2009 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 890 Ratings for the 2006 - 2016 models.

Really have enjoyed this car

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Price, MPG, Size, and Style"

Cons: "None I could really think of"

"I bought a 2008 Impala with 18,000 miles on it. It was the very first used car I ever bought. I must say that I really have enjoyed this car from day one. It's price was decent paid right at $17,000 for it but it runs just like a brand new car. Very good on gas I'm getting over 30mpg on the hwy and 25 mpg in the city. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg to fill up the tank also. The back seats are good size I have two baby car seats back there. The car has plenty of room I'm 6'3'' 205 and space is no problem. The trunk size is nice also with all the baby equipment we haul around. The only bad thing is right after I bought the car I was taking a road trip and a rock flew from a truck and cracked one of my head lights. I really like this car. If they keep building them like this one I may never purchase a brand new car again."

Absolutely the best Chevy vehicle in years!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive! Still turns heads"

Cons: "Make trunk pass thru standard"

"I have owned 3 Chevy Impala cars within the past few years and let me tell you - if you are considering one BUY IT. They are one of the most reliable vehicles. My first was a 2008 LT in bright red with black tinted windows. She was my baby from 19k miles to 77k miles when she was hit and totaled. This car NEVER failed me and drove like a dream. I now own the 2006 LT in pewter (not my first choice but it grows on you). This one was a rental car when new. I recommend CHECKING YOUR CAR HISTORY BEFORE BUYING. I did not in this instance due to having limited time. The dealer never mentioned it was a rental and I had to find out on my own. Personally, I am not a fan of rental vehicles because you never know how they are driven. Leaving that aside, this vehicle is similar but not as solid feeling as my 2008 LT was. Mind you, I owned that vehicle in it's prime and this one was purchased at 94k and has 125k now."

Impala

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "comfort"

"Drives like a full frame car. Very smooth rides great for long trips. Great trunk space, roomy interior, looks great all around."

one of my best in 50 years of driving

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "good price, decent gas mileage & lots of room."

Cons: "none come to mind"

"I have owned many cars over the years. Previouly had a Buick LaCrosse. This is right up there in overall comfort & performance. ( Well not near as fast as a GTO I once owned) This 2011 Impala is very comfortable & handles nice for a sedan. I use it part time in my work & love the big trunk. It is very comfortable especially on long trips.It is an LT model with the luxury package. I can just say it is a great car for the money. I can't wait to see the 2014 model due out next year. My Impala is Red Jewel Tintcoat & I get lots of good comments."

Comfortable car with alignment front end problems

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Comfertable, quiet, spacious interior and trunk"

Cons: "Alignment issues"

"This is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. The interior space is very nice with high quality leather. The trunk is very spacious. The ONLY problem I have had with my vehicle is that it has aligment issues. About every 1 1/2 years my alignement goes out and it wears out the front tires. Yes, I get my tires rotated regularly; about every 3500 miles actually. If you search this problem on the internet you will find a class action suit against 2007"