2004 Chevrolet Impala

8.3

Based on 958 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Excellent car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"I have driven this car over 300,000 miles myself. I bought it used with about 60,000 on it. Very few issues with it. Replaced the catalytic converter, had the lower engine gasket replaced, transmission fluid change (not flushes), couple batteries, brake jobs, and changed the oil every 3000 miles. It still starts and runs great!!!"

Best Decision Yet

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, fuel efficient"

Cons: "trade value low, intake gaskets common issue"

"I bought my 2003 Impala base in December 2011 and I haven't looked back. Bought the car with 183,000 miles on it and it had some issues. I ended up putting a few thousand dollars into the car since I got it so cheap and it runs like new. Extremely reliable, never leaves me stranded and is always fun to drive. I average 25.5 mpg driving 20,000 miles a year. Really a great choice for anyone looking for a great car. The trade value for them isn't much but definitely a good choice!"

GREAT CAR

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, luxurious"

Cons: "hideous steering wheel,"

"I have a 2005 Impala with the 3.8L V6 (it's the LS trim). I absolutely love this car. It's sporty, very luxurious, comfortable, and has unbelievable and unbeatable reliability (w/o going into the Honda market). I got my impala in 2011 and was only expecting to beat it thru winter (only reason I got it), but turned out I liked it so much, I kept it. My car (as of Nov 2013) has about 216,000 miles on it, and runs like it's fresh of the showroom floor. It's still in excellent condition (no dash cracking nor showing any signs of age or wear). My neighbor's boyfriend had one an 03 and it lasted him 10 years and then he bought a buick. but his impala had 427000 miles (YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT 427K), he took it on several road trips and ran and still looked great (with very little rust on it) when he got rid of it (he just wanted a newer car). Bottom line, I would highly recommend this car. It's one of the most reliable American cars that I can possibly think of. All I can say is, buy one and you will NOT be disappointed."

good car upkeep maintenance

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "288,000 and still going strong"

Cons: "cheap paint job, console poor design"

"This car has been wonderful. I have no intention of selling it. We drive it daily. If you upkeep new car from beginning you have faith in Jesus Christ then through faith it seems to run forever. Disappointed with original paint job and console, otherwise great."

Thoughts after a year used

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Fast, Roomy, Safe"

"When I first got the car, it had 129K miles on the odometer, and needed some pretty brutal repairs. While I have to say, it was expensive getting it back up and running, this car has been great to have. It's roomy, it's fast, it has tons of space in the trunk, it's reliable, and it's incredibly safe (although I've never needed to test this)"

EXCELLENT CAR VERY DEPENDABLE

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive dependable and economical to operate"

"I bought the car used to drive to work only. I put a lot of miles on a car in a month's time. This car has out performed any car previous purchased for work purposes. It has been very dependable, minimal repairs and economical to operate."

A GREAT DEPENDABLE VEHICLE

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Good quality and dependability"

Cons: "Coolant leaks on intake manifold and A/C leaks"

"Bought this car used with 120,000 miles on it 4 years ago and is now at 259,000 miles. Put very little money into it ball joints,tie rod ends, control arm bushings and intake manifold gaskets. I am not easy on vehicles and this car just won't die.... Aside from little problems it has been problem free except for A/C not working. Still getting 28-30mpg."

Great car...very dependable commuter car

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "good price for the features, fun to drive"

Cons: "headrests are uncomfortable"

"This car has been an excellent commuter car. I love how it drives and all of the features it has. It holds a family of four and our luggage comfortably when we take a trip."

I LOVE my Impala!

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Pros: "Fast - Affordable - Spacious - Reliable"

Cons: "Cold wipers!"

"My 2001 has been SO GREAT! Had to replace intake gasket, but it was my third car with that type engine, so we knew what was coming...had extended warranty in place. Would definitly buy another if I didn't need 4x4. My ONLY HATE about this car was the wipers not on the windshield. They never heated up with the defroster on to wipe the snow off. I would have to wait for the rubber to warm up and expand to touch the shield again to be useful. Weird I know, but a real issue for upstate NY !! Otherwise, TWO THUMBS UP ACROSS THE BOARD !!"

Make sure you look this car over before buying!

By on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"My dad originally bought this car when it was fairly new. I then got it from my sister, and everything seemed to be alright with it for a year or so. I just had to get minor work done on it. I have replaced the wheel bearings 3 times in the past year and a half (which I was told that it was typical for this car, and it's a defect as it ages), had the blinker switch replaced twice(even know someone who had the same car, and had the same issue.). It heats up easily, and had to replace coolant in it many times. The fuel pump went, and now I need to get a new car, due to it being in such bad shape, it's too expensive for me to constantly maintain this car. Maybe it's just my experience, but I would definitely ask lots of questions and the history of this brand of car before buying it. It was a nice car, but I was told that the previous owner (before my dad and sister) may have done something to it that noone knew about until now. So, it goes through wheel bearings like candy. Again, ask questions, and make sure you know the issues with the car before buying it!"