2012 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 835 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

best car so far

By on Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"its been a verry good car for the money bought it two years ago with 84000 miles on it and it now has 116000miles on it and it still drives like its new"

I love my Impala. I have no regrets buying it!

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

"I am hard on cars because I travel so much. My car has been amazing. 230,000 miles and counting. It is still in excellent condition!"

I love this car

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "roomy, comfortable ride, good gas mileage"

Cons: "no cup holders in the back seat on the LS"

"I have owned a Honda Accord and it was noisy on the highway and the had several rattels which could not be found! I owned a honda civic which the engine block cracked at 50000 which I found out honda new all along but did not place a recall on. The Impala has a great ride and has been around a long time. The price point was perfect and I feel I got a heavier car than the Honda and it's past record shows that it is a reliable Car. Sorry Honda"

Best car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

"I have owned close to 2 dozen cars some new some used, MANY different makes and models. and my 2008 Chevy Impala is by FAR the best of them all. She is my BABY,! I also own an SUV for bad weather and my baby never leaves the garage in bad weather! for the money you can NOT find a better more luxurious feeling car. the control panel is so easy and convenient, the seats so comfortable, and the ride is AMAZING!! I have driven limousines that didn't give this smooth of a ride. It's like driving a cadillac or a Lincoln. I am serious the ride will blow your mind. I had no idea I would buy this car when i began looking, but after test driving several cars from all types of dealers, the SECOND I sat in this car, it was like the car gave me a hug and whispered. I'm you're car! then I drove it and was wowed! I can't recommend the Chevy Impala strongly enough! it's AWESOME!!!"

Chevy Impala Can Not Beat It!

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "GREAT PRICE AND A VERY RELIABLE CAR"

Cons: "NOT FOR PERSON THAT HAS A HARD TIME GETTING IN CAR"

"I love all the functions it shows, mileage, oil, how far you can get on what id in your tank and extras. It has a very nice large trunk. Comfortable to drive and ride in. The power set lets drivers arrange their comfort zone with also a lumbar for your back. My car has 3 outlets in the front and 2 in the back so the kids can always have their games charging while I have my GPS, cell phone and adapter for my MP3 on the radio. I'm happy and so are my kids. There are so many compartments to keep things in like your car chargers, CD's and 2 cup holders in the front! In the back it has 3 seats with 3 head rests and all your extras for car seats. I will keep this car until I run it into the ground. I love Chevy's and find them to last a very long time! As I just made my last payment and it it worth very part I paid for it. That is why I will still keep full coverage insurance on it! It is priceless to me!"

Great Car!!

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, gas mileage"

"Not the latest in style and all the newest gadgets but if you want a very dependable, comfortable and safe car, this is it! We get 30 mpg with the new engine and transmission! Not to mention most of the cars that are mentioned as alternatives on review sites, cost significantly more, some as much as $10000 more! How is that comparable? Do your homework and you'll find that it's hard to beat this car!!"

Dependable and comfortable transportation

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"I use the car for work and have put over 82,000 miles on it in since purchasing it new in 2007. It has been a reliable and comfortable vehicle. One significant thing i have noticed is that the transmission has tendency to hard shift from stop. Other than that no major issues or problems."

gm is getting better all the time

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "great price, comfortable seats & roomy trunk"

Cons: "none I can think of"

"I've had this 2011 Impala for just over 2 years & it has been a great car. It is one of the best I have owned in my 50 years of driving. I rides nice & handles good for a fairly large sedan. I recently put new Yokohama tires on & now it drives & handles even better.It is an LT with the luxury package. It has about everything you can get on this car except a sunroof. Gas mileage is not as good as some of the Buicks I've owned but 23 in town & 28 highway is good for this size car."

My second Impala

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Quality, 300 horsepower, good mileage"

Cons: "Depreciation"

"Just picked up the 2013 Impala LT. Gave the 2005 Impala to my daughter. What a great ride for the money! The 300 hp six cylinder is amazing! Don't fall for the lame reviews for the 2012 and 2013 Impalas. You will not find a better car for the money with a awesome track record."

excellent ride and plenty of room

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "burns oil when its time for an oil change."

"Love the power when merging into traffic and a comfortable ride when traveling. Comfortable for 4 adults and gets great gas mileage on the highway."

Better then expected!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Smooth driving; amenities; faster then expected."

Cons: "Small cup-holders; slightly-plain design."

