2007 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 856 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

best car so far

By on Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"its been a verry good car for the money bought it two years ago with 84000 miles on it and it now has 116000miles on it and it still drives like its new"

I love this car

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "roomy, comfortable ride, good gas mileage"

Cons: "no cup holders in the back seat on the LS"

"I have owned a Honda Accord and it was noisy on the highway and the had several rattels which could not be found! I owned a honda civic which the engine block cracked at 50000 which I found out honda new all along but did not place a recall on. The Impala has a great ride and has been around a long time. The price point was perfect and I feel I got a heavier car than the Honda and it's past record shows that it is a reliable Car. Sorry Honda"

Best car I've owned

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"This is by far the best car 've owned, it is the quietest. The ride is definitely the smoothest of any vehicle I've owned, and I've had practically every vehicle, I basically recycle cars! It has more than enough power, and the comfort is unbelievable!!! Better than any car, yes, even foreign I've been in!!! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants an excellent quality car."

Great Car!!

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, gas mileage"

"Not the latest in style and all the newest gadgets but if you want a very dependable, comfortable and safe car, this is it! We get 30 mpg with the new engine and transmission! Not to mention most of the cars that are mentioned as alternatives on review sites, cost significantly more, some as much as $10000 more! How is that comparable? Do your homework and you'll find that it's hard to beat this car!!"

gm is getting better all the time

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "great price, comfortable seats & roomy trunk"

Cons: "none I can think of"

"I've had this 2011 Impala for just over 2 years & it has been a great car. It is one of the best I have owned in my 50 years of driving. I rides nice & handles good for a fairly large sedan. I recently put new Yokohama tires on & now it drives & handles even better.It is an LT with the luxury package. It has about everything you can get on this car except a sunroof. Gas mileage is not as good as some of the Buicks I've owned but 23 in town & 28 highway is good for this size car."

My second Impala

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Quality, 300 horsepower, good mileage"

Cons: "Depreciation"

"Just picked up the 2013 Impala LT. Gave the 2005 Impala to my daughter. What a great ride for the money! The 300 hp six cylinder is amazing! Don't fall for the lame reviews for the 2012 and 2013 Impalas. You will not find a better car for the money with a awesome track record."

excellent ride and plenty of room

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "burns oil when its time for an oil change."

"Love the power when merging into traffic and a comfortable ride when traveling. Comfortable for 4 adults and gets great gas mileage on the highway."

Better then expected!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Smooth driving; amenities; faster then expected."

Cons: "Small cup-holders; slightly-plain design."

"I was looking for a reliable vehicle for my family after having dealt with a ten-year old SUV. The impala was suggested to me, and even though I had a bad impression due to older impala reviews, I decided to test drive; and after test driving, I found I really liked it. That hasn't changed! It is a lot smoother then I expected (and I love the 6-speed auto-shift!). Very comfortable, everything is simple and convenient, but with all the amenities other cars have (power everything, including moonroof; easy-access buttons on steering-wheel; xm radio (although I don't use it much); OnStar; bluetooth; etc. I really do love my car, and I can't wait to trade it in in a couple years for the new-edition Impala! (Also, this car really has some pick-up-and-go, alot more then I expected!)"

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

"Have owned this Chevy for a year with "0" problems. Great gas mileage: 36 hwy and 24-26 town."

Good value at first, but expect repairs

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Price, looks, feel"

Cons: "Repairs moderately costly and needed too often"

"Fairly happy with the car other than it's needed more repair work done than should be necessary. First, had some head gasket issue. Google searching revealed this is a common problem for Impalas. Once it happened under warranty once it happened outside of warranty. Second, every few years need to flush the heating core otherwise there is no heat when the car is stopped. This is a pain in the butt in Iowa winters. Apparently the heating core is in the lowest part of the block/engine/whatever and collects dirt too easily. At 77,000 miles (on average) a wire that connects the gear shifter to the ignition breaks and you either can't get the keys out of the ignition or you can't move the gear shifter (depending which wire breaks/disconnects). This is a minor design flaw, every time you move the gear shifter these wires move and eventually they break. I've had some other issues but can't remember them off the top of my head. Multiple service shops have told me the Impalas typically use cheap parts and therefore they break easily (for example the head gasket issue)."

