2014 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,597 - $34,552.

10/7.9

Based on 53 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

I love my impala

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Great smooth ride, very roomy interior"

Cons: "sometimes the radio can be slow to respond"

my beautiful impala

"I love everything about this car. I have had it for almost a year and still love driving it. This is the best driving and riding car in its class. If you are Considering buying one, all I can say is you will not be disappointed. After purchasing mine, my sister-in-law bought one as did my daughter. We are all very happy with our choice."

my beautiful impala

Best most comfortable riding vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Ride comfort ,5 star safety rating,quality"

Cons: "19: wheels,low resale value"

Panoramic Sunroof

"I purchased this 2014 2LTZ Chevy Impala 2 months ago and it is everything that Consumers Reports reported it to be.It is probably the most comfortable riding car I have ever driven.I traded a 2015 Avalon Limited Model for this Impala and there is no comparison between these two cars for ride.The Avalon with only 18" wheels and it's stiff suspension is the worst riding car I have ever owned,the reason I traded down for a new 2014 Impala.Even with the 19" wheels which are not needed, the Impala is much more comfortable.The Impala 2LTZ has so much more equipment on it than the Avalon Limited Model and sells for alot less. This 2014 Impala is really a luxury class car compared to the Toyota Avalon."

Panoramic Sunroof

A Pleasant Surprise

By on Monday, April 13, 2015

Pros: "Ride, handling, luggage capacity, interior design"

Cons: "rear visibility(Camera helps) Lack of snob appeal"

"I initially liked the design of the new 2014 Impala I bought, but driving and using it in everyday travel was far beyond my greatest expectations. The ride, instrument ergonomics, handling and functional use as a family sedan is just superb. The lack of body roll in curves is better than most cars that cost double. My other car is a Mercedes Benz S 550 and I find myself driving this car a majority of the time. The quality of this car is a big secret in the marketplace ."

Shopped XTS First Bought identical equip 18K Less

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pros: "Probably walk all over my 65 Impala 327 4spd"

Cons: "2 critical recalls in very short period of time."

"I Enjoy this car. Owned for six months. Strangers at parking lots comment on its good looks. Last New Impala I bought was a red 65 fastback. I loved that car but there is no comparison to my new LTZ V6. Drove the XTS, the Impala matches its ride and response. At 18K less it has better interior ergonomics and all the bells and whistles. Only Complaint the Vehicle was recalled after I signed the papers delaying delivery for 1 day."

Same as Cadillac XTS But less money great car

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "Great car for money"

"Just drive it."

Compared to other luxury cars a fantastic value

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "Great handeling and fun to drive"

Cons: "19" wheels are not good on potholes"

"One of the nicest cars I have driven. People who ride in it are amazed at the quality of the car"

Finest company car ever.

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun and comfortable."

Cons: "slow verbal response with sound system."

"Very pleased with Impala. Early 2014 with almost 70,000 miles. Other than a few bulbs going out, no problem with car and very comfortable and powerful. Plan on buying this car from company. Interior is very roomy and the trunk space sold me on the car to begin with. 28-29 miles per gallon combined."

Highly recommend the new 2014 body design

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "Design int/ext, loaded w/features, great fuel econ"

Cons: "Chevy my link can be a bit slow, not major though"

"I've never owned a Chevy. I had been pricing 2 year old Mercedes, Audi and BMW's for high 30's. For the same price tag in the high 30's I chose a brand new car, the 2014 Impala LTZ. This car has almost as much as most of those vehicles for the same money but does not require premium gas like those cars. I chose the LTZ top of the line,(6cyl) 20" rims, heated and air cooled seats, completely loaded with Nav with amazing graphics, panorama roof, heated leather wrapped steering wheel, lane departure warning, jet black exterior, Saddle brown leather int, Bose sound system and much much more. I've gotten more compliments on the road and in parking lots than I can count in 7 months. People always compliment on how great it looks. Only minor complaints I have is the Chevy My Link system can be a bit slow sometimes but not terrible, also the voice recognition rarely understands what I'm saying, in which case I'll just call the "onstar" feature and an operator will come over the cars speaker system and you can tell her or him your address for your navigation, they download it right to your car without taking your hands off the wheel. Finally in the very, very cold mornings below freezing, the tires are a bit rough on the bumps until they warm up and soften a bit, but that would be expected with very low profile 20" tires. Next I wish I got the adaptive cruise and accident avoidance system vs. just accident notification. It alerts you if you are approaching another vehicle to fast, but does not have the system that applies the brakes.I believe that is the only feature I don't have but I think is available. The car is front wheel drive but doesn't feel like it unless you really floor on the gas pedal from a stop, very little torque steer. I hope they can add all wheel drive in the future as well. Overall I highly recommend the new Chevrolet Impala for someone that wants great looks, great power, tons of extras and great fuel economy in a larger car, I get 30-32 highway. Chevrolet knocked it out of the park with this car, surprised they haven't marketed it better. Love this car!"

