2009 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 798 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Paint Inferior and expensive Muffler

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pros: "Had much enjoyment out of this car '"

Cons: "paint bad"

"Loved the car but with 41,000 original miles on it has several problems. Muffler went which is ok for 8 yr. old car but $2,000.00 to replace the muffler!! Many electrical problems; had to disconnect horn, door locks don't work and now tire pressure gauges gone and engine light on. Had car serviced regularly. Exterior paint job bad. Several recalls."

Good Family or Business Car

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "Cheap to Buy, average reliability, good handling"

Cons: "Bad resale value, boring looks, cheap interior"

"I have owned this car for 7 years no and put many miles on it. Have the LT 3.9 with leather. The car has withstood the harsh winters of Northern PA and NY, which is where most of my driving occurs. The Leather seats are a must and hold up much better than the fabric, plus heated seats are pretty nice. Handling is good and transmission is smooth, especially for an ancient 4-speed. The rear folding seats are great and I have actually used this car to sleep in on particularly rainy camping trips where I can lay flat from the trunk into the back seat. Gas mileage is only 19-21 city but have averaged a really good 28-31 highway. Issues with this car have been with its emissions sensors and tailpipes. I have replaced each of these items three times now. Brakes and rotors will also wear fast. Winter tires are a must and found that nitrogen in the tires are the best for it keeping tire pressure even in hot and cold weather. Its just like any other car. If you take care of it, it will last. Also have the 2013 Chevy Impala. All the same other than a much more powerful and refined V6 3.6."

clementon

By on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pros: "great on gas, fun to drive, smooth"

Cons: "i want red sparkle finish"

"Love this car it is black opal sparkle grey inside too many extras inside to list moon roof"

Typical yet honorable

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "cost efficient, fun to drive, easy to fix"

Cons: "poor gas mileage, blind spots, not a winter driver"

"My husband and I bought this car about a year and a half ago from a buy here pay here used car lot. Like most used vehicles, you don't know the history of the car so it's a hit or miss. This car honestly hasn't given us many problems. Right now we have a vacuum leak we're trying to track down and we had to replace the car lot's battery which is pretty typical I suppose since they just rotate them. Other than the vacuum leak though the car has been pretty reliable and she's been good to us, as long as we've been good to her. Keeping up with maintenance is a big deal with the impala. It's like she has phantom symptoms when she needs something as simple as spark plugs. So if you're buying this car make sure all of the routine maintenance is good to go and kept up. When we bought this car it had 123k miles on it. It now has 155k on it and runs like a champ, for the most part. The main thing I don't like about the impala is the gas mileage. It gets just typical gas mileage. This car though is the perfect family car. Lots of interior space for car seats, lots of trunk space. Easy to work on under the hood. And when taken care of properly has a sporty side to her nature, sticks to the ground when you punch it and just flies. So she's got power where she needs it. All in all, with the Impala I would say that if you take care of this car, this car will take care of you. She's a firm believer in karma. And she has a few above-average blind spots but that's a usual result with a larger vehicle. I am from the northern states and I must say, winter driving isn't the best. However, we only had one slide off and I think that was due to us needing new tires. So if you know how to drive in snow and ice you should be alright. If the gas mileage wasn't so typical I'd buy a new one."

Very Good Car

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Price, Size, Dependable, Good on Gas"

Cons: "A few cons, but more pros."

"I bought the my 2008 Chevy Impala used in 2009. The car had 18,000 miles on it when I purchased it. I must say it's a very nice and comfortable car. I put around 20,000 miles on it a year with travel for my job and personal use. The car is good on gas, I get right a 25mpg in the city and over 30mpg on the interstate. The trunk size is a plus with plenty of room and more. I do have a few things I don't like: the power locks started going out two years after buying the car, it started making a knocking sound under the dash board that was over $500 to get fixed, and pretty much all other repairs were regular wear and tear on the car. I now have 132,123 miles on the car and have owned it for 6 years. Overall a good car, good investment for the price. I hope to keep the car two more years before I purchase another one. I would recommend buying this car. Many people don't do the amount of driving I do. If I wouldn't have to drive so much for work I would have around 60,000-70,000 miles on the car. If I get a car again Chevy would rank very high on my list."