2004 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 986 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

312K miles orig.engine tranny,shes true blue

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "safe, reliable and comfortable car"

"we bought this car in 2004, second owner, was not to keen on Chevy's, but I liked the sleek style and the round brake lights..when we bought it the miles were 53,000 now I have 312,000, this car has surprised the heck out of my husband and I, considering he takes her for her 6 thousand mile oil change and rotation of tires...oh yeah, we never changed her spark plugs since we had her. the ride is like a cadallic, she puts on 168 miles a day bringing me to work and back, she is my true besse,I have complete faith every time I turned the key, she starts right up..I have trust in this car and feel the safty and comfortable ride..not garaged. we don't have one..would I buy another.....what do you think??"

07 Impala SS

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Excellent car. I own a standard 07 LT Impala and a 07 Impala SS. Both vehicles are great. The SS obviously provides far more fun. The 303 hp aluminum block (detuned vet engine) is ready to go and emits a great sound from the pipes when pushed. Very reminiscent to my youth, but with drivability and safety we require today from cars. The backseat is a little tight for adults. The front seat passengers need to move their seats all the way the front to make room for rear passengers. The car rides extremely nice in city streets and highway. The active fuel management system helps and is virtually invisible to the driver. You have to look at the digital read out to see what mode you are driving in. Great car and very happy I own it, but I wish GM would have put a little more bling into the interior. The black SS stitched leather seats are beautiful and very comfortable. Fun car for under $25,000 that is capable of blowing away 90 % of the cars on everyday roads."

Great new look, but leaking head gasket...

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for just over a year now and it has been great. Recently I was changing my oil and noticed a build up of oil at the base of my engine. So I followed to oil trace up to discover that my intake manifold was leaking oil! I was a little shocked to see this! This car has been nothing but great to me thus far. So I took it into a GM Certified shop and they verified that it was in fact leaking. They also informed me that GM was investigating this problem on several other vehicles as well. If you already own one, remove the plastic cover on top of the engine and check to see if there is any oil leakin anywhere. If you are concidering buying one, keep on eye on it for the first year or so. From what I was told I am not the only Impala owner to have this happen. Other than that, this car has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Great style, comfort, driving, and performance. Get 28 mpg highway avg. and around 20 city! Not bad for a V6 and a sedan this size!"

A GREAT DEPENDABLE VEHICLE

By on Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pros: "Good quality and dependability"

Cons: "Coolant leaks on intake manifold and A/C leaks"

"Bought this car used with 120,000 miles on it 4 years ago and is now at 259,000 miles. Put very little money into it ball joints,tie rod ends, control arm bushings and intake manifold gaskets. I am not easy on vehicles and this car just won't die.... Aside from little problems it has been problem free except for A/C not working. Still getting 28-30mpg."

Thoughts after a year used

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Fast, Roomy, Safe"

"When I first got the car, it had 129K miles on the odometer, and needed some pretty brutal repairs. While I have to say, it was expensive getting it back up and running, this car has been great to have. It's roomy, it's fast, it has tons of space in the trunk, it's reliable, and it's incredibly safe (although I've never needed to test this)"

EXCELLENT CAR VERY DEPENDABLE

By on Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive dependable and economical to operate"

"I bought the car used to drive to work only. I put a lot of miles on a car in a month's time. This car has out performed any car previous purchased for work purposes. It has been very dependable, minimal repairs and economical to operate."

Best Car I Owned!

By on Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pros: "Awesome,good pricing,Long-lasting"

Cons: "Anti-theft lock not working"

"I had this car for almost 12 years! It has been my #1 car for that time. VERY GREAT 1ST CARS! My father kept telling me not to buy an Impala but I did anyways. but my power anti-theft lock isn't working."

Great car...very dependable commuter car

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "good price for the features, fun to drive"

Cons: "headrests are uncomfortable"

"This car has been an excellent commuter car. I love how it drives and all of the features it has. It holds a family of four and our luggage comfortably when we take a trip."

I LOVE my Impala!

