."

Best vehicle ever! Great gas mileage

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage, cruise control, fun to driv"

Cons: "No navagation system installed, cloth seats"

"Pictures upon request."

very well built car

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

"people should get over the stigma that overseas cars are better. That was perhaps true in the 70s but America has been on task. Keep your money here, you'll be double rewarded."

excellent condition

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

"this car is in excellent condition"

I would buy one again

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Great price, gets great gas mileage"

Cons: "Nothing comes to mind"

"I've had my car almost ten years and (knock on wood) I have had no major issues with it. It gets great gas mileage and rides/drives well on long trips. I'm 5' tall so I feel that it is very roomy; however, my husband is 6' tall and he's not as comfortable in my car. My current mileage is about 180,000 and I'm still getting almost the same mpg as I was when I first bought it (approx 28 in the city; closer to 35 on the highway). I believe I definitely got my money's worth out of this car and I would buy another Malibu."

good vehicle until the accident

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "was a nice car"

Cons: "3 cupholders"

"the wife & I were just recently involved in an accident( a young driver ran a red light and hit us and another vehicle), I believe all 3 cars were totalled we are still waiting to hear from the insurance company to see if they are going to totaled but the entire engine compartment was sheared off we had a 5,480.00 balance approx. on the car."

love this car.best ever

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"the airbags need to be fixed. thats the only thing that needs to be done."