2014 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,777 - $29,470.

10/7.9

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Absolutely love it

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Fast, Very roomy"

Cons: "No AWD"

"Decided to lease a 2014 Chevy Impala 2LT, I absolutely love it. Wished I would of gotten a 2LTZ thought. But if I decide to get another one when my lease is up I'll def get a LTZ."

Love This Car

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "FUN to drive, power, mileage, striking good looks"

Cons: "low profile tires not very good in snow"

"Bought our 2014 Impala LT V6 in August of 2013. A lot of fun to drive, great performance, astounding mileage, LARGE interior and trunk and great looks. What more can you ask. Over 16,000 miles as of November 2014, taken 2 trips from Michigan to Texas and averaged over 31 MPG for 2700 miles each time. Comfortable ride for 4 adults, luggage for a week and Christmas gifts. Added a set of winter tires as we live in a lake effect snow area, sure footed and reliable car in snow. Highly recommend this car. Many compliments on the Topaz Blue color."

best car ever

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

I own this car

"Since I was 16 all I had was trucks. I was leary when I bought this car but I must say I am very happy with it. Great gas mileage,roomy and a very comfy drive is above par. I have owned chevy's ford's and dodge's but this car is the best IMO."

Wait.....it's an impala?? Love this car!!!!

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, big trunk, fun to drive, spacious, safe"

Cons: "no rain sensor, expensive navigation option"

"First of all, I was never a fan of impalas until I got a ride from a co-worker who rented a 2014 Impala LT. I really enjoyed the ride and decided to go to dealer to test drive one since we were looking for a bigger and safer car after having our first baby. I purchased my 2LTZ used from dealer with 21,000 miles on it and saved a bunch over sticker price. So far I've been very satisfied with this car. If you need a spacious and safe car without paying for an SUV, this is an excellent choice. Things that I love about this car are interior and exterior design, head and leg room both front and back, huge trunk, quiet ride, powerful engine without sacrificing fuel economy much, as well as all the cool features that come with LTZ option. One thing I would change would be to add navigation as a standard option on LTZ without paying extra 2k for it. Also, it would be nice if it had rain sensor."

Nice looking car.The jury is still out on this car

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

"I bought this car a month ago already have had two recalls also it has begun to idle rough. Upon close inspection under the hood I found the wires rapped with cheap looking electrical tape some of which was lose and already falling off. Overall I am not impressed with the quality. Its still to early to tell about long term reliability .On the plus side it a nice looking car."

Great reengineering

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "It IS fun to drive."

Cons: "Rear chest belts are not accomodating for tall"

"Bought the car in November. It purrs like a cat. The engine is very responsive and powerful. Interior noise is very low at highway speeds. Some noise transfer on concrete streets because of the low profile tires but the handling is terrific, especially for a front wheel drive. Overall, the vehicle is very quiet and a pleasure to drive.I don't transport a lot of people but when I do, my passengers offer compliments on the layout and roominess of the cabin. The seating throughout is very comfortable, The trunk space is incredible. Can't say enough about the car. My only gripe is that the rear shoulder belts are not comfortable for tall passengers. This is due to the low design of the back rest. Love the rear back up camera and programmable vehicle features. Try it."

awesome car doesnt remind me of a rental car

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "awsome design and is a rush to drive"

Cons: "i have no complaints"

My new IMPALA

"This car is the ultimate rush to drive for being a 4 door sedan also it doesn't remind me of a rental car or police car to like it is to drive it"

My new IMPALA

This is the best car I have owned - fun to drive

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Good price - fun to drive - outstanding design"

Cons: "It takes a while to appreciate all the electronics"

"This car is an outstanding value, with new design features that are superior to the Impala 2013 and other vehicles with similar price tags. The 305 hp, V6 engine provides plenty of acceleration and still manages to obtain in excess of 33 mpg on the highway. The car has a quiet cabin making it a pleasure to drive while listening to my favorite music recorded on a USB drive from my IPOD music library. I purchased the advanced safety package and premium seating which enhances both comfort and safty."

Nice job GM and now, very competitive

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, mileage, trunk space"

Cons: "Firm leather seating that becomes uncomfortable"

"Very surprised with 31 mpg (really) based on actual fuel usage -- not optimistic computer. Just completed a 2,800 trip, with over 650 lbs of passengers/cargo, and up to 950 lbs maximum over 600 miles of trip (also used A/C for 70% of trip). Only downside experienced related to slightly firm leather seating that can get uncomfortable after a few hours of driving. Overall quality automobile that moved me back to GM. You'd like it, if you try it."

Terrible interior design

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "none"

Cons: "comfort, visibility, entry/exit"

"I just had the extreme misfortune to rent a 2014 Chevy Impala. What ever happened to ergonomic engineering? I am 5 ft. 9in, average weight. It was almost impossible to get in and out of the car. The steering wheel can be barely raised. When you lower the seat to exit, it becomes so low that you must strain to get over the door sill. The driver seat is not centered between the door and the console. It is so close to the console that my knee rubbed against the console constantly. Visibility to the rear and rear sides is horrible. I don't understand why anyone would purchase this car."