Impala

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "comfort"

"Drives like a full frame car. Very smooth rides great for long trips. Great trunk space, roomy interior, looks great all around."

Pleasantly Surprised While Car Shopping

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Outstanding value, great ride, major acceleration"

Cons: "Weak A/C, BOSE system so-so"

"There's just so much to say about how great a value this car is that I struggle to keep this brief. Beyond that, to me, it's an understatedly sexy car. I catch people checking out my brilliant sterling silver 2013 Impala LTZ at least daily. Acceleration is tremendous, but without sacrificing decent gas mileage (30-32 on the highway). The leather seats are durable, but supple and magnificently comfortable, perfect for long drives. Here's something amazing, in my view: I have a funky back that actually feels better after sitting in the car for a half-hour or so. I was sold by the seats alone. Wonderful handling, a surprise for a car of this size. Just an all-around well-made car with enough panache to prevent boredom. Love it!"

Really have enjoyed this car

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Price, MPG, Size, and Style"

Cons: "None I could really think of"

"I bought a 2008 Impala with 18,000 miles on it. It was the very first used car I ever bought. I must say that I really have enjoyed this car from day one. It's price was decent paid right at $17,000 for it but it runs just like a brand new car. Very good on gas I'm getting over 30mpg on the hwy and 25 mpg in the city. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg to fill up the tank also. The back seats are good size I have two baby car seats back there. The car has plenty of room I'm 6'3'' 205 and space is no problem. The trunk size is nice also with all the baby equipment we haul around. The only bad thing is right after I bought the car I was taking a road trip and a rock flew from a truck and cracked one of my head lights. I really like this car. If they keep building them like this one I may never purchase a brand new car again."

Incredible Driving Experience w/ Excellent Stereo

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Power, Handling, Fun to drive, sound system, space"

"I bought this vehicle to get out of a Yukon XL that I had for snow up North and was I ever surprised by it's handling ability's and get up and go. Corvettes, and Porche vehicle owners always wanted to know what I had under the hood because I was so fast off the line. Going around corners like your on rails, and then when your doing 75 on the highway and need a little extra to get passed left lane hogs; it is all there for you with a minor push of the gas pedal. One time, I was on the road and very tired and there were no hotel rooms. I put down the back seats and stretched out using the trunk and I am 6'2" long and yet I still had tons of room to move around and get a good nights sleep!! With A/C off cruising at 70 mph my gas mileage would be near 27mpg and with air on around 24mpg. Not bad for so much power. The only thing I miss from my previous vehicle was riding up high, otherwise I think the Impala is a steal at any price. If you want a Corvette and can't afford one, buy the Impala as it will fly just like a sports car, but for a lot less dollars out of your pocket. Great comfort, excellent sound system, and responds to every demand instantly, with tons of extra room. It's like having a pick-up truck, that shaped like a sporty car, with the handling of a Corvette. How could you ever go wrong."

Awesome car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "great price,fun to drive"

Cons: "front seat cup holder positioning could be better"

"I previously owned a 2007 Impala LT great car depnedable reliable and when I needed it to get up and go she did.Well it got totaled earlier this year so my search was on for a new vehicle and I found the 2012 Impala LTZ and it is fantastic.If you find an Impala that was taken care of buy it you will not regret it."

one of my best in 50 years of driving

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "good price, decent gas mileage & lots of room."

Cons: "none come to mind"

"I have owned many cars over the years. Previouly had a Buick LaCrosse. This is right up there in overall comfort & performance. ( Well not near as fast as a GTO I once owned) This 2011 Impala is very comfortable & handles nice for a sedan. I use it part time in my work & love the big trunk. It is very comfortable especially on long trips.It is an LT model with the luxury package. I can just say it is a great car for the money. I can't wait to see the 2014 model due out next year. My Impala is Red Jewel Tintcoat & I get lots of good comments."

Reliable family car

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and affordable with the standard V6."

Cons: "Too many convenience electronics malfunctioning."

"I bought this car new and have been mostly happy with it. It gets 24 mpg city and 36 mpg on the Interstate. Overall, daily driving, including idling in winter to defrost and warm up, I have averaged 24.6 to 26.8 mpg in a year's time. Issues have been electrical: tire monitors' batteries started dying around 50,000 miles (about 3-4 years), door locks don't always want to unlock automatically when vehicle is put in park, and an airbag fault started popping up intermitently when the tilt wheel was moved frequently for different drivers. The car sometimes moves when started in park on level ground, something that I experienced on my 2004 Impala as well."

