1999 Chevrolet Malibu

6.8

Based on 922 Ratings for the 1997 - 2005 models.

7.4/10
    7.1/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

bad brakes

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"This car eats brakes. I have had to replace my brakes and rotors about 7 times in 6 years. Repair places say that all Malibus have this problem- everyone I know that has bought a Malibu within the last couple years has asked me about replacing brakes. Small things always break and I think I may have just got a lemon. I paid too much to have the car always have problems."

Good Quality Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"I have had my car for 10 years. I bought it new and it was well worth the money spent. I have 167,000 miles on it now and it still runs great. I did have to replace head gaskets at about 75,000 mi which cost a couple thousand with front end struts replaced, etc. This is a reliable car. The only glich is the a/c would be go on/off sporadically and then work fine at other times. Once the button light went off, my kids would push it again to get the a/c going again. I took the a/c in 3 times to a dealership to have this fixed, but none of them could ever find the problem. It was just agrivating in the heat of the summer. Good quality car though for a family."

Great comfotrable ride.

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I want to take nothing away from this car. It has enough power for your daily drive, and is comfortable enough for your daily drive. But, I am a 16 year old kid, and I wish I had gotten another sportier car. It was a mistake, but not a huge mistake. The only real thing I would change about this car is the power, I would have at least put the 3.9L instead of the 3.1. But I do absolutely love the leather and it is comfortable. Overall 4 out of 5."

Decent Car/I should know

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"I had a Malibu for 6 years and I really had no major mechanical issues with the car. The Air conditioning went our towards the end of my ownership of the vehicle and brake repairs were rather costly compared to just having disc brakes. Other than that, i was happy with my Malibu and felt it performed well."

Beware Gasket Problem

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I love the way this car handles and how it looks. However watch for 3 major problems. I've had to replace the intake valve gasket twice. The first time was at about 60,000 miles and again about 2 years later. This is a problem with all of these engines (V6). Also the front wheel bearings went out prematurely and the air cond compressor quit at about 100,000 miles."