2010 Chevrolet Impala

8.3

Based on 755 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Very good car for the money

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Loaded full sized car at a bargain price"

Cons: "Loud exhaust, rear seat knee room, spoiler"

"Value: Full-sized car at a great price Reliability: Only problem is the recall for ignition Quality is very good - no problems Driving dynamics: Very good handling & control - ride is a little stiff. Exhaust system a little louder than I like. Design: Spoiler takes away from overall design. Door handle sometimes pinches finger. Bright chrome near shifter sometimes reflects sun into my eyes - I put a felt covering over it. Comfort & Convenience: This car has EVERYTHING and that is very convenient. Back seat could use more knee room, Fold down rear seats are great and allows me to haul things almost like a station wagon. Car is loaded and also has a moon roof. Overall: I am very satisfied with this car."

SOLID Value for the money and 300HP

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"How on earth does the kbb review claim this engine is not up to snuff to the Honda or Toyota??? It has 300 hp with plenty of torque and I still avg 28.5 mpg over the last 80,000 miles! There is a lot of bias on these sites and in the car magazines toward Honda and Toyota for some reason. Hands getting greased? All I know is this vehicle has been great. Rides nice, quiet, feels substantial and of course the get up and go is awesome. The only thing I would change would be to beef up the suspension for tighter handling but who drives passenger cars on obstacle courses? If you are driving that hard, you are going to kill someone anyway so SLOW DOWN!!! That means you NY, NJ, MI, OH, TN"

Do not buy!

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "Pretty car"

Cons: "Everything listed"

"I have a 2007 LT. It is the worst car I have ever owned. It will dollar you to death. Between tire pressure sensors, window and lock buttons, junk door hinges, and the a/c door actuators. Not to mention the recall on the ignition switch. That GM doesn't have the parts to fix. Seats are uncomfortable. No leg room for tall people or children. There is always something messing up on the car. Ruined my image of Chevrolet. Will not buy another Chevy product. If you buy on I say good luck to you. Oh yea resale is terrible."

This is a work horse

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "lot of car for the price"

Cons: "exterior poor designed compared with its competito"

"Pros: Powerfull engine, confy ride some air sound though, more than enough leg & head space, good sound system, plenty of trunk space. in my experience very relaible. Cons: exterior design is not a hook, poor performance on close turns."

Have had no problems with this car.

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Good handling and good power."

Cons: "Not enough storage space for maps etc."

"Have owned car for 1 year and have put 18,000 mile on it. Other than changing oil and filter have had to nothing else to the car. Handles nice, has good power for the Pa. hills,had a 4 cylinder Honda before this. Car was great but a 4 cylinder for all the hills just doesn't cut it for me. Am completely satisfied with the Impala so far."

Great family car. Have been extremely happy

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

"I really enjoy this car. If I were a taller person and not wanting additional height in my vehicle, this would definitely remain my choice"

dependable

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "'08 made by (GM) General Motors"

Cons: "'08 the last year General Motors"

"no rattles. doors and windows are tight. one allignment in 180000 miles. two sets of brakes. ac; no leaks ever, cold as can be. heater is hot all winter."

Quality, Convenient, Fun

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun, Sporty, Comfortable, Great for Long Trips"

Cons: "Hyperactive TCS, Heavy"

"I thoroughly enjoyed my 2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ. The 3.9L engine has just enough umph to get the heavy car moving along quite nicely. The interior is spacious, with all the driver conveniences that one would love for long trips. I have the fully loaded package (MP3, Premium Sound, Sunroof, etc.) and have taken it on all my road trips. The interior is quiet, the steering is firm, the seats comfortable. She does have some notable downfalls, however. This car is not a tuner's friend! There is little aftermarket support for the 3.9L, and while she has power and torque that will keep your highway speeds fun, don't expect much more. She has a hyperactive traction control system, and a top speed limiter at 113mph. And a whole lot of weight coming around on turns. You will feel the body roll."

I would never get a chevy after this car

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Reason: bad gas mileage

Pros: "Large, fits multiple people"

Cons: "Bad gas mileage, no cup holders."

"Bad sale; bad gas mileage, horrible stereo/sound system. Poorly designed (interior), and no cup holders. Although has a good pick-up speed and plenty of room, I will never get another Chevy Impala."

will never buy a Gm vehicle again.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

"Buying this car was the biggest mistake I made. very cheaply made."

Reliable family car

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and affordable with the standard V6."

Cons: "Too many convenience electronics malfunctioning."

"I bought this car new and have been mostly happy with it. It gets 24 mpg city and 36 mpg on the Interstate. Overall, daily driving, including idling in winter to defrost and warm up, I have averaged 24.6 to 26.8 mpg in a year's time. Issues have been electrical: tire monitors' batteries started dying around 50,000 miles (about 3-4 years), door locks don't always want to unlock automatically when vehicle is put in park, and an airbag fault started popping up intermitently when the tilt wheel was moved frequently for different drivers. The car sometimes moves when started in park on level ground, something that I experienced on my 2004 Impala as well."

Low maintenance costs

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, good power, comfortable ride."

Cons: "I want a new car but this one won't die!!"

"I put 135,000 miles on this car in 6 years and all I ever had to do was change the oil, replace the battery, brakes and tires. All normal maintenance."

Great car!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

"This has been a great car. No complaints."

My wife made a good decision to buy this car!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cons: "Gas mileage doesn,t match up to newer cars."

