2012 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 853 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

My second Impala

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Quality, 300 horsepower, good mileage"

Cons: "Depreciation"

"Just picked up the 2013 Impala LT. Gave the 2005 Impala to my daughter. What a great ride for the money! The 300 hp six cylinder is amazing! Don't fall for the lame reviews for the 2012 and 2013 Impalas. You will not find a better car for the money with a awesome track record."

excellent ride and plenty of room

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "burns oil when its time for an oil change."

"Love the power when merging into traffic and a comfortable ride when traveling. Comfortable for 4 adults and gets great gas mileage on the highway."

Better then expected!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Smooth driving; amenities; faster then expected."

Cons: "Small cup-holders; slightly-plain design."

"I was looking for a reliable vehicle for my family after having dealt with a ten-year old SUV. The impala was suggested to me, and even though I had a bad impression due to older impala reviews, I decided to test drive; and after test driving, I found I really liked it. That hasn't changed! It is a lot smoother then I expected (and I love the 6-speed auto-shift!). Very comfortable, everything is simple and convenient, but with all the amenities other cars have (power everything, including moonroof; easy-access buttons on steering-wheel; xm radio (although I don't use it much); OnStar; bluetooth; etc. I really do love my car, and I can't wait to trade it in in a couple years for the new-edition Impala! (Also, this car really has some pick-up-and-go, alot more then I expected!)"

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

"Have owned this Chevy for a year with "0" problems. Great gas mileage: 36 hwy and 24-26 town."

Good value at first, but expect repairs

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Price, looks, feel"

Cons: "Repairs moderately costly and needed too often"

"Fairly happy with the car other than it's needed more repair work done than should be necessary. First, had some head gasket issue. Google searching revealed this is a common problem for Impalas. Once it happened under warranty once it happened outside of warranty. Second, every few years need to flush the heating core otherwise there is no heat when the car is stopped. This is a pain in the butt in Iowa winters. Apparently the heating core is in the lowest part of the block/engine/whatever and collects dirt too easily. At 77,000 miles (on average) a wire that connects the gear shifter to the ignition breaks and you either can't get the keys out of the ignition or you can't move the gear shifter (depending which wire breaks/disconnects). This is a minor design flaw, every time you move the gear shifter these wires move and eventually they break. I've had some other issues but can't remember them off the top of my head. Multiple service shops have told me the Impalas typically use cheap parts and therefore they break easily (for example the head gasket issue)."