"I was looking for a reliable vehicle for my family after having dealt with a ten-year old SUV. The impala was suggested to me, and even though I had a bad impression due to older impala reviews, I decided to test drive; and after test driving, I found I really liked it. That hasn't changed! It is a lot smoother then I expected (and I love the 6-speed auto-shift!). Very comfortable, everything is simple and convenient, but with all the amenities other cars have (power everything, including moonroof; easy-access buttons on steering-wheel; xm radio (although I don't use it much); OnStar; bluetooth; etc. I really do love my car, and I can't wait to trade it in in a couple years for the new-edition Impala! (Also, this car really has some pick-up-and-go, alot more then I expected!)"

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

"Have owned this Chevy for a year with "0" problems. Great gas mileage: 36 hwy and 24-26 town."

Best car I've owned

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"This is by far the best car 've owned, it is the quietest. The ride is definitely the smoothest of any vehicle I've owned, and I've had practically every vehicle, I basically recycle cars! It has more than enough power, and the comfort is unbelievable!!! Better than any car, yes, even foreign I've been in!!! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants an excellent quality car."

Good value at first, but expect repairs

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Price, looks, feel"

Cons: "Repairs moderately costly and needed too often"

"Fairly happy with the car other than it's needed more repair work done than should be necessary. First, had some head gasket issue. Google searching revealed this is a common problem for Impalas. Once it happened under warranty once it happened outside of warranty. Second, every few years need to flush the heating core otherwise there is no heat when the car is stopped. This is a pain in the butt in Iowa winters. Apparently the heating core is in the lowest part of the block/engine/whatever and collects dirt too easily. At 77,000 miles (on average) a wire that connects the gear shifter to the ignition breaks and you either can't get the keys out of the ignition or you can't move the gear shifter (depending which wire breaks/disconnects). This is a minor design flaw, every time you move the gear shifter these wires move and eventually they break. I've had some other issues but can't remember them off the top of my head. Multiple service shops have told me the Impalas typically use cheap parts and therefore they break easily (for example the head gasket issue)."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, April 09, 2015

Pros: "reliable, handles amazing in the adverse condition"

Cons: "can't think of any. I have always loved it!"

"2004 Impala (SE) - Just the basic, no fancy bells and whistles. Bought this car in 2008 with 50,000 miles. I was hesitant to buy it because it had super high miles. We now have over 175,000 on it. We are horrible about regular maintenance and ALWAYS HAVE BEEN! Change oil light comes on and we might change it right away and we might drive it for another 3K miles. With 175K miles (other than tires and oil changes) we have only replaced one tie rod. Summer of 2014 we started having occasional problems with the dash gauges (speedometer & temperature) sticking in random places. The security light comes on now and then and occasionally have to wait 10 minutes before the car will start. But all-in-all, with 175K miles, she does just fine as my husbands work car beater! Actually we are looking to purchase another one (slightly newer) for me to drive back and forth to work to save miles on our "family" car."

Impala

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "comfort"

"Drives like a full frame car. Very smooth rides great for long trips. Great trunk space, roomy interior, looks great all around."

Pleasantly Surprised While Car Shopping

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Outstanding value, great ride, major acceleration"

Cons: "Weak A/C, BOSE system so-so"

"There's just so much to say about how great a value this car is that I struggle to keep this brief. Beyond that, to me, it's an understatedly sexy car. I catch people checking out my brilliant sterling silver 2013 Impala LTZ at least daily. Acceleration is tremendous, but without sacrificing decent gas mileage (30-32 on the highway). The leather seats are durable, but supple and magnificently comfortable, perfect for long drives. Here's something amazing, in my view: I have a funky back that actually feels better after sitting in the car for a half-hour or so. I was sold by the seats alone. Wonderful handling, a surprise for a car of this size. Just an all-around well-made car with enough panache to prevent boredom. Love it!"

Really have enjoyed this car

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Price, MPG, Size, and Style"

Cons: "None I could really think of"

"I bought a 2008 Impala with 18,000 miles on it. It was the very first used car I ever bought. I must say that I really have enjoyed this car from day one. It's price was decent paid right at $17,000 for it but it runs just like a brand new car. Very good on gas I'm getting over 30mpg on the hwy and 25 mpg in the city. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg to fill up the tank also. The back seats are good size I have two baby car seats back there. The car has plenty of room I'm 6'3'' 205 and space is no problem. The trunk size is nice also with all the baby equipment we haul around. The only bad thing is right after I bought the car I was taking a road trip and a rock flew from a truck and cracked one of my head lights. I really like this car. If they keep building them like this one I may never purchase a brand new car again."

