2006 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 887 Ratings for the 2006 - 2016 models.

Best car I've owned

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"This is by far the best car 've owned, it is the quietest. The ride is definitely the smoothest of any vehicle I've owned, and I've had practically every vehicle, I basically recycle cars! It has more than enough power, and the comfort is unbelievable!!! Better than any car, yes, even foreign I've been in!!! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants an excellent quality car."

Good value at first, but expect repairs

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Price, looks, feel"

Cons: "Repairs moderately costly and needed too often"

"Fairly happy with the car other than it's needed more repair work done than should be necessary. First, had some head gasket issue. Google searching revealed this is a common problem for Impalas. Once it happened under warranty once it happened outside of warranty. Second, every few years need to flush the heating core otherwise there is no heat when the car is stopped. This is a pain in the butt in Iowa winters. Apparently the heating core is in the lowest part of the block/engine/whatever and collects dirt too easily. At 77,000 miles (on average) a wire that connects the gear shifter to the ignition breaks and you either can't get the keys out of the ignition or you can't move the gear shifter (depending which wire breaks/disconnects). This is a minor design flaw, every time you move the gear shifter these wires move and eventually they break. I've had some other issues but can't remember them off the top of my head. Multiple service shops have told me the Impalas typically use cheap parts and therefore they break easily (for example the head gasket issue)."

Better then expected!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Smooth driving; amenities; faster then expected."

Cons: "Small cup-holders; slightly-plain design."

"I was looking for a reliable vehicle for my family after having dealt with a ten-year old SUV. The impala was suggested to me, and even though I had a bad impression due to older impala reviews, I decided to test drive; and after test driving, I found I really liked it. That hasn't changed! It is a lot smoother then I expected (and I love the 6-speed auto-shift!). Very comfortable, everything is simple and convenient, but with all the amenities other cars have (power everything, including moonroof; easy-access buttons on steering-wheel; xm radio (although I don't use it much); OnStar; bluetooth; etc. I really do love my car, and I can't wait to trade it in in a couple years for the new-edition Impala! (Also, this car really has some pick-up-and-go, alot more then I expected!)"

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

"Have owned this Chevy for a year with "0" problems. Great gas mileage: 36 hwy and 24-26 town."

Awesome car

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "great price,fun to drive"

Cons: "front seat cup holder positioning could be better"

"I previously owned a 2007 Impala LT great car depnedable reliable and when I needed it to get up and go she did.Well it got totaled earlier this year so my search was on for a new vehicle and I found the 2012 Impala LTZ and it is fantastic.If you find an Impala that was taken care of buy it you will not regret it."