2005 Chevrolet Malibu

8.1

Based on 947 Ratings for the 2004 - 2007 models.

This car is a workhorse! I have loved it!

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

"I have driven this car almost every day since buying it as a used car with 32,000 mi. on it. It needs shocks and some brake work; it has kid-proof locks and excellent security locks. I have taken reasonably good care of it but not garage kept. It has great "pick-up" and handles easily!!"

Good Car for 1st time drivers~

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great mpg"

Cons: "no space for upgrades in the engine compartment"

"I got this car for my 16th birthday and have had it for about a year now. I love the gas mileage on it 21mpg city/30mpg highway with a 17 gallon tank. I love the style of the care. Even with the few recall notices we've gotten on it (ex. ABS, Cruise Control, & Transmission recall), it has been an amazing car to drive. Great turn radius for me, as it is hard getting out of my high school parking lot, I crank my steering wheel all the way around and easily move towards the exit of the lot."

Just hit 276,000 miles and still no problems

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Durability to the inth degree, and reliable."

Cons: "Few electrical glitches..............."

"Had a update upon the recall I just took down to the dealership.............mechanics couldn't believe the odometer............yes, 276,000 miles and it burns about a cup of high mileage oil every two thousand miles..great, one of the best vehicles I have ever owned...........next stop 300,000.........few problems, gas gauge doesn't work any longer, but trip metre handles this problem.....all else fine, auto locking system must be unlocked manually, but probably the battery in the key device, nothing shocking..........Buy this baby, all I have done is follow the maintenance schedule..........that's it:+)}}}"

Have never had any mechanical problems

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive, great sound system."

"Car is in perfect working condition. I have kept up with the maintainance and it is basically driven 7 - 9 miles daily to work (five days a week). It has minor scratches on the lower back bumper. I just bought 4 new goodyear tires and a wheel alignment. It has LoJack and additional alarm system. I hate to part with it but am moving west and will not have use for it."

Great car easy to drive and reliable on the road.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "great motor and gas milage"

Cons: "small interiors in comparison with similar models."

"This is a great car. The tank last for up to 300 miles in the city and almost 500 on highway. Powerful motor with a great response on the hill and never loss power. Perfect for heavy traffic, is easy to drive and great maneuverability. The car is trustworthy in the city and in the road. I definitely recommend it."

Decent but costly over time

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"2004 Maxx LS. Great gas mileage, excellent get up and go, comfortable, good sound, versatile with rear seat fold down, convenient features. But the calipers, rotors, brakes in general - that's multiple hundreds of dollars over 10 years I've owned it. And, in our case 1200-1500 for front suspension work. And check engine light very hard to get turned off for inspections. Recent recall letters say no parts available for the problem. So, kinda costly to own but a good car overall for us."

Great affordable car!

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Great car and quality."

Cons: "Seats are easy to stain."

"I bought my 2006 Chevy Malibu back in 2010. I've bought the car with 50000 whiles on the head. Its a great family car with lots of room for a small family. I've driven the car all over Florida without breaking my pocket in the gas tank. I have even driven from Orlando to Panama City Beach off a single tank of gas. The car takes about 55 bucks to fill up if you are putting plus gasoline in. For a V6 it has amazing pick up. The car can do 120 with no problem without any cutting or lag. Also the car has a amazing stock sound system. The only thing I've had to replace on the since I had was break pads at about 80000, tire rods, rotaters , and a alignment at about 130000. For the most my Malibu has been a great reliable car."

Ive had almost no problems with my car for 5 years

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

"I purchased my 2006 Malibu in 2009 with 48,000 miles on it. The car has had almost no issues between 48,000 miles and 100,000 miles. Around 100,000 miles I needed to get new tires, tie rod ends, break pads, battery, serpentine belt, and some fluid flushes. Most people would say that this is a fair amount of work at 100,000 miles, but I am sure I can get another 50,000 miles out of her with minimal investments from here on out. The car has fantastic gas mileage, and has held up well to Wisconsin and Iowa winters with no rust yet. I would buy this car again. I have never touched the AC and it still cools like it did 5 years ago.....which is more than I can say for other cars I have owned. This car has been 100% reliable.....beyond typical maintenance at 100,000 it was a solid buy from day 1."

No major problems for the most part

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "It hasn't cost me a lot as far as mechanical fixes"

Cons: "Bad brakes, rusted quickly"

"This was my first new car ever. I bought it new in 2005. I've had to have the brake pads replaced and the rotors machined three times since owning it, which I think is excessive. I had to replace the fuel pump in 2013. Other than that, the car runs well. It handles Iowa winters well. In 2014 it's just starting to show it's age."

trouble-free for almost 10 yrs

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "trouble free, comfortable"

"I am the single-owner of this car. I've had it for nearly 10 yrs and never done anything but routine maintenance. Gas mileage isn't what I'd hope (about 28mpg city, very short trips), but that has a lot to do with how watered-down the gas is. Best car I've ever owned!"