2008 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 853 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Good value at first, but expect repairs

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Price, looks, feel"

Cons: "Repairs moderately costly and needed too often"

"Fairly happy with the car other than it's needed more repair work done than should be necessary. First, had some head gasket issue. Google searching revealed this is a common problem for Impalas. Once it happened under warranty once it happened outside of warranty. Second, every few years need to flush the heating core otherwise there is no heat when the car is stopped. This is a pain in the butt in Iowa winters. Apparently the heating core is in the lowest part of the block/engine/whatever and collects dirt too easily. At 77,000 miles (on average) a wire that connects the gear shifter to the ignition breaks and you either can't get the keys out of the ignition or you can't move the gear shifter (depending which wire breaks/disconnects). This is a minor design flaw, every time you move the gear shifter these wires move and eventually they break. I've had some other issues but can't remember them off the top of my head. Multiple service shops have told me the Impalas typically use cheap parts and therefore they break easily (for example the head gasket issue)."

Impala

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "comfort"

"Drives like a full frame car. Very smooth rides great for long trips. Great trunk space, roomy interior, looks great all around."

Pleasantly Surprised While Car Shopping

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Outstanding value, great ride, major acceleration"

Cons: "Weak A/C, BOSE system so-so"

"There's just so much to say about how great a value this car is that I struggle to keep this brief. Beyond that, to me, it's an understatedly sexy car. I catch people checking out my brilliant sterling silver 2013 Impala LTZ at least daily. Acceleration is tremendous, but without sacrificing decent gas mileage (30-32 on the highway). The leather seats are durable, but supple and magnificently comfortable, perfect for long drives. Here's something amazing, in my view: I have a funky back that actually feels better after sitting in the car for a half-hour or so. I was sold by the seats alone. Wonderful handling, a surprise for a car of this size. Just an all-around well-made car with enough panache to prevent boredom. Love it!"

Really have enjoyed this car

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Price, MPG, Size, and Style"

Cons: "None I could really think of"

"I bought a 2008 Impala with 18,000 miles on it. It was the very first used car I ever bought. I must say that I really have enjoyed this car from day one. It's price was decent paid right at $17,000 for it but it runs just like a brand new car. Very good on gas I'm getting over 30mpg on the hwy and 25 mpg in the city. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg to fill up the tank also. The back seats are good size I have two baby car seats back there. The car has plenty of room I'm 6'3'' 205 and space is no problem. The trunk size is nice also with all the baby equipment we haul around. The only bad thing is right after I bought the car I was taking a road trip and a rock flew from a truck and cracked one of my head lights. I really like this car. If they keep building them like this one I may never purchase a brand new car again."

Incredible Driving Experience w/ Excellent Stereo

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Power, Handling, Fun to drive, sound system, space"

"I bought this vehicle to get out of a Yukon XL that I had for snow up North and was I ever surprised by it's handling ability's and get up and go. Corvettes, and Porche vehicle owners always wanted to know what I had under the hood because I was so fast off the line. Going around corners like your on rails, and then when your doing 75 on the highway and need a little extra to get passed left lane hogs; it is all there for you with a minor push of the gas pedal. One time, I was on the road and very tired and there were no hotel rooms. I put down the back seats and stretched out using the trunk and I am 6'2" long and yet I still had tons of room to move around and get a good nights sleep!! With A/C off cruising at 70 mph my gas mileage would be near 27mpg and with air on around 24mpg. Not bad for so much power. The only thing I miss from my previous vehicle was riding up high, otherwise I think the Impala is a steal at any price. If you want a Corvette and can't afford one, buy the Impala as it will fly just like a sports car, but for a lot less dollars out of your pocket. Great comfort, excellent sound system, and responds to every demand instantly, with tons of extra room. It's like having a pick-up truck, that shaped like a sporty car, with the handling of a Corvette. How could you ever go wrong."