2012 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 884 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Comfortable car with alignment front end problems

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Comfertable, quiet, spacious interior and trunk"

Cons: "Alignment issues"

"This is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. The interior space is very nice with high quality leather. The trunk is very spacious. The ONLY problem I have had with my vehicle is that it has aligment issues. About every 1 1/2 years my alignement goes out and it wears out the front tires. Yes, I get my tires rotated regularly; about every 3500 miles actually. If you search this problem on the internet you will find a class action suit against 2007"

love the impala, everyone who has one is happy!

By on Monday, November 2, 2015

Pros: "love the impala, my first chevy!"

"roomy, runs great! police model, smooth rides can fit 6 comfortably, I only buy from private parties and got a great deal compared to dealerships my car would have been at least 4/5 more"

Reliable family car

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and affordable with the standard V6."

Cons: "Too many convenience electronics malfunctioning."

"I bought this car new and have been mostly happy with it. It gets 24 mpg city and 36 mpg on the Interstate. Overall, daily driving, including idling in winter to defrost and warm up, I have averaged 24.6 to 26.8 mpg in a year's time. Issues have been electrical: tire monitors' batteries started dying around 50,000 miles (about 3-4 years), door locks don't always want to unlock automatically when vehicle is put in park, and an airbag fault started popping up intermitently when the tilt wheel was moved frequently for different drivers. The car sometimes moves when started in park on level ground, something that I experienced on my 2004 Impala as well."

My wife made a good decision to buy this car!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cons: "Gas mileage doesn,t match up to newer cars."

"Purchased based on 125,000 miles of trouble free experience with the 2000 model. The 2008 50th anniversary model has done almost as well. It's roomy, great on highways, dependable, good looking and pleasant to drive. It's a family or senior citizen car. New rendition of Impala has all of the new technology upgrades but this previous model is a great value."

Great Mileage/Power Not Overdone W/ Bells/Whistles

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "great price, awesome power, made in North America"

Cons: "no rear A/C or rear cup holders"

"I traded in my '09 Impala LTZ for a '13 Impala LT last spring. The advertised mileage was better than its word. I traveled 6 hours through OK & KS last week. Passing power was no problem. I got over 29 mpg even though during 75% of the trip, I was on city streets or going 80 mph! What an incredible engine & tranny! I didn't want a car w/ a high "belt line" to reduce my road vision. I also didn't need GPS, a heated steering wheel & other unnecessary stuff. I wanted a basic car w/ lots of cabin & trunk space. I got both, especially w/ the fold-flat back seats. The '13 Chevy Impala is a great buy! I highly recommend it!"