2003 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 970 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

312K miles orig.engine tranny,shes true blue

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "safe, reliable and comfortable car"

"we bought this car in 2004, second owner, was not to keen on Chevy's, but I liked the sleek style and the round brake lights..when we bought it the miles were 53,000 now I have 312,000, this car has surprised the heck out of my husband and I, considering he takes her for her 6 thousand mile oil change and rotation of tires...oh yeah, we never changed her spark plugs since we had her. the ride is like a cadallic, she puts on 168 miles a day bringing me to work and back, she is my true besse,I have complete faith every time I turned the key, she starts right up..I have trust in this car and feel the safty and comfortable ride..not garaged. we don't have one..would I buy another.....what do you think??"

07 Impala SS

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Excellent car. I own a standard 07 LT Impala and a 07 Impala SS. Both vehicles are great. The SS obviously provides far more fun. The 303 hp aluminum block (detuned vet engine) is ready to go and emits a great sound from the pipes when pushed. Very reminiscent to my youth, but with drivability and safety we require today from cars. The backseat is a little tight for adults. The front seat passengers need to move their seats all the way the front to make room for rear passengers. The car rides extremely nice in city streets and highway. The active fuel management system helps and is virtually invisible to the driver. You have to look at the digital read out to see what mode you are driving in. Great car and very happy I own it, but I wish GM would have put a little more bling into the interior. The black SS stitched leather seats are beautiful and very comfortable. Fun car for under $25,000 that is capable of blowing away 90 % of the cars on everyday roads."

Great new look, but leaking head gasket...

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for just over a year now and it has been great. Recently I was changing my oil and noticed a build up of oil at the base of my engine. So I followed to oil trace up to discover that my intake manifold was leaking oil! I was a little shocked to see this! This car has been nothing but great to me thus far. So I took it into a GM Certified shop and they verified that it was in fact leaking. They also informed me that GM was investigating this problem on several other vehicles as well. If you already own one, remove the plastic cover on top of the engine and check to see if there is any oil leakin anywhere. If you are concidering buying one, keep on eye on it for the first year or so. From what I was told I am not the only Impala owner to have this happen. Other than that, this car has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Great style, comfort, driving, and performance. Get 28 mpg highway avg. and around 20 city! Not bad for a V6 and a sedan this size!"

Excellent car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"I have driven this car over 300,000 miles myself. I bought it used with about 60,000 on it. Very few issues with it. Replaced the catalytic converter, had the lower engine gasket replaced, transmission fluid change (not flushes), couple batteries, brake jobs, and changed the oil every 3000 miles. It still starts and runs great!!!"

This car was a jewel.

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "All around great car."

Cons: "Styling is 11 years old."

"This car was always garaged and got great gas mileage, 25 city and about 29 hwy. The only thing replaced were the tires and one oxygen sensor. The car still looks and drives great. I know this car is probably the exception rather than the norm and for that reason we are selling it to a family member. I hate to get rid of such a loyal friend but I bought a new car."

Best Decision Yet

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, fuel efficient"

Cons: "trade value low, intake gaskets common issue"

"I bought my 2003 Impala base in December 2011 and I haven't looked back. Bought the car with 183,000 miles on it and it had some issues. I ended up putting a few thousand dollars into the car since I got it so cheap and it runs like new. Extremely reliable, never leaves me stranded and is always fun to drive. I average 25.5 mpg driving 20,000 miles a year. Really a great choice for anyone looking for a great car. The trade value for them isn't much but definitely a good choice!"

GREAT CAR

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, luxurious"

Cons: "hideous steering wheel,"

"I have a 2005 Impala with the 3.8L V6 (it's the LS trim). I absolutely love this car. It's sporty, very luxurious, comfortable, and has unbelievable and unbeatable reliability (w/o going into the Honda market). I got my impala in 2011 and was only expecting to beat it thru winter (only reason I got it), but turned out I liked it so much, I kept it. My car (as of Nov 2013) has about 216,000 miles on it, and runs like it's fresh of the showroom floor. It's still in excellent condition (no dash cracking nor showing any signs of age or wear). My neighbor's boyfriend had one an 03 and it lasted him 10 years and then he bought a buick. but his impala had 427000 miles (YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT 427K), he took it on several road trips and ran and still looked great (with very little rust on it) when he got rid of it (he just wanted a newer car). Bottom line, I would highly recommend this car. It's one of the most reliable American cars that I can possibly think of. All I can say is, buy one and you will NOT be disappointed."

good car upkeep maintenance

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "288,000 and still going strong"

Cons: "cheap paint job, console poor design"

"This car has been wonderful. I have no intention of selling it. We drive it daily. If you upkeep new car from beginning you have faith in Jesus Christ then through faith it seems to run forever. Disappointed with original paint job and console, otherwise great."

Thoughts after a year used

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Fast, Roomy, Safe"

"When I first got the car, it had 129K miles on the odometer, and needed some pretty brutal repairs. While I have to say, it was expensive getting it back up and running, this car has been great to have. It's roomy, it's fast, it has tons of space in the trunk, it's reliable, and it's incredibly safe (although I've never needed to test this)"

EXCELLENT CAR VERY DEPENDABLE

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive dependable and economical to operate"

"I bought the car used to drive to work only. I put a lot of miles on a car in a month's time. This car has out performed any car previous purchased for work purposes. It has been very dependable, minimal repairs and economical to operate."