2003 Chevrolet Impala

8.3

Based on 958 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

312K miles orig.engine tranny,shes true blue

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "safe, reliable and comfortable car"

"we bought this car in 2004, second owner, was not to keen on Chevy's, but I liked the sleek style and the round brake lights..when we bought it the miles were 53,000 now I have 312,000, this car has surprised the heck out of my husband and I, considering he takes her for her 6 thousand mile oil change and rotation of tires...oh yeah, we never changed her spark plugs since we had her. the ride is like a cadallic, she puts on 168 miles a day bringing me to work and back, she is my true besse,I have complete faith every time I turned the key, she starts right up..I have trust in this car and feel the safty and comfortable ride..not garaged. we don't have one..would I buy another.....what do you think??"

Good Solid Car

By on Thursday, April 02, 2009

"I have owned my Impala since 2003. Bought it used with 75,000 miles on it. It now has 143,000 miles on it. Only issue I ever had was a bad push rod. After that, this is a great car. Big roomy interior, still spins the tires on dry pavement, huge trunk. Other than normal maintenance (oil, air filter, etc) this vehicle has never let me down. Great for kids, or adults. My Impala is still my daily driver."

Best Car Ever

By on Monday, October 22, 2007

"If you are looking for a reliable family car, this is it. This car has a huge (I mean enormous) trunk to fit all the family gear for long trips. The back seat is large and has lots of leg room and space. I have a 6'5" husband and this car is so comfortable that he loves to drive it. The seats are so comfortable and easy to adjust for different drivers and passengers. The ride is smooth and the climate control is great. We rented this car for a trip and 3 weeks later were purchasing our own. It was the best purchase we have ever made."

07 Impala SS

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Excellent car. I own a standard 07 LT Impala and a 07 Impala SS. Both vehicles are great. The SS obviously provides far more fun. The 303 hp aluminum block (detuned vet engine) is ready to go and emits a great sound from the pipes when pushed. Very reminiscent to my youth, but with drivability and safety we require today from cars. The backseat is a little tight for adults. The front seat passengers need to move their seats all the way the front to make room for rear passengers. The car rides extremely nice in city streets and highway. The active fuel management system helps and is virtually invisible to the driver. You have to look at the digital read out to see what mode you are driving in. Great car and very happy I own it, but I wish GM would have put a little more bling into the interior. The black SS stitched leather seats are beautiful and very comfortable. Fun car for under $25,000 that is capable of blowing away 90 % of the cars on everyday roads."

overall a great car

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "only one not the best gas milage 15 city 25 hwy"

"I bought an 03 impala in 06 with 30,000 miles on it now it has 166,000 and still running like a champ. this has been the most reliable vehicle that i've ever owned. theres only one small manufacturing problem that im aware of and thats a 12 dollar fix. theres a set of plastic elbows that carry coolant that will most likely blow out after time but they can be easily replaced with steel ones for 12 if chevy would have done that off the batt i would be able to say i drove it 130,000 and never broke down. I know a couple of people who have these cars one of which has over 250,000 miles on it and none of the impalas i know ever need any major repairs."

One of the greatest full size sedans

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable, good drive, roomy, economical!"

Cons: "Low HP, plastics, not much else"

"I have owned an LS Impala for 2 years now. In the time i have owned it, it has only been a pain once, but that was the ignition cylinder broke on it. Other than that, the car only needed the typical maintenance: gas, oil, coolant, and trans fluid. The car's engine maybe a bit lack-luster on power, but it is good on gas and is virtually bullet proof. I recomend any car with the GM 3.8 V6, i never heard of any car that has been bad that has that engine. The interior is nice and welcoming and roomy; even for a person that's around 6 ft tall and can still get in and out of it easily. The plastics do seem a bit cheap but it is easily forgotten as you drive along. The ride is nice and quiet, slight wind noise but its a full size family sedan, not a Rolls Royce. So there's going to be some faults of course. But the car itself when taken care of will probably out last it's first owners, and it's second owners as well."

The best car I have ever owned

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "Reiable, quiet, fun to drive"

"I bought this car used with 36000 miles in 2006. It has unmatched comfort, driving dynamics and reliability. I am 6'3" tall so I can vouch for the roominess and 'creature comforts'. Trunk space is huge and the car still looks great. My wife drove the car for a very long time and is tough on a vehicle. Never a booble."

Great new look, but leaking head gasket...

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for just over a year now and it has been great. Recently I was changing my oil and noticed a build up of oil at the base of my engine. So I followed to oil trace up to discover that my intake manifold was leaking oil! I was a little shocked to see this! This car has been nothing but great to me thus far. So I took it into a GM Certified shop and they verified that it was in fact leaking. They also informed me that GM was investigating this problem on several other vehicles as well. If you already own one, remove the plastic cover on top of the engine and check to see if there is any oil leakin anywhere. If you are concidering buying one, keep on eye on it for the first year or so. From what I was told I am not the only Impala owner to have this happen. Other than that, this car has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Great style, comfort, driving, and performance. Get 28 mpg highway avg. and around 20 city! Not bad for a V6 and a sedan this size!"

Chevy Impala

By on Sunday, June 17, 2007

"We love this car, it gets great gas mileage 34 miles to the gallon on a trip driving 60-65 and about 29-30 driving 65-70. We have had complements on the color which is metalic beige. It drives great! Everyone out there please support our American cars."

This car was a jewel.

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "All around great car."

Cons: "Styling is 11 years old."

"This car was always garaged and got great gas mileage, 25 city and about 29 hwy. The only thing replaced were the tires and one oxygen sensor. The car still looks and drives great. I know this car is probably the exception rather than the norm and for that reason we are selling it to a family member. I hate to get rid of such a loyal friend but I bought a new car."