"At under 50000 miles, it had to have a torque converter, battery, $275.00 for a blinker on the front.
Now $600.00 switch to control the vents and it isn't covered under the extended warranty. At 52000 miles . Bad on gas consumption."
"1. 3speed wide ratio transmission assures that it will lug at every shift. Not enough power to compensate.
2. Center post design carries door panel design on back which will rip the seat out of your pants if you are over 5'10"
3. You have to go through 10 displays to reach the information you want and then return to the main display.
4. Interior is very noisy.
5. Windshield post and side mirror position assure that a tall driver will never know exactly where he is when turning left.
6. Dashboard is hard to understand.
7. Seats are designed for small people."
Pros: "Sound proof, rides smooth, easy to work on,"
Cons: "Small trunk opening although big trunk."
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 10
"My 2009 Malibu is by far my favorite car I have ever owned. I have had it for almost 4 years now and nothing major has happened to it. The only thing (other then brakes and filters) that I have needed to replace was due to me blasting a curb at 35 mph. I cracked the radiator and had a new one installed. I have done a lot of custom work to my Malibu and I get compliments constantly. I have the 3.5l v6 engine in it still and it runs like a dream."
Pros: "Loved the car. Dependable, fun to drive, sharp!"
Cons: "no memory for drivers seat."
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 9
"I can't say this car is perfect because that definition varies. For me and what I use the car for - it is. Comfortable, reliable, great for road trips. dependable for every day use, It handles well, it's a quiet ride so I really don't know what more you can say. I'd definitely buy another one."