2007 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 821 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Best bang for the buck

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Performance.. Looks .... Reliabilty"

Cons: "None that I can find YET!!"

"All I can say about the car is I'm glad I purchased it when I did.... The very next year of this car production in 2009 it shrunk significantly...Size was everything to me when I purchased it ..."

It's a great car.

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "It fun to drive"

Cons: "Nothing just that's it's not a Buick"

"I love this car and it's like brand new and I just got new tires on it 3 weeks ago. But I had a Buick before this Impala and I want to see if I can get another Buick."

NOT BAD

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"2ND IMPALA I'VE OWNED. THIS ONE HAS MOST OF THE BELLS AND WHISTLES FOR COMFORT. HANDLES WELL IN WINTER. DRIVES SMOOTH. GAS MILAGE IS EXCELLENT. ONLY COMPLAINT I'VE HAD SO FAR IS THE CUP HOLDERS ARE JUST IN AN AWKWARD PLACE AND REALLY 2 DRINKS IN THEM DON'T FIT."

Major mechanical issues

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable ride, large trunk"

Cons: "Major mechanical issues. Unreliable!"

"I bought this car in 2009 (is a 2006 model year with about 60,000 miles) from a dealership whom had obtained the car from a rental company. It would seem I should have been more wary of the possibility of issues from the start. After 18 months without any issues, the decline began. It started with a flat spot on the starter, not allowing the car to start upon my return from a weekend trip out of town. Then the brake pads went soon after. The following year was the biggest disaster. I have always kept up with normal maintenance of my vehicle, in spite of this, the engine completely seized and was deemed un-usable by a mechanic and a dealership in the Tampa Bay Area. I could either replace the engine with a used engine (for about $2500) or a new engine (for about $5000). Needless to say, I chose the former. After spending the money to have the entire engine replaced, it stopped working again about 10 days later, turns out some wiring had gone bad and needed to be replaced. Soon after, there were issues with the gas cap staying tightly sealed, thus reducing the car's already poor fuel efficiency. A few months later, it became increasingly difficult to turn the steering wheel. Rather than a simple fluid exchange, this problem was caused by a faulty steering fluid pump (another costly piece of hardware) which had to be completely replaced. Additionally, the car is now having issues causing an external metal-grinding sound when turning the wheel at slower speeds. It has also been stalling out in the middle of turning through an intersection as well as at stop lights (randomly). I am more than pleased to announce I am getting rid of this car and will be getting a more reliable vehicle, after much consumer review-reading and research on Consumer Reports and Edmunds."

Great vehicle for price and performance

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Great ride and comfortable"

Cons: "More updated interior and gauges"

"Great starter vehicle for young drivers"