By on Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pros: "Fast - Affordable - Spacious - Reliable"

Cons: "Cold wipers!"

"My 2001 has been SO GREAT! Had to replace intake gasket, but it was my third car with that type engine, so we knew what was coming...had extended warranty in place. Would definitly buy another if I didn't need 4x4. My ONLY HATE about this car was the wipers not on the windshield. They never heated up with the defroster on to wipe the snow off. I would have to wait for the rubber to warm up and expand to touch the shield again to be useful. Weird I know, but a real issue for upstate NY !! Otherwise, TWO THUMBS UP ACROSS THE BOARD !!"

Make sure you look this car over before buying!

By on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"My dad originally bought this car when it was fairly new. I then got it from my sister, and everything seemed to be alright with it for a year or so. I just had to get minor work done on it. I have replaced the wheel bearings 3 times in the past year and a half (which I was told that it was typical for this car, and it's a defect as it ages), had the blinker switch replaced twice(even know someone who had the same car, and had the same issue.). It heats up easily, and had to replace coolant in it many times. The fuel pump went, and now I need to get a new car, due to it being in such bad shape, it's too expensive for me to constantly maintain this car. Maybe it's just my experience, but I would definitely ask lots of questions and the history of this brand of car before buying it. It was a nice car, but I was told that the previous owner (before my dad and sister) may have done something to it that noone knew about until now. So, it goes through wheel bearings like candy. Again, ask questions, and make sure you know the issues with the car before buying it!"

Nice Vehicle - great highway cruiser

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"I do a LOT of driving for work - about 20k per year, and have an 06 Impala LT with the 3.5 engine. I'm not sure how some people only get 18-22mpg, because this thing averages 32-34 on the highway (consistently - no exaggeration) - driving 70 to 75 mph. Very smooth ride, quite, comfortable, and safe feeling car, My only complaint is the ride is a little soft for my taste - I like a sportier, firmer ride, but then again, this isn't a sports car.. I believe the LTZ model, however, has firmer suspesion (the "FE2" code suspension) - so that may be something to look into. Other than that, no complaints. My last Chevy was a 98 Monte Carlo that was still running very strong at 160k - this one seems like it will go well past 200k w/o any problems."

Styling and Performance

By on Friday, June 6, 2008

"Very good acceleration and great handling. Nice appointments and great looks. Seats not as cushy as my 2000 Impala but certainly comfortable. Gas mileage on the highway is as advertised and good for the size of car and engine although around town does not quite measure up to estimates. Very reliable and great value. Will get another top-of-line Impala in another 2-3 years."

Best Car I've Ever Owned!

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, safe for new drivers!"

Cons: "Honestly can't think of ANY!"

"Loved this car from the first time I drove it. Bought it used, but, it had very LOW miles on it. It had ALL the bells & whistles I was looking for & a few that I'd never had before, such as heated seats, and a sun roof, which I LOVE. Have owned this car for 7 years now, and STILL LOVE IT, as much as the first time I drove it! Love the stereo system in it, the sporty yet luxurious feel of the interior and exterior style. Love the performance of the engion. It's always "peppy". No one can ever pass me up, unless I let them! LOL! Great Car! Also: excellent gas milage. Couple more things I just thought of....also like the large truck and the back seat will fold down for larger cargo. Handles well on wet roads."

Definitely got my money's worth

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Virtually problem free."

Cons: "Not the best styling, but I don't care."

"I bought my 2000 Impala used when it had about 36,000 miles on it.For years it had no issues. I have since replaced the ac compressor, wheel bearings and most recently the fuel pump. But all of that pales in comparison to car payments. This is the best car I have ever owned. Almost 300,000 miles and still going."

Car is falling apart!

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, solid built car"

Cons: "bad transmissions, terrible paint job"

"This has been the worst car I've ever owned. If I wouldn't have bought the extended warranty, I would've paid about $12,000 for repairs after the original warranty expired."

love this car

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "sweet car"

"I love the style and looks of this car the comfort the handleing. My car has 153000 miles on it still has decent retail value. This car is very dependable get good gas mileage for the size of car it is. I have gotten up to 38mpg on highway"

no muss no fuss, reliable and just wont die

By on Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pros: "mileage, reliability and overall value"

Cons: "no CD player"

"no issues, still getting 28ish highway miles to gallon wth a whopping 203K miles!!! great v-6 engine. Can only hope my next one is this good."

