2002 Chevrolet Impala

8.3

Based on 958 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

312K miles orig.engine tranny,shes true blue

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "safe, reliable and comfortable car"

"we bought this car in 2004, second owner, was not to keen on Chevy's, but I liked the sleek style and the round brake lights..when we bought it the miles were 53,000 now I have 312,000, this car has surprised the heck out of my husband and I, considering he takes her for her 6 thousand mile oil change and rotation of tires...oh yeah, we never changed her spark plugs since we had her. the ride is like a cadallic, she puts on 168 miles a day bringing me to work and back, she is my true besse,I have complete faith every time I turned the key, she starts right up..I have trust in this car and feel the safty and comfortable ride..not garaged. we don't have one..would I buy another.....what do you think??"

Good Solid Car

By on Thursday, April 02, 2009

"I have owned my Impala since 2003. Bought it used with 75,000 miles on it. It now has 143,000 miles on it. Only issue I ever had was a bad push rod. After that, this is a great car. Big roomy interior, still spins the tires on dry pavement, huge trunk. Other than normal maintenance (oil, air filter, etc) this vehicle has never let me down. Great for kids, or adults. My Impala is still my daily driver."

Best Car Ever

By on Monday, October 22, 2007

"If you are looking for a reliable family car, this is it. This car has a huge (I mean enormous) trunk to fit all the family gear for long trips. The back seat is large and has lots of leg room and space. I have a 6'5" husband and this car is so comfortable that he loves to drive it. The seats are so comfortable and easy to adjust for different drivers and passengers. The ride is smooth and the climate control is great. We rented this car for a trip and 3 weeks later were purchasing our own. It was the best purchase we have ever made."

07 Impala SS

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Excellent car. I own a standard 07 LT Impala and a 07 Impala SS. Both vehicles are great. The SS obviously provides far more fun. The 303 hp aluminum block (detuned vet engine) is ready to go and emits a great sound from the pipes when pushed. Very reminiscent to my youth, but with drivability and safety we require today from cars. The backseat is a little tight for adults. The front seat passengers need to move their seats all the way the front to make room for rear passengers. The car rides extremely nice in city streets and highway. The active fuel management system helps and is virtually invisible to the driver. You have to look at the digital read out to see what mode you are driving in. Great car and very happy I own it, but I wish GM would have put a little more bling into the interior. The black SS stitched leather seats are beautiful and very comfortable. Fun car for under $25,000 that is capable of blowing away 90 % of the cars on everyday roads."

overall a great car

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "only one not the best gas milage 15 city 25 hwy"

"I bought an 03 impala in 06 with 30,000 miles on it now it has 166,000 and still running like a champ. this has been the most reliable vehicle that i've ever owned. theres only one small manufacturing problem that im aware of and thats a 12 dollar fix. theres a set of plastic elbows that carry coolant that will most likely blow out after time but they can be easily replaced with steel ones for 12 if chevy would have done that off the batt i would be able to say i drove it 130,000 and never broke down. I know a couple of people who have these cars one of which has over 250,000 miles on it and none of the impalas i know ever need any major repairs."