2009 Chevrolet Impala

8.3

Based on 876 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

best car so far

By on Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"its been a verry good car for the money bought it two years ago with 84000 miles on it and it now has 116000miles on it and it still drives like its new"

Best car I've owned

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"This is by far the best car 've owned, it is the quietest. The ride is definitely the smoothest of any vehicle I've owned, and I've had practically every vehicle, I basically recycle cars! It has more than enough power, and the comfort is unbelievable!!! Better than any car, yes, even foreign I've been in!!! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants an excellent quality car."

My second Impala

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Quality, 300 horsepower, good mileage"

Cons: "Depreciation"

"Just picked up the 2013 Impala LT. Gave the 2005 Impala to my daughter. What a great ride for the money! The 300 hp six cylinder is amazing! Don't fall for the lame reviews for the 2012 and 2013 Impalas. You will not find a better car for the money with a awesome track record."

gm is getting better all the time

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "great price, comfortable seats & roomy trunk"

Cons: "none I can think of"

"I've had this 2011 Impala for just over 2 years & it has been a great car. It is one of the best I have owned in my 50 years of driving. I rides nice & handles good for a fairly large sedan. I recently put new Yokohama tires on & now it drives & handles even better.It is an LT with the luxury package. It has about everything you can get on this car except a sunroof. Gas mileage is not as good as some of the Buicks I've owned but 23 in town & 28 highway is good for this size car."

Good value at first, but expect repairs

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Price, looks, feel"

Cons: "Repairs moderately costly and needed too often"

"Fairly happy with the car other than it's needed more repair work done than should be necessary. First, had some head gasket issue. Google searching revealed this is a common problem for Impalas. Once it happened under warranty once it happened outside of warranty. Second, every few years need to flush the heating core otherwise there is no heat when the car is stopped. This is a pain in the butt in Iowa winters. Apparently the heating core is in the lowest part of the block/engine/whatever and collects dirt too easily. At 77,000 miles (on average) a wire that connects the gear shifter to the ignition breaks and you either can't get the keys out of the ignition or you can't move the gear shifter (depending which wire breaks/disconnects). This is a minor design flaw, every time you move the gear shifter these wires move and eventually they break. I've had some other issues but can't remember them off the top of my head. Multiple service shops have told me the Impalas typically use cheap parts and therefore they break easily (for example the head gasket issue)."