Was Not Crazy When I Bought It

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Great Style, Ride, Comfort & Room"

Cons: "Trade In Value Not Very Good"

"Everyone Said I Was Crazy When I Traded My Avalon For An IMPALA. No Way. It Was A Good Trade. I Got The LTZ Fully Loaded With Even The Double Sunroof. I Sure Like The Way It Handles On The Highway & Freeway. The Ride Is Quiet, Smooth & Comfortable. It's Roomie & Very Stylish Like Some Of The High End Euro Luxury Cars. Also Has Very Good Trunk Space. I Like The Lay Out Of The Dashboard. I Never Use The 85 Fuel. The Gas Mileage Wasn't Great - Unleaded Is Best. If You Buy One "HAPPY MOTORING""

Great Automobile

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Styling, acceleration, comfortable, quiet, value"

"there isn't any bad talk- a great car with better new exterior have the luxury of a high end sedan. It drives really excellent on flat roads here in North Dakota even gravel roads this car ride performance beats the dust. Seats and navigation both very well plus the NAV system has everything perfect through the touch screen include a Popup screen. Interior quiet...Overall car looks outstanding I have every available option on the 2LTZ model. Cooled, heated seats are the best works remarkably good on different climates. rearview camera is definitely excellent too with those green lines on showing me backing out driveway or parking lot its bigger enough although have to check surroundings anyway because doesn't detect every object behind the vehicle. Bluetooth best in saying command and programs my iPhone inside the navigation screen so well...Voice recognitions for all the important electronics using are really crystal clear includes (Bluetooth and Navigation). I'm in love with this car love everything about my Impala new styling, totally aerodynamic looks and sportier with a fully loaded luxury interior so best in its class."

Huge Step Forward - Best Chevy Ever

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Looks great inside and out."

Cons: "no AWD option"

"went from 2010 Cadillac CTS to 2014 Chevy Impala - don't regret a thing. The Impala has everything and more than the CTS - essentially the same engine. XTS with Chevy Logo..."

Great ride...Great vehicle

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "bit wind noise"

"this car is a blast I traded a 2011 Tahoe on a more fuel efficient car as Impala. Didn't purchase car because saving gas bought it from having much better features and rides 10x better than other Chevy cars owned in later years that is the reason switched from a car to SUV but when test drove Impala was pleased on lots new stuff for a more expensive car for the money. It drives handles great controls are simple using with having all the goodies. Impala tends have a more quiet ride best performance includes excellent safety ratings traffic crossing alert, blind spot warning and moving object detection. It also was available in a navigation system, iPod/USB interface, rearview camera, blue tooth, steering controls and more. I love this great vehicle on so much advanced features seems like a Cadillac ATS (twin badge) having styling and lots of new interior options in its class. The Impala is a beautiful car gets over 35 miles per gallon with a V6 engine its so powerful and fast under lots of excellent acceleration on a smooth ride gives. I highly recommend it to anyone looking at a great luxury car for the money."

Much better than the 09 malibu I traded in.

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Its great for long drives"

Cons: "No tinted glass"

"The Impala is a joy to drive. I love the V6! And has a lot of room inside and heated seats and cooled seats too!"

Outstanding upscale vehicle

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "adaptive cruise control, navigation, controls"

Cons: "ride is harsh,"

"bought my Impala LTZ W/2LZ which has more options and features paid at a great price even this car has a better resale value checking other vehicles found Impala was one of them. It's a sportier automobile very great in all bells and whistles includes Navigation, heated/ventilated seats, heated mirrors, traffic crossing alert, LED lights, USB port, Pandora capability, Bluetooth, rearview backup camera, gets over 34 mpg while available with adaptive cruise control. Impala is a more top of the line car, handles at best except what I don't know in which can't find out even has bad tires or suspension needs uptight because it doesn't have the performance ride should as is overall a great car for the money feels like I'm driving on a flat road living in a city the streets are fine here maybe I'll replaced some new radials to see if that issue can solved it. Looks more of a Cadillac with all the luxury in class, fit and finish materials are best on this nice car. Taking a long drive definitely fall asleep faster even wouldn't know it because a comfortable car having so much available on it getting LTZ W/2LZ package than have a navigation, heated/ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, and other great features. I still recommend it although the ride needs to be more firmed."

Best automobile that GM has ever made

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Luxury, controls, more safety, LED lights"

Cons: "2LT missing adaptive cruise control"

"The Impala is totally designed for 2014. This car has lots of bells and whistles...Considered what packages get between (2LT or 2LTZ)get 2ltz be more sportier having adaptive cruise control but if going for 2lt still have great features just be missing out on adaptive cruise control. Its comfortable, navigation system ft. lots of options even other features are great on this beautiful car. Seats are buckets I would considered buying one having (charcoal metallic interior trim) even wood grain goes with the luxury it has on all better fit and finish materials. Impala handles excellent, hugs the highways tight but don't race this car as like its back in 1996 again with the SS model which attended go faster. But the more upgraded new model it was built for highway as an more top of the line careful automobile perfect for a family or a great commuting automobile. Gas mileage is better from previous models gets over 34 or 35mpg now. Styling looks more appealing instead of a depressing bland style the 2006-13 had but now it has changed so much in features and interior is more outstanding. I highly recommend Impala over Toyota or Honda even a GM vehicle in same comparison because would pay a grand having a car with tons of features. Exterior is nice looking LED lights makes have a sportier oriented style and front end similar to Camaro its the best car ever for the value and best price spending."