"Purchased based on 125,000 miles of trouble free experience with the 2000 model. The 2008 50th anniversary model has done almost as well. It's roomy, great on highways, dependable, good looking and pleasant to drive. It's a family or senior citizen car. New rendition of Impala has all of the new technology upgrades but this previous model is a great value."

Reliability is a great value

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "quick, E85, reliable, truck space, handling in sno"

Cons: "road noise, soft suspension, rear view blocked"

"I purchased the Impala new and always used E85. My milage is currently 19.5 a drop from the 20.5 I had been getting for the past 7 years. The car runs great to this day. When merging, speed is no problem. It turns okay and brakes good. The speakers sound good. I have had no problems with the major componentes. It handles well in the snow. Minor problems I have had is a leaky seal (trans.), bad blower motor and a broken wiper transmision arm. To this day the car looks and runs like new."

Best Car Ever

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, Comfortable, Roomy"

"I have had no problems with this car. I love it as much as I loved my Buick. Roomy, comfortable, and has cost me very little to maintain."

Love the car don't care for the 2011 Body style

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Great families LONG LASTING"

Cons: "2011, don't like the body style"

"I love my reliable spacious car! I just don't care for the body style! I'm looking forward to the 2014 new body style. I paid about 14k for it with 5000 miles on it and hope to get more years out of my car! I've had TONS of luck with Impalas I hope they keep up the quality and affordability! My 2003 lasted until 2012 with only regular wear and tear! I purchased my 2011 in 2012 and hope o drive this one for at least 9 years too!"

Nice car, good mileage, not problems at all.

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Just a super all around great car"

Cons: "short on head room for a big person"

"We have found our 2006 Impala to be a super great car. No problems, great gas mileage, good starter in Iowa winters as car sits outside. I would certainly buy another Impala."

spacious, comfortable, ecomony, reliable

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Reason: new truck

Pros: "plenty of inside and trunk room"

Cons: "nothing this is a 10"

"this is by far the best mid size car ever. If we didnt need a pickup we would keep this car for at least 12 years."

2007 SS is Rare. Reliable, Quality leather/interio

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "spacious, quick, when loaded & wheels looks $$$$$$"

Cons: "has cup holders front and rear (ha ha)ssssssssssss"

"My 2007, 2008, 2009, are rare which I love. I also own a 2003 mustang which is also a great car but many are around. It's a shame more people took so long to want the Impala SS and they had to stop production due to slow sales. Well my value went high once they re released more impala SS again in 2014. I bought it new in 2007 and bought the extended warranty-which I suggest if you plan on keeping an American car for 8 years. I bought the 8 year extended warranty with 100,000 for only $1,100 from a different chevy dealership which saved $500. I love it. I plan to keep this car for another 8 years cause it only has 60,000 miles and its cool to have a rare car and people ask is it really that fast from 2007? Oh Yeah it was rated in the top 10 fastest sedans for under $50,000"

I love this car, it is sporty.

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "It has a nice smooth quiet ride, I love to drive"

Cons: "See above at end of my review."

"The exterior is black with a rear spoiler and a moon roof, once you own a car with a moon roof you will never go back. On the interior I love the heated leather front seats and the dual zone heating and air conditioning really comes in handy. It has sirus XM which is totally up to you as to wanting that service or not, it also has a CD player and the speakers are Bose so you know they sound good. The rear view mirror is auto dimming at night which which I had never experienced before I think that is cool this is also where the ON Star controls are located. It has a full leather pkg. On the steering wheel you will find the cruise control buttons on the left, and on the right you can answer the phone and fully control the radio, it also has blue tooth. The child safety locks are very handy when you have a 6 yr. old grandchild who is much faster than me. All four doors have storage spaces for small items, the bucket seat backs also have pockets for books or magazines. the back seat is a bench seat where directly in the middle you can pull down an armrest that contains 2 cup holders. The trunk is huge, but if you need extra space the back seat can be folded down it has a split seat so you don't have to fold the whole seat down. It has many other options also. It is a little hard to see out the back window with 3 headrests. The main reason I am selling the car is because I have some physical limitations that have gotten much worse over the last year and I have trouble getting in and out of the car when I am not feeling well or I would not be parting with this car."

For over 50 age group

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Great for long distance trips"

Cons: "Handling and parking"

"If you are over the age of 50, and not really looking for a race car, this is the ride for you. I love the smooth ride on long distance trips. Not the best gas milage for short trips. Handling and parking can be challenging but overall, well worth the money. I am very pleased with this car."

Rides great, easy to drive

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

"Excellent highway vehicle, rear view mirror causes blind spots, wide turning radius, large trunk"

THIS AUTO IS MY PERSONAL AUTO

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "ASKING 11,000.OO"

"THIS AUTO HAS BEEN IN FAMILY SINCE 1 YEAR OLD ALLWAYS GARAGE KEPT @ KEPT CLEAN AT ALL TIMES . MY FATHER RECENTLY LOST EYE SIGHT SO HE IS NO LONGER ABLE TO DRIVE SO I JUST USE THIS AUTO FOR A SECOND BACKUP . KAS CURRENT TAGS @ INSPECTION ."

Good value for the money.

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Great value, good highway driver, power full"

Cons: "Older style, lacks modern upgrades."

"I have the LS model, which is the base model. Has no options such as, outside temp, compass, rear seat fold down cup holders ecy. just basic transportation."