2007 Chevrolet Impala

8.3

Based on 705 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Good value at first, but expect repairs

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Price, looks, feel"

Cons: "Repairs moderately costly and needed too often"

"Fairly happy with the car other than it's needed more repair work done than should be necessary. First, had some head gasket issue. Google searching revealed this is a common problem for Impalas. Once it happened under warranty once it happened outside of warranty. Second, every few years need to flush the heating core otherwise there is no heat when the car is stopped. This is a pain in the butt in Iowa winters. Apparently the heating core is in the lowest part of the block/engine/whatever and collects dirt too easily. At 77,000 miles (on average) a wire that connects the gear shifter to the ignition breaks and you either can't get the keys out of the ignition or you can't move the gear shifter (depending which wire breaks/disconnects). This is a minor design flaw, every time you move the gear shifter these wires move and eventually they break. I've had some other issues but can't remember them off the top of my head. Multiple service shops have told me the Impalas typically use cheap parts and therefore they break easily (for example the head gasket issue)."

Beautiful car handles great.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"Stores 4 months in summer."

good reliable vehicle, looks good, rides smooth

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "priced right, smooth drive, reliable, looks good"

Cons: "seats are hard, but getting broke in finally, OK"

"had to replace trans seal leaking, under warranty, and it has been a great vehicle since. no problems ever, trans didn't even slip, although it was low on fluid. just put two tires and a battery on it. that's all it ever needed. could be a little more comfy, nice leather, but kinda hard. faux wood grain dash looks good. great bose stereo."

Everything is good except Gas Tank reading .

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Cons: "no ashtray and cup holder"

"Fuel milege says 30 it was 22.8 miles"

Great car for the price

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "economy"

"This is our 3rd Impala and all have been excellent vehicles. Would recommend these to anyone interested in a full size car with great gas mileage."

THIS IS THE BEST CAR I EVER OWNED.

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "I JUST TO LOVE TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL OF THIS SS"

Cons: "NOTHING NEGATIVE"

"I WILL HAVE A HARD TIME TRADING THIS PERFORMING BEAUTIFUL VEHICHLE. NONE OF THE NEW CHEVYS FOR 2014 COME UP TO THIS SS. FRONT WHEEL DRIVE AND A V8/4 IS THE BEST COMBINATION FOR TRACTION AND DECENT GAS MILEAGE. THIS CAR IS GARAGE KEPT AND STILL LOOKS LIKE NEW. I HAVE OWNED LUXURY AUTO LIKE CHRYSLER LHS AND 300M BUT THE IMPALA SS EXCELLS."

this is a great car, very comfortable

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"very comfortable, etc. only problem I've had is the driver side rear view. Otherwise, great car."

good car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, drives well"

Cons: "bad gas milage"

"The SS is fun to drive and incredibly comfortable. It's a foot wider than my last car, so I took the passanger mirror off twice. folding mirrors would be better. It has great interior space. I didnt really appreciate it until I bought a house. I found that I could put longer pieces of trim in my sedan than my sister could in her SUV. I also drove 4 kids and a 50lb dog 4 hours in reasonable comfort. Biggest issue is the bad gas milage. The 4/8 on demand cylinder design does not seem to help. If you just do in town driving its probably not worth it, but if you go long distance there is no better sedan."

Car handles very well and gets reasonable mileage

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "responsive handling and decent gas mileage"

Cons: "Could use more rear seat leg room"

"Have had the car for 6 years and enjoy it very much."

Incredible Driving Experience w/ Excellent Stereo

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Power, Handling, Fun to drive, sound system, space"

"I bought this vehicle to get out of a Yukon XL that I had for snow up North and was I ever surprised by it's handling ability's and get up and go. Corvettes, and Porche vehicle owners always wanted to know what I had under the hood because I was so fast off the line. Going around corners like your on rails, and then when your doing 75 on the highway and need a little extra to get passed left lane hogs; it is all there for you with a minor push of the gas pedal. One time, I was on the road and very tired and there were no hotel rooms. I put down the back seats and stretched out using the trunk and I am 6'2" long and yet I still had tons of room to move around and get a good nights sleep!! With A/C off cruising at 70 mph my gas mileage would be near 27mpg and with air on around 24mpg. Not bad for so much power. The only thing I miss from my previous vehicle was riding up high, otherwise I think the Impala is a steal at any price. If you want a Corvette and can't afford one, buy the Impala as it will fly just like a sports car, but for a lot less dollars out of your pocket. Great comfort, excellent sound system, and responds to every demand instantly, with tons of extra room. It's like having a pick-up truck, that shaped like a sporty car, with the handling of a Corvette. How could you ever go wrong."

A good car that could be a Great car!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Solid well built car, and comfortable."

Cons: "Transmissions are made of glass"

"The impala is a good comfortable car. The interior is ok but some of the panels feel cheap. I enjoy the layout of the car and like the roomy driving position. Since I am a big guy this works well for me. It has held up fine and does not show too much wear. The seats are just Ok but tolerable on long drives. The handling conceded me a bit as the rear end seemed nervous at time but after I purchased strut tower bars and installed them the car is a tight handling dream. The engine is perfect. Not one single problem form this well made engine and it has always kept its power and spunk. Now the bad stuff. The transmissions in these cars are well known to have issues and mine is no exception. Supposedly the previous owner had it replaced under warranty. I found no receipts and could not verify but the new tranny is failing quickly. It leaks, and slips quite a bit and I am sure the torque converter is toast. It works and gets me places mostly fine but with slips. It is not confidence inspiring. After many second opinions it needs to be replaced again but the warranty is out. So my family uses it as a back up and for grocery getter duties. For trips and family duties we use our Tahoe (which is the BEST Gm product). For a car to only have 112000 and be going on its third tranny is unacceptable."

car is good to excelelant

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

"good transportation and good fuel economy when not foot in it."

awesome car

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "front wheel drive"

"Very fast for a 4 door sedan. Factory exhaust has a nice exhaust note but is not overbearing. seats are comfortable. The heated seats and remote start have spoiled me. Handles excellent at higher speeds, and still delivers a smooth and quiet ride. This car is an unbeatable value. The bose stereo with aux input is a very nice feature. I do wish the power windows had automatic down and up all the way around. It only has automatic down on the driver window. Other than that, This car is a much better performer and ride than most European luxury sedans which cost twice as much."

love the car, had since new .