Incredible Driving Experience w/ Excellent Stereo

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Power, Handling, Fun to drive, sound system, space"

"I bought this vehicle to get out of a Yukon XL that I had for snow up North and was I ever surprised by it's handling ability's and get up and go. Corvettes, and Porche vehicle owners always wanted to know what I had under the hood because I was so fast off the line. Going around corners like your on rails, and then when your doing 75 on the highway and need a little extra to get passed left lane hogs; it is all there for you with a minor push of the gas pedal. One time, I was on the road and very tired and there were no hotel rooms. I put down the back seats and stretched out using the trunk and I am 6'2" long and yet I still had tons of room to move around and get a good nights sleep!! With A/C off cruising at 70 mph my gas mileage would be near 27mpg and with air on around 24mpg. Not bad for so much power. The only thing I miss from my previous vehicle was riding up high, otherwise I think the Impala is a steal at any price. If you want a Corvette and can't afford one, buy the Impala as it will fly just like a sports car, but for a lot less dollars out of your pocket. Great comfort, excellent sound system, and responds to every demand instantly, with tons of extra room. It's like having a pick-up truck, that shaped like a sporty car, with the handling of a Corvette. How could you ever go wrong."

Awesome car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "great price,fun to drive"

Cons: "front seat cup holder positioning could be better"

"I previously owned a 2007 Impala LT great car depnedable reliable and when I needed it to get up and go she did.Well it got totaled earlier this year so my search was on for a new vehicle and I found the 2012 Impala LTZ and it is fantastic.If you find an Impala that was taken care of buy it you will not regret it."

one of my best in 50 years of driving

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "good price, decent gas mileage & lots of room."

Cons: "none come to mind"

"I have owned many cars over the years. Previouly had a Buick LaCrosse. This is right up there in overall comfort & performance. ( Well not near as fast as a GTO I once owned) This 2011 Impala is very comfortable & handles nice for a sedan. I use it part time in my work & love the big trunk. It is very comfortable especially on long trips.It is an LT model with the luxury package. I can just say it is a great car for the money. I can't wait to see the 2014 model due out next year. My Impala is Red Jewel Tintcoat & I get lots of good comments."

A reasonably priced comfortable ride.

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "Reasonable price, powerful engine, roomy interior."

Cons: "Interior is noisey, soft suspension."

"I purchased my 2013 Impala LT at a good price, pre-owned with 20,000 miles and with 20 months left on the manufacturers 3 year warranty.The interior is roomy. The front seats are more than enough for me (6'1" 300 lbs) and my wife (average size). The rear seat may be a squeeze for 3 adults but OK for smaller adults and children. The ride is smooth and soft. The suspension is good for straight highway and slower city driving. The interior is not real quiet; you can hear road and wind noise. I really like the V6 (300 hp) engine and 6 speed auto transmission. This car has a lot of power and I still get 22 mpg city and 32 mpg highway. This car does not have all of the latest technology that is available, but, I don't need or want it all. Because the newer Impalas were re-designed with a 4 cylinder engine, I will keep this car for many years."

Paint Inferior and expensive Muffler

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Had much enjoyment out of this car '"

Cons: "paint bad"

"Loved the car but with 41,000 original miles on it has several problems. Muffler went which is ok for 8 yr. old car but $2,000.00 to replace the muffler!! Many electrical problems; had to disconnect horn, door locks don't work and now tire pressure gauges gone and engine light on. Had car serviced regularly. Exterior paint job bad. Several recalls."

Reliable family car

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and affordable with the standard V6."

Cons: "Too many convenience electronics malfunctioning."

"I bought this car new and have been mostly happy with it. It gets 24 mpg city and 36 mpg on the Interstate. Overall, daily driving, including idling in winter to defrost and warm up, I have averaged 24.6 to 26.8 mpg in a year's time. Issues have been electrical: tire monitors' batteries started dying around 50,000 miles (about 3-4 years), door locks don't always want to unlock automatically when vehicle is put in park, and an airbag fault started popping up intermitently when the tilt wheel was moved frequently for different drivers. The car sometimes moves when started in park on level ground, something that I experienced on my 2004 Impala as well."

My wife made a good decision to buy this car!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cons: "Gas mileage doesn,t match up to newer cars."

"Purchased based on 125,000 miles of trouble free experience with the 2000 model. The 2008 50th anniversary model has done almost as well. It's roomy, great on highways, dependable, good looking and pleasant to drive. It's a family or senior citizen car. New rendition of Impala has all of the new technology upgrades but this previous model is a great value."