My wife made a good decision to buy this car!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cons: "Gas mileage doesn,t match up to newer cars."

"Purchased based on 125,000 miles of trouble free experience with the 2000 model. The 2008 50th anniversary model has done almost as well. It's roomy, great on highways, dependable, good looking and pleasant to drive. It's a family or senior citizen car. New rendition of Impala has all of the new technology upgrades but this previous model is a great value."

Great Mileage/Power Not Overdone W/ Bells/Whistles

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "great price, awesome power, made in North America"

Cons: "no rear A/C or rear cup holders"

"I traded in my '09 Impala LTZ for a '13 Impala LT last spring. The advertised mileage was better than its word. I traveled 6 hours through OK & KS last week. Passing power was no problem. I got over 29 mpg even though during 75% of the trip, I was on city streets or going 80 mph! What an incredible engine & tranny! I didn't want a car w/ a high "belt line" to reduce my road vision. I also didn't need GPS, a heated steering wheel & other unnecessary stuff. I wanted a basic car w/ lots of cabin & trunk space. I got both, especially w/ the fold-flat back seats. The '13 Chevy Impala is a great buy! I highly recommend it!"

great car

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "runs great, good mpg, easy to drive, great car"

"bought this car in 2011 brand new. got 10,000 dollars off of it, the car has almost every option and runs and drives great. always starts great, all the electronics work great and gets good mpg. the car also does very well in snow and the traction control works amazing on icy roads and dirt"

Solid Sedan

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "Great price, OnStar, Fuel Mileage, Horsepower."

Cons: "NONE"

"I have owned Chevrolet vehicles all my life, and have always been very satisfied. The Chevrolet Impala is no exception. This is a solid car for a good price. My 2010 model gets great gas mileage, and the newer ones get even better gas mileage. This car rides very nice, and has enough ponies under the hood to get up and go when you need it to. Great for around town, and very responsive on the highway. If you are a do-it-yourself person, you'll find that changing the oil on this car is very easy. I highly recommend this car, and Chevrolet in general."

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!!!!

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "PRICE STYLE MPG COMFORT SPACE RIDE EVERYTHING"

Cons: "REAR SEATS DON'T FOLD DOWN"

"I've owned this car for a year ane I love it. City mpg 23 hwy mpg 32.4 those are my averages not estimated. Car still runs like new people compliment the style atleast twice a month. I love the ride and the only money I've put in it since the purchase is a water pump, brakes, rotors, and tune up; all of which are regular maitnance except for the water pump. I cannot complain one unnormal repair at 55000miles. If your worried about space worry no more I fit a 55inch TV in the back seat new still in the box. this car is huge. I've owned a blazer, civic, bonnieville, taurus, escort, and lincoln ls. Hands down gm vehicles have been the most reliable but after this impala it chevy from here on out. I love this car getting ready to purchase my wife a malibu. DON'T HESITATE BUY ONE!!!!"

Good value sedan!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Spacious interior, large trunk, good value."

Cons: "Remote starter has poor range"

"This car handles well, has been dependable, and gets 29 mpg. It is generous in size with plenty of room for 5 passengers. I love the large trunk space which I use for flea market finds, shopping purchases, grandkids suitcases,etc.The backseat folds down giving you another option for loading long or large items in the trunk. You could practically bed down and live in it. I have the power heated leather seats included in a deluxe package , a real plus on cold winter mornings. Comes with On Star free for the first year. I did subscribe to On Star the second year for the phone service, and emergency contact,and the unlocking door feature,but there are better ways to get directions so did not purchase that part after the first year. It does come with an automatic car starter , however, if buying again I would upgrade this due to poor range of the one included. Overall ,a good value sedan ."

GREAT CAR

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "great car, great power, great price"

Cons: "most dont come with dark interior. mine did though"

"I would recommend the Chevy Impala with the 3.9L engine. It has great power with good gas mileage. The car has need no repairs and it has 105,000 miles on it. Living in the New York where they salt the roads in the winter, you will find the Impala holds up very well"

best vehicle i've had so far

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "wish it got more miles to the gallon"

"Great and reliable car."