2001 Chevrolet Malibu

6.8

Based on 946 Ratings for the 1997 - 2005 models.

7.4/10
    7.1/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

Worse car ever

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Bought it brand new in 2000 and had to replace basically the entire front axle from the wheel hubs out. Brakes and parts countless times, Calipers (2x) Power window motors (2 windows) windshield washer motor, horn switch (1) relays (2) and that was when the car was under 40,000 miles. Now at 92,000 miles it now needs an intake manifold gasket to the tune of approx. $800.00 plus another brake job. I've maintained oilchanges and tire rotations since purchasing and recently tuned up the engine. However, I will not spend another dime on this vehicle.. nor will I ever purchase a Chevrolet product again."

Inexpensive, reliable car

By on Friday, January 09, 2009

"I really like my 2005 Chevy Classic. I bought it used in 2005 with 19,000 miles on it. I've had it over 3 years now and put an additional 40,000 miles on it and haven't had the first problem. It's comfortable enough that I drove 17 hours straight while 6 months pregnant from Colorado to Tennessee and then back again about 2 weeks ago with no problems! The only thing I've had to do is change the oil, and just last month replace the brake pads and tires. There's also enough room in the back seat for my children ages 13, 11, and 3 to sit comfortably with plenty of leg room."

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"Though this car doesn't get a great review. I've owned it for 10+ years and it has been a great car. I've kept it well maintained and plan to run it til it's on its last leg."

2001 Chevy Malubu

By on Sunday, November 09, 2008

"This car is a good value with many standard items such as ABS, AC, Automatic driving/night lights, etc. I have over 100,000 miles and besides oil changes, tune ups, brake pad and tire replacements, not major problem to date. Not fancy, but a good low priced American value car. Just don't leave the parking light on or put on manual head light on mode - you'll end up with dead battery later. Also, don't shut the door with car running - car will automatically lock itself."

Reliable, safe, great mpg

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, great for travel."

Cons: "The spare tire rattles"

"This vehicle was purchased used with low milage. In the 9 years that I have owned it it has needed minimal service, other than oil change, following the "book". I didn't take it to the dealer, which would have only added the cosmetic service, like oiling the doors, etc that I did myself. Milage per gallon is unbelievable. It has had a low of 22-23 mpg and a high of 33 mpg on a long trip."