2001 Chevrolet Impala

8.3

Based on 960 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Chevy Impala

By on Sunday, June 17, 2007

"We love this car, it gets great gas mileage 34 miles to the gallon on a trip driving 60-65 and about 29-30 driving 65-70. We have had complements on the color which is metalic beige. It drives great! Everyone out there please support our American cars."

This car was a jewel.

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "All around great car."

Cons: "Styling is 11 years old."

"This car was always garaged and got great gas mileage, 25 city and about 29 hwy. The only thing replaced were the tires and one oxygen sensor. The car still looks and drives great. I know this car is probably the exception rather than the norm and for that reason we are selling it to a family member. I hate to get rid of such a loyal friend but I bought a new car."

Excellent car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"I have driven this car over 300,000 miles myself. I bought it used with about 60,000 on it. Very few issues with it. Replaced the catalytic converter, had the lower engine gasket replaced, transmission fluid change (not flushes), couple batteries, brake jobs, and changed the oil every 3000 miles. It still starts and runs great!!!"

Best Decision Yet

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, fuel efficient"

Cons: "trade value low, intake gaskets common issue"

"I bought my 2003 Impala base in December 2011 and I haven't looked back. Bought the car with 183,000 miles on it and it had some issues. I ended up putting a few thousand dollars into the car since I got it so cheap and it runs like new. Extremely reliable, never leaves me stranded and is always fun to drive. I average 25.5 mpg driving 20,000 miles a year. Really a great choice for anyone looking for a great car. The trade value for them isn't much but definitely a good choice!"

GREAT CAR

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, luxurious"

Cons: "hideous steering wheel,"

"I have a 2005 Impala with the 3.8L V6 (it's the LS trim). I absolutely love this car. It's sporty, very luxurious, comfortable, and has unbelievable and unbeatable reliability (w/o going into the Honda market). I got my impala in 2011 and was only expecting to beat it thru winter (only reason I got it), but turned out I liked it so much, I kept it. My car (as of Nov 2013) has about 216,000 miles on it, and runs like it's fresh of the showroom floor. It's still in excellent condition (no dash cracking nor showing any signs of age or wear). My neighbor's boyfriend had one an 03 and it lasted him 10 years and then he bought a buick. but his impala had 427000 miles (YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT 427K), he took it on several road trips and ran and still looked great (with very little rust on it) when he got rid of it (he just wanted a newer car). Bottom line, I would highly recommend this car. It's one of the most reliable American cars that I can possibly think of. All I can say is, buy one and you will NOT be disappointed."