1999 Chevrolet Malibu

6.8

Based on 934 Ratings for the 1997 - 2005 models.

7.4/10
    7.1/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.3/10

A throw away car

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "always starts"

Cons: "Rust bucket"

"I own a 2003 Malibu with 88,000 miles on it. Outside body looks nice. Underneath: 1 Floorboards rusted out near rockers. Can't put much weight for fear of breaking free. 2 Brake lines, all are rusted and need to be replaced. (ALL) 3 Fuel lines need to be replaced and will last around 6 more months, assuming I replaced the brake lines. 4 Battery and air cleaner metal shelf just rusted away. 5. Windshield visor just hangs down 6 glove box has no factory hinge, just a flap that rips off. 7 when I start it, it goes to high idle and stays there for several minutes, more so in winter . Was told this was normal for the Malibu...... I wouldn't buy one of these cars (used). stay away and save your money. I bought this car for $4,000 in 2011 and its now 2014 (3 years of use). it needs to be used as a parts car now."

Best Car Ever!

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

"I LOVE this Malibu! It's the best car I've ever had!!"

Love this car

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "safe, reliable, comfy, good sound system"

Cons: "no remote start"

"This car drives so nice. I feel safe driving it, it's not too small, not too big. Feels roomy inside, even if 5 people are in it. This has been such a good reliable car for me, I'll be sad when it's time to get a new one. I just wish it came with remote start, that is the only thing I wish it had."

Biggest Lemon Ever!

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Loved all of my cup holders!"

Cons: "hated all the mechanical problems:("

"When I first got the car it ran great! Then it started to act quirky. The turn signals would work every now and then. The radio would just shut off and then turn back on. Took it and had it tested and the guy told me it all came back to the ignition switch. Never had the $ to get it replaced. In the meantime, had to have the intake manifold replaced. Fast forward 5 years, heat not working properly, turn signals still acting quirky. Fast forward 1 more year, antifreeze/water disappearing and having to add every single day. Intake manifold needs replaced again. There is a recall on the ignition switch that would possibly fix the quirky turn signal issue but not going to worry about it now. Not fixing intake manifold when that would cost more than what the car is worth. Later found out that Chevy's have a lot of issues with their intake manifolds. Just something to look into if you are thinking of purchasing one!"

Reliable

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

"This is a great car for a 1st time driver or college student. Have had for several years, maintained properly and have had no major problems"