"Great car, but has a few minor annoyances.
1. Knocking sound in the steering when going over rough roads. ( I was told that this is normal).
2) Cheap interior matierals. Plastics in the dash/windshield area make a fluttering sound when driving.
3) Cloth seats are easily stained...by water!
4) Rotors tend to get warped often. Had the rotors resurfaced at 35,000 miles and they are warped again at 50,000.
5) Side sheet metal "dents" easily. I usually take it to a car wash where they use pressure washers. The bottom sides of the car show it when looking at it at the right angle.
The good things:
1) Great gas milage for the size - I avg. 27.9.
2) Lots of room for the driver and guests. I am 6'5" and very comfortable in this car. Passengers (especially rear passesngers" find the car very comfortable and the rear skylight opens up the cabin nicely.
3) Lots of power. 217hp for the 2006 LT. Good for going in a straight line.
5) Great sound system. You get a decent low for the full range speakers and the highs come through crisp because of the tweeters."
"This car corners beautifully, engine so quiet you had to look to make sure it is running. Is a fast car and very comfortable. We made a trip about 4,000 miles a few years ago and it average 34mph on the highway. Depending on the town driving can average 26 to 28 mph. The best feature is the electronic door opener which you can start the car to warm the inside when the weather is cold and rainy. I don't understand why Chevy quit making this model, it always looks like new and has very little area that can rust. Mine sits out all the time and we live in a beach town. Lot of people think it is new and admire it all the time. We have it serviced every 3000 miles and keep the exterior clean and waxed as well as the interior. Haven't found a car near as good as it yet."
"When I first saw this car, I did not like the way it looked. I grew to love it, especially the convenience of a hatchback and folding rear seats. This car handled well and was very reliable in the winter (for a car). I did not have to do many repairs, other than the expected expendables. However, I had problems with the electronic options of the car. The CD player gets CDs stuck in it so I gave up trying to use it. The remote for the locks do not work (both of my remotes stopped working at the same time, so I assume it is a problem with the system). The lock button on the driver's side door doesn't work, I have to reach over to the passenger door to lock the car, or use the key manually from the outside. Overall, I really liked this car, but the conveniences are unreliable."