2001 Chevrolet Impala

8.2

Based on 970 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

312K miles orig.engine tranny,shes true blue

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "safe, reliable and comfortable car"

"we bought this car in 2004, second owner, was not to keen on Chevy's, but I liked the sleek style and the round brake lights..when we bought it the miles were 53,000 now I have 312,000, this car has surprised the heck out of my husband and I, considering he takes her for her 6 thousand mile oil change and rotation of tires...oh yeah, we never changed her spark plugs since we had her. the ride is like a cadallic, she puts on 168 miles a day bringing me to work and back, she is my true besse,I have complete faith every time I turned the key, she starts right up..I have trust in this car and feel the safty and comfortable ride..not garaged. we don't have one..would I buy another.....what do you think??"

07 Impala SS

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Excellent car. I own a standard 07 LT Impala and a 07 Impala SS. Both vehicles are great. The SS obviously provides far more fun. The 303 hp aluminum block (detuned vet engine) is ready to go and emits a great sound from the pipes when pushed. Very reminiscent to my youth, but with drivability and safety we require today from cars. The backseat is a little tight for adults. The front seat passengers need to move their seats all the way the front to make room for rear passengers. The car rides extremely nice in city streets and highway. The active fuel management system helps and is virtually invisible to the driver. You have to look at the digital read out to see what mode you are driving in. Great car and very happy I own it, but I wish GM would have put a little more bling into the interior. The black SS stitched leather seats are beautiful and very comfortable. Fun car for under $25,000 that is capable of blowing away 90 % of the cars on everyday roads."

Great new look, but leaking head gasket...

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for just over a year now and it has been great. Recently I was changing my oil and noticed a build up of oil at the base of my engine. So I followed to oil trace up to discover that my intake manifold was leaking oil! I was a little shocked to see this! This car has been nothing but great to me thus far. So I took it into a GM Certified shop and they verified that it was in fact leaking. They also informed me that GM was investigating this problem on several other vehicles as well. If you already own one, remove the plastic cover on top of the engine and check to see if there is any oil leakin anywhere. If you are concidering buying one, keep on eye on it for the first year or so. From what I was told I am not the only Impala owner to have this happen. Other than that, this car has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Great style, comfort, driving, and performance. Get 28 mpg highway avg. and around 20 city! Not bad for a V6 and a sedan this size!"

Excellent car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"I have driven this car over 300,000 miles myself. I bought it used with about 60,000 on it. Very few issues with it. Replaced the catalytic converter, had the lower engine gasket replaced, transmission fluid change (not flushes), couple batteries, brake jobs, and changed the oil every 3000 miles. It still starts and runs great!!!"

This car was a jewel.

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "All around great car."

Cons: "Styling is 11 years old."

"This car was always garaged and got great gas mileage, 25 city and about 29 hwy. The only thing replaced were the tires and one oxygen sensor. The car still looks and drives great. I know this car is probably the exception rather than the norm and for that reason we are selling it to a family member. I hate to get rid of such a loyal friend but I bought a new car."