Fantastic car!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "great A/C, Stereo, runs everyday and still looks g"

Cons: "They don't make this style anymore."

"This car has served 6 people in my family with no issues. It has been to college with 2 kids and still remains a loved tresure by each of us. Easy to maintain and great quality from front to back. The interior still looks new with no dash damage from the Arizona sun. The A/C is very good and all passengers even in 120 degree weather are comfortable. The base stereo is very good and has andled all types of music with no issues. We are extremely pleased with the vehicle and still find it a pleasure to drive as well as look at! No, it is not for sale!"

I love this car so much! It's been the best ever.

By on Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros: "It's all good!"

Cons: "A/C fan is not the strongest."

My 2002 Chevy Impala

"I've driven this car for 7 wonderful years. It has been very reliable & great to drive. I've gotten over 30mpg on long trips, I use the cruise control all the time. 16mpg in town is a bummer though. It's powerful,roomy with tons of storage space. Lots of leg room & comfy seats. Ive always like the way the radio lowers itself when the outside noise lowers, it lowers. I kept all weather tires on it for snow in Utah. It drove and handled great in snow, ice & rainy roads/weather. I'd buy it again but the 2012 Imps have terrible ratings. I truely love this car."

My 2002 Chevy Impala

Good solid car.

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

"Few problems after early transmission failure at about 30,000 miles. Dealer would not help with problem since it was just over 3 years old."

I would buy 18 of these

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliable. Safe. Beastly."

Cons: "Gas mileage has gone from avg. to poor over time."

"I bought this car used. It already had 160,000 miles on it (mostly highway miles--I know the previous owner). I have had it for four years and it is now an 11 year old vehicle. Outside of normal wear and tear/maintenance (oil changes, replacing worn break pads) I have put exactly $60 into this car. I replaced the resonator which had a hole in it and had gotten very loud over a long period of time. The car's performance has been phenomenal. I have never had a problem with it that did not allow me to drive it. It has had minor electrical problems--but considering the age of the car and the price I paid for it, I'm not worried about those kinds of things. The point is, if you are looking for reliability, safety, durability and endurance, this is your car. The thing is a tank. It thinks it is a truck in the snow. It will win in a fight with any other car. I would joust in this thing. Incredible. Superior. Runs like a dream. LOVE THIS CAR!"

One of Chevy's Better Products

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "price mpg comfort space"

"This car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I have only had one maintenance problem in the 6 years that I have owned it and that was a small pump in the Trans that needed replacement at about 100000 miles. althought it is showing some age at the moment, I do not intend to sell it. I intend to have it rebuilt and keep it another 6 years. I have the V-Six and I like to brag that my 2005 Impala is a full size car that gets 33 mpg and which is equal to most of the so called compact efficient cars of the recent past"

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

"bought used the car now has 120000 miles on it no problems ,Great gas MPG 32mpg.. Would buy another ,but for now we drive this one everyday no plans to sell or trade!"

Excellant car

By on Sunday, January 17, 2010

"I bought my Impala used in 2005 with 100k on it from the origional owners who maintained it regularly and took excellant care of it. I have had very few problems with it and now have 145k on it. Still looks great and I would not be afraid to take a trip anywhere in it. Which goes to show if you maintain & take care of a vehicle it will last!! GO CHEVROLET!!USA & PROUD OF IT!!"

A money pit..

By on Thursday, December 24, 2009

"We got our 2001 Impala at 3yrs with 36,000 miles. This is a poorly made car. Neither dependable or reliable. This car hit the point of deminishing returns long ago. I expected to have this car for 10 yrs and 150,000! Even my mechanic said it was becoming a money pit and recommended getting a newer one! It didn't qualify for cash for clunkers although it certainly was a clunker"