2000 Chevrolet Impala

8.3

Based on 959 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

312K miles orig.engine tranny,shes true blue

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "safe, reliable and comfortable car"

"we bought this car in 2004, second owner, was not to keen on Chevy's, but I liked the sleek style and the round brake lights..when we bought it the miles were 53,000 now I have 312,000, this car has surprised the heck out of my husband and I, considering he takes her for her 6 thousand mile oil change and rotation of tires...oh yeah, we never changed her spark plugs since we had her. the ride is like a cadallic, she puts on 168 miles a day bringing me to work and back, she is my true besse,I have complete faith every time I turned the key, she starts right up..I have trust in this car and feel the safty and comfortable ride..not garaged. we don't have one..would I buy another.....what do you think??"

Good Solid Car

By on Thursday, April 02, 2009

"I have owned my Impala since 2003. Bought it used with 75,000 miles on it. It now has 143,000 miles on it. Only issue I ever had was a bad push rod. After that, this is a great car. Big roomy interior, still spins the tires on dry pavement, huge trunk. Other than normal maintenance (oil, air filter, etc) this vehicle has never let me down. Great for kids, or adults. My Impala is still my daily driver."

Best Car Ever

By on Monday, October 22, 2007

"If you are looking for a reliable family car, this is it. This car has a huge (I mean enormous) trunk to fit all the family gear for long trips. The back seat is large and has lots of leg room and space. I have a 6'5" husband and this car is so comfortable that he loves to drive it. The seats are so comfortable and easy to adjust for different drivers and passengers. The ride is smooth and the climate control is great. We rented this car for a trip and 3 weeks later were purchasing our own. It was the best purchase we have ever made."

07 Impala SS

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Excellent car. I own a standard 07 LT Impala and a 07 Impala SS. Both vehicles are great. The SS obviously provides far more fun. The 303 hp aluminum block (detuned vet engine) is ready to go and emits a great sound from the pipes when pushed. Very reminiscent to my youth, but with drivability and safety we require today from cars. The backseat is a little tight for adults. The front seat passengers need to move their seats all the way the front to make room for rear passengers. The car rides extremely nice in city streets and highway. The active fuel management system helps and is virtually invisible to the driver. You have to look at the digital read out to see what mode you are driving in. Great car and very happy I own it, but I wish GM would have put a little more bling into the interior. The black SS stitched leather seats are beautiful and very comfortable. Fun car for under $25,000 that is capable of blowing away 90 % of the cars on everyday roads."

overall a great car

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "only one not the best gas milage 15 city 25 hwy"

"I bought an 03 impala in 06 with 30,000 miles on it now it has 166,000 and still running like a champ. this has been the most reliable vehicle that i've ever owned. theres only one small manufacturing problem that im aware of and thats a 12 dollar fix. theres a set of plastic elbows that carry coolant that will most likely blow out after time but they can be easily replaced with steel ones for 12 if chevy would have done that off the batt i would be able to say i drove it 130,000 and never broke down. I know a couple of people who have these cars one of which has over 250,000 miles on it and none of the impalas i know ever need any major repairs."

One of the greatest full size sedans

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable, good drive, roomy, economical!"

Cons: "Low HP, plastics, not much else"

"I have owned an LS Impala for 2 years now. In the time i have owned it, it has only been a pain once, but that was the ignition cylinder broke on it. Other than that, the car only needed the typical maintenance: gas, oil, coolant, and trans fluid. The car's engine maybe a bit lack-luster on power, but it is good on gas and is virtually bullet proof. I recomend any car with the GM 3.8 V6, i never heard of any car that has been bad that has that engine. The interior is nice and welcoming and roomy; even for a person that's around 6 ft tall and can still get in and out of it easily. The plastics do seem a bit cheap but it is easily forgotten as you drive along. The ride is nice and quiet, slight wind noise but its a full size family sedan, not a Rolls Royce. So there's going to be some faults of course. But the car itself when taken care of will probably out last it's first owners, and it's second owners as well."

The best car I have ever owned

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "Reiable, quiet, fun to drive"

"I bought this car used with 36000 miles in 2006. It has unmatched comfort, driving dynamics and reliability. I am 6'3" tall so I can vouch for the roominess and 'creature comforts'. Trunk space is huge and the car still looks great. My wife drove the car for a very long time and is tough on a vehicle. Never a booble."