Tried to sale this lemon back to the dealer!!!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Great looks, ok power, would love it if I was 18."

Cons: "Slant of dash reflects sun or blots out the view."

"Ruff ride on on stiff seats with the sun reflecting off the radio backup screen into your eyes. Paint chipping and transmission more tuned to the race side than confort. Stuck a Kleenex in the ashtray door to stop the rattle from cheap plastic. The worse new car I have ever owned! The dealer did offer me 9 grand less than I payed so it sure does not hold value!"

Fun to drive

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "love the front end, fun to drive"

Cons: "wish it had the lower LED lights like the LTZ"

"I just sold my 2000 Impala LS that I drove for l4 years. I bought a 2014 Impala 2LT. It is summit white w/gray leather. What a difference l4 years make. The '14 is much more quiet, smoother ride and more horsepower. Hang onto the steering wheel when you put it to the floor. Not great on snow like my old one but I think with snow tires, that might improve. Love the looks, love the interior and love driving it. I have only had this car for a few days so am anxious what the long term relationship is going to be."

Outstanding and efficient large sedan

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Large impressive interior, smooth ride"

Cons: "slow and ineffective defroster"

"Best car I have ever owned. This car blows the BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus away. Smooth ride, high tech, solid construction, sleek look."

Best GM Car in years!

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Great looking car!"

Cons: "NONE"

"Have been purchasing GM cars for over 30 years. The finest fit and finish of all of them."

My First American car in 30 years

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "drive, price, interior, info system, engine"

Cons: "none noted yet"

"After driving many fine cars I decided this year to try the Impala based on a couple of review and test drive. I am amazed at how this car matches and exceeds most cars with which I am familiar. I currently own a Mercedes 2012 S 550 and while it heavier and has a great ride I find myself driving the Impala much more. The nimble handling, the power of the V6, ride comfort and storage space make this a car that is an almost unbelievable value. It really is fun to drive. Additionally the quality and beauty of the interior as well as a first rate Nav and info system to include Bose sound are lagniappe to an already quality machine. I love this car!!"

Dash that reflects the sun

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "Nice ride, great looks"

Cons: "bad dash design, low front end, motor is to loud"

"The reviews I read are not the car I bought. Mine the sun blots out the radio rear camera and the chrome also reflex's into your eyes. Don Ringler in Temple said the 4 is the only moter for this years and its has power if you want to wind it out and hear not the big sound of old but singer sewing machine that needs oiling. Two are 3 times a day the front end drags the ground, I know our streets are bad but the Buick never did that one time. If the sun had been out when I test drove it I would not own it now!"

Amazing Ride!

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, luxurious, fast, handles well, safe"

Cons: "MPG"

"I have only owned this car for two months - but I feel like this is the best car purchase ever! Did you know this is the first American made car to ever beat a luxury brand?? (I have the 2LTZ). The seats are comfy, the back is roomy, and trunk is huge. Small pleasure, but I LOVE the back seat having its own air control. I realize I'm still breaking it in, but I wish there was a little faster response when I floor it- but that I think will come with time - after 5K it should be better. I'm averaging about 26 miles overall. I drive highway to work and run errands on the weekend. My car says I'm getting about 22.3 miles to a gallon in the city. It’s just what they said it would get, so I guess I can't complain - but if you are looking for 30 miles a gallon, not sure this is the one for you. Also, something I found that I didn't notice at first is the front bumper/fascia. If you are someone who pulls all the way into a parking spot, beware running your bumper into the curb - it’s very VERY low... if you catch it on the curb, you might pull the whole front end off. Lastly, I’ve experienced some weird things happening with the front end collision sensor – it goes off at random times- seems like when I’m driving into the sun or something. As a precaution with all the electronics, I ended up purchasing the extended warranty - cause let's face it, with all the computers that run the car, something is bound to stop working in 100K miles. Overall, I love it. Great vehicle for the money!!"

This is a Chevy? wow whats next?

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "The entire car PERIOD"

Cons: "No auto fold in mirrors."

"For you E 350 owners or BMW 7 series owners you will feel at home in this car easy, and take home so money to boot I have the Pearl white finish, 20's loaded and this car is very impressive inside and out but more so the ride is smooth, the cockpit is extremely quite love the auto start, heated seats / steering wheel but the brake warning and all around view is incredible to see in action and I have already been spared one accident thanks to this warning system. The Bose system is insane; this car push’s the “perfect car” envelope to its very limits. The my link is beyond impressive, no wonder they won the best in show award at the consumer electronics show …Chevy really hit a home run, and I am not a Chevy homer. Drive one and see for yourself! Good by Germans and Japanese I’m back on the American Train!"