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"Care has been reliable and comfortable. Bought 2012 Impala because I liked this one so much. Love the 2012 as well."

Nice Car, Roomy and Comfortable

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, speedy, and a good value to own."

Cons: "gas guzzler, body roll in turns and when braking."

"I have owned this car for three years and 60,000 miles. As a salesman I am frequently on the road, and I enjoy the comfort of the vehicle. It's big enough to serve as a rolling office, take the kids camping, or do a 10-hour drive on vacation with ease. The trunk is absolutely cavernous. With the big V6, it packs a pretty decent punch for a full sized vehicle. With size comes mushy handling, body roll, and nose-diving when you get into the brakes, but it feels safe and predictable even at high speeds. My only disappointment has been the fuel economy. I've never seen north of 23MPG, even on the highway. I've burned up some bearings and a water pump, but from a maintenance standpoint it has been fairly predictable."

Most reliable car ever had!

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, responsive with good gas mileage."

"Bought the 2008 Impala Lt in early 2009 with 15000 miles on it. I now have 106000 miles on it, and have only had regular maintenance. I used all manufacturers suggested maintenance on all fluid changes and recommendations. Great gas mileage for the responsive V6 engine. The most reliable car I have ever owned, which includes its foreign counterparts."

Great road car... I've been very happy with it...

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Backseat leg room could be a little roomier..."

"Waiting to buy my new Impala....Breathlessly..."

Well satisfied with, ride, handling, comfort.

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "Great car and very reliable"

"I have been well satisfied with the performance of the car and have had no problems. Did routine maintainince as prescribe regulary. Poor eyesight is prompting this inquiry, and the need to stop driving."

It is a great value for performance and comfort.

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Quality, styling, performance, and great comfort"

Cons: "nothing really"

"My Impala was purchased used from a dealer (13,000 miles) with the 3.9 engine, leather, and with everything else except a moon roof. It currently has just over 90,000 miles on it and the only thing to date was a transmission line leak. It currently has a minor oil pan gasket leak (8 hours labor to repair due to front frame removal). My red Impala holds four large people and four golf bags comfortably and offers great performance, mileage, & and a smooth ride. I receive nothing but compliances on the car. The difference between my old 2004 Impala and this car is night and day with quality and design. A car is only as good as the maintenance it receives. I would recommend this car to anyone."

Overall not the worst....

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable Interior"

Cons: "Easily dents. Not a trip car. BAD on gas."

"Terrible resale value. Quality is somewhat ok. Noticed that the back bumper is made out of a harden plastic type not fiberglass. Bad on gas. Cant take a hit, scratch, or bump that well. Good strong interior & comfortable. Transmission is falling apart & its only 3 years old!"

A very good car for the money.

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Handling, comfort, power, lg trunk, fold down seat"

Cons: "Gas mileage, steering colunm squeak, visibility"

"I love much about this car. It is comfortable, corners well and has lots of power. Great ride on long trips. Gas mileage (average 24) is not great although it would be much more efficient if driven at 65 miles per hour on the road. The one problem I have is a "rub" noise in the steering column at slow speeds that seems to be getting worse. My dealer says this is a common problem and does not have a good fix??"

very satisfactory full size sedan

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

"Enjoy driving and riding in my Impala. have replaced all original tire with quality tires . Have replaced original battery. Vehicular regular oil and lubrication maintenance. Vehicle never needed engine work, except for the cleaning of air conditioning system and replacement of refrigerant. Vehicle equipped with 6 seat belts, 3 each in front with half seat in front when driver's arm rest is lowered. Need smaller vehicle for better gas milage. Also, the owner/driver is infrequently accompanied by only one Senior adult."

Good gas mileage, great power, rides great,

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, excellent comfort"

Cons: "Dated dash, guages and seat design"

"This Chevrolet Impala has amazed me. It has great power with the 305hp 3.6 V6 engine that gets 30-32 mpg on the highway and 23-25 mpg in town. It rides like a very heavy car and handles great. The only negative thing I would say is that the overall appearance of the dash and guages and interior design looks very dated and cheap. Thank you Chevrolet for the redesiged 2014 Impala and the updated interior."

My Baby has some issues

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Feature-packed good gas mileage for a sedan, space"

Cons: "Tranny problems"

"I bought this 07 LTZ fully loaded as a first car, and I loved it. At first. Maybe it was just luck of the draw, but in the past year or so, Ive been having a number of transmission issues, and they are becoming quite costly. This car had 60,000 miles when I bought it, dean CarFax, and Ive since put about 25,000 miles on it. I want to love it, but its coming expensive. Other than that, Its bee great, very reliable, it always starts no matter the temp, good gas mileage, tons of safety, LOVE the Bose sound system, looks good, i just wish I wasn't having issues with mine :("

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive in, Mileage, info"

Cons: "doesnt have many cup holders, only has 2"

"This vehicle has power, mileage and style for only being an LT. I get in it every day to go someplace and it starts up on every turn, very reliable and i can take it anywhere. Great car overall."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25