Great new look, but leaking head gasket...

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for just over a year now and it has been great. Recently I was changing my oil and noticed a build up of oil at the base of my engine. So I followed to oil trace up to discover that my intake manifold was leaking oil! I was a little shocked to see this! This car has been nothing but great to me thus far. So I took it into a GM Certified shop and they verified that it was in fact leaking. They also informed me that GM was investigating this problem on several other vehicles as well. If you already own one, remove the plastic cover on top of the engine and check to see if there is any oil leakin anywhere. If you are concidering buying one, keep on eye on it for the first year or so. From what I was told I am not the only Impala owner to have this happen. Other than that, this car has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Great style, comfort, driving, and performance. Get 28 mpg highway avg. and around 20 city! Not bad for a V6 and a sedan this size!"

Chevy Impala

By on Sunday, June 17, 2007

"We love this car, it gets great gas mileage 34 miles to the gallon on a trip driving 60-65 and about 29-30 driving 65-70. We have had complements on the color which is metalic beige. It drives great! Everyone out there please support our American cars."

This car was a jewel.

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "All around great car."

Cons: "Styling is 11 years old."

"This car was always garaged and got great gas mileage, 25 city and about 29 hwy. The only thing replaced were the tires and one oxygen sensor. The car still looks and drives great. I know this car is probably the exception rather than the norm and for that reason we are selling it to a family member. I hate to get rid of such a loyal friend but I bought a new car."

Excellent car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"I have driven this car over 300,000 miles myself. I bought it used with about 60,000 on it. Very few issues with it. Replaced the catalytic converter, had the lower engine gasket replaced, transmission fluid change (not flushes), couple batteries, brake jobs, and changed the oil every 3000 miles. It still starts and runs great!!!"

Best Decision Yet

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, fuel efficient"

Cons: "trade value low, intake gaskets common issue"

"I bought my 2003 Impala base in December 2011 and I haven't looked back. Bought the car with 183,000 miles on it and it had some issues. I ended up putting a few thousand dollars into the car since I got it so cheap and it runs like new. Extremely reliable, never leaves me stranded and is always fun to drive. I average 25.5 mpg driving 20,000 miles a year. Really a great choice for anyone looking for a great car. The trade value for them isn't much but definitely a good choice!"

GREAT CAR

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, luxurious"

Cons: "hideous steering wheel,"

"I have a 2005 Impala with the 3.8L V6 (it's the LS trim). I absolutely love this car. It's sporty, very luxurious, comfortable, and has unbelievable and unbeatable reliability (w/o going into the Honda market). I got my impala in 2011 and was only expecting to beat it thru winter (only reason I got it), but turned out I liked it so much, I kept it. My car (as of Nov 2013) has about 216,000 miles on it, and runs like it's fresh of the showroom floor. It's still in excellent condition (no dash cracking nor showing any signs of age or wear). My neighbor's boyfriend had one an 03 and it lasted him 10 years and then he bought a buick. but his impala had 427000 miles (YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT 427K), he took it on several road trips and ran and still looked great (with very little rust on it) when he got rid of it (he just wanted a newer car). Bottom line, I would highly recommend this car. It's one of the most reliable American cars that I can possibly think of. All I can say is, buy one and you will NOT be disappointed."

good car upkeep maintenance

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "288,000 and still going strong"

Cons: "cheap paint job, console poor design"

"This car has been wonderful. I have no intention of selling it. We drive it daily. If you upkeep new car from beginning you have faith in Jesus Christ then through faith it seems to run forever. Disappointed with original paint job and console, otherwise great."

Thoughts after a year used

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Fast, Roomy, Safe"

"When I first got the car, it had 129K miles on the odometer, and needed some pretty brutal repairs. While I have to say, it was expensive getting it back up and running, this car has been great to have. It's roomy, it's fast, it has tons of space in the trunk, it's reliable, and it's incredibly safe (although I've never needed to test this)"

EXCELLENT CAR VERY DEPENDABLE

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive dependable and economical to operate"

"I bought the car used to drive to work only. I put a lot of miles on a car in a month's time. This car has out performed any car previous purchased for work purposes. It has been very dependable, minimal repairs and economical to operate."

