2014 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,981 - $26,596.

10/7.9

Based on 42 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next

Incredible Car in Every Way!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "99% of everything!"

Cons: "Wish it was offered with All-Wheel drive"

"This is an incredible car. Let me first say that I have owned many top notch cars throughout the years. I have owned Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Porsche & a few others. I only mention this because I have 1st hand knowledge to compare the Impala against. After owning many high end, foreign cars, I decided that it might be best to support an American Manufacturer. I am surprised to report that the Impala is superior to any of the cars that I have owned. The car is extremely quiet, the ride quality is superb, the looks of the car is a real head turner, the fit & finish of the interior is attractive and comfortable, the "bells & whistles" of the "my link" system are great and easy to use, and the gas mileage is great, considering the power of the V6 engine. I have been averaging 25 mpg in town & 31 mpg on the highway. GM has hit a home run in every way. I feel that we should support American companies. If you feel the same way, the new Impala should be on your list of "test drives" when considering purchasing a new car. I'm sure you will be as happy as I am if you decide to own this car!"

The Best Vehicle I have Ever Owned!!

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride, quality!"

"OMG I just traded a 2011 Camaro for the new 2014 Impala 2LT with the V6 and I am just amazed at the overall quality! I have been driving all maked of cars for 45 years and this car just blows me away! It drives like a dream, has an excellent interior, and everyone gives me a second look! The interior is of great quality and room and the trunk is spacious but the outside of the car doesn't look like a big boat! It really drives well! GM really hit a home-run with this car! If you are thinking about buying one of these cars DON'T hesitate!"

One great car!

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Styling, Drive, Ride, Value, Comfort"

Cons: "Navigation / My Link"

"I was skeptical about buying this car, being the first year for the redesign. I saw this right after the NY Auto show and fell in love and had to buy it. I was torn between the Chrysler 300 and Ford Taurus. I did drive the Cadillac XTS and felt like I was driving a couch. The 300 did drive and ride really nice and the quality seemed very high. I found the Taurus nice but the ride and feel very stiff and jerky as far as when you pressed the pedal. Once I drove the Impala LTZ2 it was the perfect balance of pickup, handling and feel. I also really loved the styling. I have never had a car where I have gotten so many looks and complements. I bought the Navy with the tan leather interior. It reminds me of the kind of tan color the brits used in old MG's. Maybe Chevy needs to offer English racing green to complete the package. I've already put on 13,000 miles. I do a lot of highway driving. My gas millage has been anywhere from 24 when doing mostly city driving to mostly around 28 with highway / city driving. I have the V6. To me that is great millage. I do have a heavy foot. I find the front seats VERY comfortable. I prefer it to my X3. Everything works great except for the navigation/my link. I've talked to GM about it and my dealer. They tell me there will be a fix coming but not as of yet. The map always goes to the closest view. I also hate a voice to tell me where to go, so I always turn it off. Yet it comes back on sporadically. It also resets my settings. I know this is a software bug and will be fixed soon. I love having on call where I can just ask for directions to be sent to my car rather than to input the info myself. When I have put the info in myself it is very easy and picks it up quickly. I do find the system as a whole slow to respond. I hope too this would be fixed with a software update. Even with this small problem I would rate the car a BUY! I have not enjoyed a car this much since my first BMW. The radio is great. I have the Bose system and the sound quality is great. I connect both my phone and iPod. The trunk is huge! I love the clamshell closure. It allows great access to the trunk. I say the folks at Chevrolet did an outstanding job with creating the new Impala. No foreign car can come close."

Spacious, quiet, great looking and fun to drive

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Great looking, fun to drive, quiet and spacious"

Cons: "Lacks a V-8 option"

"I was originally deciding between a Chrysler 300C or Cadillac XTS, then I saw the 2014 Impala at the car show in January 2013. I waited patiently until Spring/Summer 2013 for the new models to come out. After a few test drives, I was convinced the Impala was the car for me. For those considering an XTS, compare them to the Impala (I've got the fully loaded LTZ model) and you will find that they are very similar vehicles - inside and out(I'm aware they are both built by GM). So far so great. The pick-up is good, though I wish they offered a V-8, the exterior is nice and the interior is well built, quiet and roomy. No complaints thus far. I'll check back in if the car has any problems. Hopefully the previous poster that had problems just got a lemon because *knock on wood* I haven't had ANY problems."

exactly what I was looking for, plenty of power.

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "headroom for getting in cramped"

"a little hard to get into is the only complaint. Extremely eyecatching."

exactly what I was looking for, plenty of power

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "headroom for getting in cramped"

"a little hard to get into is the only complaint. Extremely eyecatching"

Cudos GM..Nice!

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "just an very well packaged vehicle"

"I have always owned v8 cars..from Lincoln to Cadillac..I purchased this vehicle over the Chrysler 300 ( i traded a 2009 Limited).Great stereo..outstanding gas mileage and absolutley vault quiet at highway speeds..Eye catching design..There is nothing like the MY Link system on the market that does half as much..Way too go GM."

good step

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

I want this car

"Actually, I’m planning to buy this car, and it is a good step that chevy did it. they change style and improved quality of materials for interior and exterior. they improved performance, But I hope from chevy do some updates, for example put other choices of colors for interior and change the style of rear lighting, provide AWD beside FWD, increase horsepower, & torque."

Had To Have It

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "Size"

Cons: "Gas"

"I recently purchased the 2013 Malibu and kept it 3 weeks after deciding I want a little bit more power. I worked it out with a dealer to trade for the 2014 impala . Oh my goodness I couldn't be happier. It's very spacious and hugs the road in a curve about as good as my camaro. I think Chevy have out done themselves on this one. If you want something more economical on gas, you might consider waiting on the 4 cylinder later to come or the Malibu ."

Not a good buy.

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pros: "it's a car"

Cons: "overpriced, overhyped, big mistake"

"I made the mistake of purchasing this hunk of junk not more than 3 weeks ago. Everything is built so cheap; this one must have been made in Venezuela. One of my speakers has already started to malfunction. It began to drive funny about 2 weeks ago and when I brought it back to the dealership, they determined nothing was wrong with it. It still feels iffy."

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next