2003 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 986 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

EXCELLENT CAR VERY DEPENDABLE

By on Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive dependable and economical to operate"

"I bought the car used to drive to work only. I put a lot of miles on a car in a month's time. This car has out performed any car previous purchased for work purposes. It has been very dependable, minimal repairs and economical to operate."

Best Car I Owned!

By on Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pros: "Awesome,good pricing,Long-lasting"

Cons: "Anti-theft lock not working"

"I had this car for almost 12 years! It has been my #1 car for that time. VERY GREAT 1ST CARS! My father kept telling me not to buy an Impala but I did anyways. but my power anti-theft lock isn't working."

Great car...very dependable commuter car

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "good price for the features, fun to drive"

Cons: "headrests are uncomfortable"

"This car has been an excellent commuter car. I love how it drives and all of the features it has. It holds a family of four and our luggage comfortably when we take a trip."

I LOVE my Impala!

By on Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pros: "Fast - Affordable - Spacious - Reliable"

Cons: "Cold wipers!"

"My 2001 has been SO GREAT! Had to replace intake gasket, but it was my third car with that type engine, so we knew what was coming...had extended warranty in place. Would definitly buy another if I didn't need 4x4. My ONLY HATE about this car was the wipers not on the windshield. They never heated up with the defroster on to wipe the snow off. I would have to wait for the rubber to warm up and expand to touch the shield again to be useful. Weird I know, but a real issue for upstate NY !! Otherwise, TWO THUMBS UP ACROSS THE BOARD !!"

Make sure you look this car over before buying!

By on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"My dad originally bought this car when it was fairly new. I then got it from my sister, and everything seemed to be alright with it for a year or so. I just had to get minor work done on it. I have replaced the wheel bearings 3 times in the past year and a half (which I was told that it was typical for this car, and it's a defect as it ages), had the blinker switch replaced twice(even know someone who had the same car, and had the same issue.). It heats up easily, and had to replace coolant in it many times. The fuel pump went, and now I need to get a new car, due to it being in such bad shape, it's too expensive for me to constantly maintain this car. Maybe it's just my experience, but I would definitely ask lots of questions and the history of this brand of car before buying it. It was a nice car, but I was told that the previous owner (before my dad and sister) may have done something to it that noone knew about until now. So, it goes through wheel bearings like candy. Again, ask questions, and make sure you know the issues with the car before buying it!"