2006 Chevrolet Malibu

8.1

Based on 989 Ratings for the 2004 - 2007 models.

Great Car, but not free of blemishes

By on Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Great car, but has a few minor annoyances. 1. Knocking sound in the steering when going over rough roads. ( I was told that this is normal). 2) Cheap interior matierals. Plastics in the dash/windshield area make a fluttering sound when driving. 3) Cloth seats are easily stained...by water! 4) Rotors tend to get warped often. Had the rotors resurfaced at 35,000 miles and they are warped again at 50,000. 5) Side sheet metal "dents" easily. I usually take it to a car wash where they use pressure washers. The bottom sides of the car show it when looking at it at the right angle. The good things: 1) Great gas milage for the size - I avg. 27.9. 2) Lots of room for the driver and guests. I am 6'5" and very comfortable in this car. Passengers (especially rear passesngers" find the car very comfortable and the rear skylight opens up the cabin nicely. 3) Lots of power. 217hp for the 2006 LT. Good for going in a straight line. 4) Versitle. 5) Great sound system. You get a decent low for the full range speakers and the highs come through crisp because of the tweeters."

Love this Car!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Fun, great price, reliable, good gas mileage, etc"

Cons: "cant think of any"

"Best most reliable car I ever owned. V-6 engine has a lot of get up and go. Takes me through much snow and ice. Cant say enough good things about this car."

GREAT for a first car and rough drivers!

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "great tranny, engine, interior"

Cons: "outside is boxy looking, could have done better"

"I just turned 20 years old. I received the car brand new when I was 15 and has been a wonderful car. No complaints. I won't lie, I have had some FUN times in it. I am very rough with it. I turn fast, drive fast, and have alot of fun in it! Never had any troubles with it. It's a 4 banger so great gas mileage and jets around pretty good! I drive it very rough and fill my tank up MAYBE twice a month, no more. My mom drives a Kia Spectra and when I drive like I do in mine her tank goes town within 3 days or so and it's slower. The '07 Malibu is an absolutely awesome car. Only thing I don't like is the exterior looks a bit boxy. Do not place things on the seats or they will scratch! Place on the floorboard. The trunk is huge, I am 6'2 and can comfortably lay inside of it. I would suggest the car to anyone. No rattles or anything! Great cheap car."

Loved to drive it, too bad the electronics failed

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Great drive, good price"

Cons: "non-essential features fall apart"

"When I first saw this car, I did not like the way it looked. I grew to love it, especially the convenience of a hatchback and folding rear seats. This car handled well and was very reliable in the winter (for a car). I did not have to do many repairs, other than the expected expendables. However, I had problems with the electronic options of the car. The CD player gets CDs stuck in it so I gave up trying to use it. The remote for the locks do not work (both of my remotes stopped working at the same time, so I assume it is a problem with the system). The lock button on the driver's side door doesn't work, I have to reach over to the passenger door to lock the car, or use the key manually from the outside. Overall, I really liked this car, but the conveniences are unreliable."

Best car I have owned!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cons: "seat fabric stains easily"

"I bought this car new in July of '05 and I now have 152,246 miles on it. It has the 3.5L V6 engine and in my daily commute of 32 miles one way I still ave. 30mpg. I admit that it is rural driving not many stops but great for the miles. Just 1 set of brakes and a front hub on each side and an intermediate steering shaft which was under warranty. Still fun to drive and I will run it into the ground!"