2008 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 820 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

nice car too small limited vision, blind spots

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

"Fingers get pinched inside door handles. limited vision rear windows and rear doors. Poor fit between dash board and front doors. Not real quiet. Where do people buy flex fuel? I found one station 70 miles from home."

Great car for the money

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

"Could use a little more storage space inside cabin - that is really my only negative. And it needs an update to front end for a more stylish look. Other than that its been a great car."

Cheaply Made

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage is not bad at all."

Cons: "Ride and handling is very soft, feel like you are"

"This vehicle has a mushy ride, and very unresponsive steering, it does not feel "tight" when you drive it. It has been like that since new, and the reason we relegated the car to occasional use. The dash and door panels have a cheap plastic feel. It truly was a disappointment and I would not recommend buying one used now."

Lots of room.

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "excellent gas milg for the size."

Cons: "exterior design is lacking"

"Better gas milg. Than smaller cars. Very quiet and smooth ride."

Best bang for the buck

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Performance.. Looks .... Reliabilty"

Cons: "None that I can find YET!!"

"All I can say about the car is I'm glad I purchased it when I did.... The very next year of this car production in 2009 it shrunk significantly...Size was everything to me when I purchased it ..."

It's a great car.

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "It fun to drive"

Cons: "Nothing just that's it's not a Buick"

"I love this car and it's like brand new and I just got new tires on it 3 weeks ago. But I had a Buick before this Impala and I want to see if I can get another Buick."

NOT BAD

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"2ND IMPALA I'VE OWNED. THIS ONE HAS MOST OF THE BELLS AND WHISTLES FOR COMFORT. HANDLES WELL IN WINTER. DRIVES SMOOTH. GAS MILAGE IS EXCELLENT. ONLY COMPLAINT I'VE HAD SO FAR IS THE CUP HOLDERS ARE JUST IN AN AWKWARD PLACE AND REALLY 2 DRINKS IN THEM DON'T FIT."

Major mechanical issues

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable ride, large trunk"

Cons: "Major mechanical issues. Unreliable!"

"I bought this car in 2009 (is a 2006 model year with about 60,000 miles) from a dealership whom had obtained the car from a rental company. It would seem I should have been more wary of the possibility of issues from the start. After 18 months without any issues, the decline began. It started with a flat spot on the starter, not allowing the car to start upon my return from a weekend trip out of town. Then the brake pads went soon after. The following year was the biggest disaster. I have always kept up with normal maintenance of my vehicle, in spite of this, the engine completely seized and was deemed un-usable by a mechanic and a dealership in the Tampa Bay Area. I could either replace the engine with a used engine (for about $2500) or a new engine (for about $5000). Needless to say, I chose the former. After spending the money to have the entire engine replaced, it stopped working again about 10 days later, turns out some wiring had gone bad and needed to be replaced. Soon after, there were issues with the gas cap staying tightly sealed, thus reducing the car's already poor fuel efficiency. A few months later, it became increasingly difficult to turn the steering wheel. Rather than a simple fluid exchange, this problem was caused by a faulty steering fluid pump (another costly piece of hardware) which had to be completely replaced. Additionally, the car is now having issues causing an external metal-grinding sound when turning the wheel at slower speeds. It has also been stalling out in the middle of turning through an intersection as well as at stop lights (randomly). I am more than pleased to announce I am getting rid of this car and will be getting a more reliable vehicle, after much consumer review-reading and research on Consumer Reports and Edmunds."

Great vehicle for price and performance

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Great ride and comfortable"

Cons: "More updated interior and gauges"

"Great starter vehicle for young drivers"

Solid, reliable, comfortable and fast.

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

"For a program car this vehicle is a bit old on looks but with the 300hp 3.6 v6 matched to the 6 speed automatic acceleration is great with appropriate shift points. Remember, this is a family sedan. Not a sports car. I consistently get 31 mpg on the highway. The LTZ suspension helps the vehicle corner acceptably for a large car. Minor irritations are the size of the interior controls, especially the heat/ac. Bose stereo is great though was a bit hard for me to figure it all out. I am not too tech savvy. Blue tooth is great. The rear wing on the trunk obstructs vison. Trunk is spacious and folding rear seats are helpful."