This Car is Good For Me

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "I feel in total control when driving love it(Safe)"

Cons: "when I drive my wife's car I have to change habits"

"Man every time I go somewhere in this car people are asking me hey is that the new Impala. it's beautiful how does it drive. "Great" I just wanted a new car, no one in particular. Then BAM! saw the Impala and was like WOW! Test drove it and man that V6 runs like a V8. I read about some having a problem with the Sun and the dash board. Secret Sun = Sun Glasses.."

Love My Car

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "price, fun to drive"

"I am in love with my 2014 Impala. It is the perfect blend of value, style and excellent driving experience. I feel like everything is wrapped conveniently around me when I drive. I was looking for an affordable luxury and sport car. It is everything I was looking for in a car. I have no complaints about the car."

Absolutely love it

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Fast, Very roomy"

Cons: "No AWD"

"Decided to lease a 2014 Chevy Impala 2LT, I absolutely love it. Wished I would of gotten a 2LTZ thought. But if I decide to get another one when my lease is up I'll def get a LTZ."

Love This Car

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "FUN to drive, power, mileage, striking good looks"

Cons: "low profile tires not very good in snow"

"Bought our 2014 Impala LT V6 in August of 2013. A lot of fun to drive, great performance, astounding mileage, LARGE interior and trunk and great looks. What more can you ask. Over 16,000 miles as of November 2014, taken 2 trips from Michigan to Texas and averaged over 31 MPG for 2700 miles each time. Comfortable ride for 4 adults, luggage for a week and Christmas gifts. Added a set of winter tires as we live in a lake effect snow area, sure footed and reliable car in snow. Highly recommend this car. Many compliments on the Topaz Blue color."

best car ever

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

I own this car

"Since I was 16 all I had was trucks. I was leary when I bought this car but I must say I am very happy with it. Great gas mileage,roomy and a very comfy drive is above par. I have owned chevy's ford's and dodge's but this car is the best IMO."

Wait.....it's an impala?? Love this car!!!!

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, big trunk, fun to drive, spacious, safe"

Cons: "no rain sensor, expensive navigation option"

"First of all, I was never a fan of impalas until I got a ride from a co-worker who rented a 2014 Impala LT. I really enjoyed the ride and decided to go to dealer to test drive one since we were looking for a bigger and safer car after having our first baby. I purchased my 2LTZ used from dealer with 21,000 miles on it and saved a bunch over sticker price. So far I've been very satisfied with this car. If you need a spacious and safe car without paying for an SUV, this is an excellent choice. Things that I love about this car are interior and exterior design, head and leg room both front and back, huge trunk, quiet ride, powerful engine without sacrificing fuel economy much, as well as all the cool features that come with LTZ option. One thing I would change would be to add navigation as a standard option on LTZ without paying extra 2k for it. Also, it would be nice if it had rain sensor."

Nice looking car.The jury is still out on this car

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

"I bought this car a month ago already have had two recalls also it has begun to idle rough. Upon close inspection under the hood I found the wires rapped with cheap looking electrical tape some of which was lose and already falling off. Overall I am not impressed with the quality. Its still to early to tell about long term reliability .On the plus side it a nice looking car."

Great reengineering

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "It IS fun to drive."

Cons: "Rear chest belts are not accomodating for tall"

"Bought the car in November. It purrs like a cat. The engine is very responsive and powerful. Interior noise is very low at highway speeds. Some noise transfer on concrete streets because of the low profile tires but the handling is terrific, especially for a front wheel drive. Overall, the vehicle is very quiet and a pleasure to drive.I don't transport a lot of people but when I do, my passengers offer compliments on the layout and roominess of the cabin. The seating throughout is very comfortable, The trunk space is incredible. Can't say enough about the car. My only gripe is that the rear shoulder belts are not comfortable for tall passengers. This is due to the low design of the back rest. Love the rear back up camera and programmable vehicle features. Try it."

awesome car doesnt remind me of a rental car

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "awsome design and is a rush to drive"

Cons: "i have no complaints"

My new IMPALA

"This car is the ultimate rush to drive for being a 4 door sedan also it doesn't remind me of a rental car or police car to like it is to drive it"

My new IMPALA

This is the best car I have owned - fun to drive

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Good price - fun to drive - outstanding design"

Cons: "It takes a while to appreciate all the electronics"

"This car is an outstanding value, with new design features that are superior to the Impala 2013 and other vehicles with similar price tags. The 305 hp, V6 engine provides plenty of acceleration and still manages to obtain in excess of 33 mpg on the highway. The car has a quiet cabin making it a pleasure to drive while listening to my favorite music recorded on a USB drive from my IPOD music library. I purchased the advanced safety package and premium seating which enhances both comfort and safty."

