2014 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,032 - $29,661.

10/7.9

Based on 36 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Much better than the 09 malibu I traded in.

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Its great for long drives"

Cons: "No tinted glass"

"The Impala is a joy to drive. I love the V6! And has a lot of room inside and heated seats and cooled seats too!"

Fun to drive

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "love the front end, fun to drive"

Cons: "wish it had the lower LED lights like the LTZ"

"I just sold my 2000 Impala LS that I drove for l4 years. I bought a 2014 Impala 2LT. It is summit white w/gray leather. What a difference l4 years make. The '14 is much more quiet, smoother ride and more horsepower. Hang onto the steering wheel when you put it to the floor. Not great on snow like my old one but I think with snow tires, that might improve. Love the looks, love the interior and love driving it. I have only had this car for a few days so am anxious what the long term relationship is going to be."

exactly what I was looking for, plenty of power.

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "headroom for getting in cramped"

"a little hard to get into is the only complaint. Extremely eyecatching."

One great car!

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Styling, Drive, Ride, Value, Comfort"

Cons: "Navigation / My Link"

"I was skeptical about buying this car, being the first year for the redesign. I saw this right after the NY Auto show and fell in love and had to buy it. I was torn between the Chrysler 300 and Ford Taurus. I did drive the Cadillac XTS and felt like I was driving a couch. The 300 did drive and ride really nice and the quality seemed very high. I found the Taurus nice but the ride and feel very stiff and jerky as far as when you pressed the pedal. Once I drove the Impala LTZ2 it was the perfect balance of pickup, handling and feel. I also really loved the styling. I have never had a car where I have gotten so many looks and complements. I bought the Navy with the tan leather interior. It reminds me of the kind of tan color the brits used in old MG's. Maybe Chevy needs to offer English racing green to complete the package. I've already put on 13,000 miles. I do a lot of highway driving. My gas millage has been anywhere from 24 when doing mostly city driving to mostly around 28 with highway / city driving. I have the V6. To me that is great millage. I do have a heavy foot. I find the front seats VERY comfortable. I prefer it to my X3. Everything works great except for the navigation/my link. I've talked to GM about it and my dealer. They tell me there will be a fix coming but not as of yet. The map always goes to the closest view. I also hate a voice to tell me where to go, so I always turn it off. Yet it comes back on sporadically. It also resets my settings. I know this is a software bug and will be fixed soon. I love having on call where I can just ask for directions to be sent to my car rather than to input the info myself. When I have put the info in myself it is very easy and picks it up quickly. I do find the system as a whole slow to respond. I hope too this would be fixed with a software update. Even with this small problem I would rate the car a BUY! I have not enjoyed a car this much since my first BMW. The radio is great. I have the Bose system and the sound quality is great. I connect both my phone and iPod. The trunk is huge! I love the clamshell closure. It allows great access to the trunk. I say the folks at Chevrolet did an outstanding job with creating the new Impala. No foreign car can come close."

First sedan to ever own...

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "Tons of room, luxurious, beautiful styling, price"

Cons: "Absolutely nothing"

"The vehicles I've had for the past ten years or so have been Sierras, Silverados, Tahoes, and bigger SUV's and trucks. I totaled my 2007 Tahoe and needed something different, and I'm very happy I decided to go with the Impala 2LZ. Sometimes, it feels like I have more shoulder, leg, and head room in my Impala than I did in my Tahoe. The 3.6L engine has very sufficient horsepower and torque, rated at 305/264, and the fuel economy is excellent for a car this size with that much power. I can easily average 22 mpg in the city, and averaged 32 mpg on a straight highway trip (it's rated at 19/29). The steering and handling feels precise and in control of the road, regardless of whatever curves and sudden stops are ahead of you. I can spin around corners at 40 miles an hour without slowing down. The cabin is extremely spacious and luxurious, with soft touch materials and unique stitching integrated into the doors and across the entire dash. Ambient blue lighting lights all four doors and the dash at night. The trunk is massive. The back seats fold completely flat, without being on an incline for max cargo space. Chevrolet MyLink is extremely intuitive with all the ways I can connect, navigate, make calls, control the radio. The navigation feature is very easy to read and understand, while giving you an attractive three dimensional map with 3D buildings. The voice recognition in the vehicle is much more receptive than I expected, and I use it all the time. Keeping your eyes on the road is easy, because you can control virtually everything on your steering wheel. Audio, phone, navigation, and vehicle info are all accessible through your steering wheel controls. The rising screen that hides additional storage is very useful, as I have been putting my phone charger there and other various items that otherwise would be laying in the middle compartment/cupholders. Rear leg space is more than enough, and you can fold down the rear headrests for better visibility out of the back glass. Ventilated seats, electric tilt, telescopic, and heated steering wheel, 3 USB ports, 12 way power seating on front seats, 11 speaker Bose, push button start, and a long list of very luxurious features sold me on this car. Though I was a bit skeptical about the new safety features at first(forward collision alert, lane departure warning, rear cross traffic alert), they've also been very useful, and I use them more than I thought I would. And I haven't even mentioned what an absolutely beautiful car it is, from front to back. The LED headlights and LED daytime running lamps make this car stand out, night or day. It even has LED tail lights. The LTZ's will add the chrome on the lower grille, mirror caps, handles, and body moldings. People compliment me every day on my Impala. This car is BEAUTIFUL. And it rides and handles better than a Lexus ES350. I know because I'm in the car business. You'll love this car. No doubt about it."

See if you qualify for