Nice job GM and now, very competitive

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, mileage, trunk space"

Cons: "Firm leather seating that becomes uncomfortable"

"Very surprised with 31 mpg (really) based on actual fuel usage -- not optimistic computer. Just completed a 2,800 trip, with over 650 lbs of passengers/cargo, and up to 950 lbs maximum over 600 miles of trip (also used A/C for 70% of trip). Only downside experienced related to slightly firm leather seating that can get uncomfortable after a few hours of driving. Overall quality automobile that moved me back to GM. You'd like it, if you try it."

Terrible interior design

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "none"

Cons: "comfort, visibility, entry/exit"

"I just had the extreme misfortune to rent a 2014 Chevy Impala. What ever happened to ergonomic engineering? I am 5 ft. 9in, average weight. It was almost impossible to get in and out of the car. The steering wheel can be barely raised. When you lower the seat to exit, it becomes so low that you must strain to get over the door sill. The driver seat is not centered between the door and the console. It is so close to the console that my knee rubbed against the console constantly. Visibility to the rear and rear sides is horrible. I don't understand why anyone would purchase this car."

Was Not Crazy When I Bought It

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Great Style, Ride, Comfort & Room"

Cons: "Trade In Value Not Very Good"

"Everyone Said I Was Crazy When I Traded My Avalon For An IMPALA. No Way. It Was A Good Trade. I Got The LTZ Fully Loaded With Even The Double Sunroof. I Sure Like The Way It Handles On The Highway & Freeway. The Ride Is Quiet, Smooth & Comfortable. It's Roomie & Very Stylish Like Some Of The High End Euro Luxury Cars. Also Has Very Good Trunk Space. I Like The Lay Out Of The Dashboard. I Never Use The 85 Fuel. The Gas Mileage Wasn't Great - Unleaded Is Best. If You Buy One "HAPPY MOTORING""

Great Automobile

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Styling, acceleration, comfortable, quiet, value"

"there isn't any bad talk- a great car with better new exterior have the luxury of a high end sedan. It drives really excellent on flat roads here in North Dakota even gravel roads this car ride performance beats the dust. Seats and navigation both very well plus the NAV system has everything perfect through the touch screen include a Popup screen. Interior quiet...Overall car looks outstanding I have every available option on the 2LTZ model. Cooled, heated seats are the best works remarkably good on different climates. rearview camera is definitely excellent too with those green lines on showing me backing out driveway or parking lot its bigger enough although have to check surroundings anyway because doesn't detect every object behind the vehicle. Bluetooth best in saying command and programs my iPhone inside the navigation screen so well...Voice recognitions for all the important electronics using are really crystal clear includes (Bluetooth and Navigation). I'm in love with this car love everything about my Impala new styling, totally aerodynamic looks and sportier with a fully loaded luxury interior so best in its class."

Huge Step Forward - Best Chevy Ever

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Looks great inside and out."

Cons: "no AWD option"

"went from 2010 Cadillac CTS to 2014 Chevy Impala - don't regret a thing. The Impala has everything and more than the CTS - essentially the same engine. XTS with Chevy Logo..."

Great ride...Great vehicle

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "bit wind noise"

"this car is a blast I traded a 2011 Tahoe on a more fuel efficient car as Impala. Didn't purchase car because saving gas bought it from having much better features and rides 10x better than other Chevy cars owned in later years that is the reason switched from a car to SUV but when test drove Impala was pleased on lots new stuff for a more expensive car for the money. It drives handles great controls are simple using with having all the goodies. Impala tends have a more quiet ride best performance includes excellent safety ratings traffic crossing alert, blind spot warning and moving object detection. It also was available in a navigation system, iPod/USB interface, rearview camera, blue tooth, steering controls and more. I love this great vehicle on so much advanced features seems like a Cadillac ATS (twin badge) having styling and lots of new interior options in its class. The Impala is a beautiful car gets over 35 miles per gallon with a V6 engine its so powerful and fast under lots of excellent acceleration on a smooth ride gives. I highly recommend it to anyone looking at a great luxury car for the money."

Much better than the 09 malibu I traded in.

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Its great for long drives"

Cons: "No tinted glass"

"The Impala is a joy to drive. I love the V6! And has a lot of room inside and heated seats and cooled seats too!"