A GREAT DEPENDABLE VEHICLE

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Good quality and dependability"

Cons: "Coolant leaks on intake manifold and A/C leaks"

"Bought this car used with 120,000 miles on it 4 years ago and is now at 259,000 miles. Put very little money into it ball joints,tie rod ends, control arm bushings and intake manifold gaskets. I am not easy on vehicles and this car just won't die.... Aside from little problems it has been problem free except for A/C not working. Still getting 28-30mpg."

Great car...very dependable commuter car

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "good price for the features, fun to drive"

Cons: "headrests are uncomfortable"

"This car has been an excellent commuter car. I love how it drives and all of the features it has. It holds a family of four and our luggage comfortably when we take a trip."

I LOVE my Impala!

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Pros: "Fast - Affordable - Spacious - Reliable"

Cons: "Cold wipers!"

"My 2001 has been SO GREAT! Had to replace intake gasket, but it was my third car with that type engine, so we knew what was coming...had extended warranty in place. Would definitly buy another if I didn't need 4x4. My ONLY HATE about this car was the wipers not on the windshield. They never heated up with the defroster on to wipe the snow off. I would have to wait for the rubber to warm up and expand to touch the shield again to be useful. Weird I know, but a real issue for upstate NY !! Otherwise, TWO THUMBS UP ACROSS THE BOARD !!"

Make sure you look this car over before buying!

By on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"My dad originally bought this car when it was fairly new. I then got it from my sister, and everything seemed to be alright with it for a year or so. I just had to get minor work done on it. I have replaced the wheel bearings 3 times in the past year and a half (which I was told that it was typical for this car, and it's a defect as it ages), had the blinker switch replaced twice(even know someone who had the same car, and had the same issue.). It heats up easily, and had to replace coolant in it many times. The fuel pump went, and now I need to get a new car, due to it being in such bad shape, it's too expensive for me to constantly maintain this car. Maybe it's just my experience, but I would definitely ask lots of questions and the history of this brand of car before buying it. It was a nice car, but I was told that the previous owner (before my dad and sister) may have done something to it that noone knew about until now. So, it goes through wheel bearings like candy. Again, ask questions, and make sure you know the issues with the car before buying it!"

Nice Vehicle - great highway cruiser

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"I do a LOT of driving for work - about 20k per year, and have an 06 Impala LT with the 3.5 engine. I'm not sure how some people only get 18-22mpg, because this thing averages 32-34 on the highway (consistently - no exaggeration) - driving 70 to 75 mph. Very smooth ride, quite, comfortable, and safe feeling car, My only complaint is the ride is a little soft for my taste - I like a sportier, firmer ride, but then again, this isn't a sports car.. I believe the LTZ model, however, has firmer suspesion (the "FE2" code suspension) - so that may be something to look into. Other than that, no complaints. My last Chevy was a 98 Monte Carlo that was still running very strong at 160k - this one seems like it will go well past 200k w/o any problems."

Styling and Performance

By on Friday, June 06, 2008

"Very good acceleration and great handling. Nice appointments and great looks. Seats not as cushy as my 2000 Impala but certainly comfortable. Gas mileage on the highway is as advertised and good for the size of car and engine although around town does not quite measure up to estimates. Very reliable and great value. Will get another top-of-line Impala in another 2-3 years."

Best Car I've Ever Owned!

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, safe for new drivers!"

Cons: "Honestly can't think of ANY!"

"Loved this car from the first time I drove it. Bought it used, but, it had very LOW miles on it. It had ALL the bells & whistles I was looking for & a few that I'd never had before, such as heated seats, and a sun roof, which I LOVE. Have owned this car for 7 years now, and STILL LOVE IT, as much as the first time I drove it! Love the stereo system in it, the sporty yet luxurious feel of the interior and exterior style. Love the performance of the engion. It's always "peppy". No one can ever pass me up, unless I let them! LOL! Great Car! Also: excellent gas milage. Couple more things I just thought of....also like the large truck and the back seat will fold down for larger cargo. Handles well on wet roads."

Definitely got my money's worth

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Virtually problem free."

Cons: "Not the best styling, but I don't care."

"I bought my 2000 Impala used when it had about 36,000 miles on it.For years it had no issues. I have since replaced the ac compressor, wheel bearings and most recently the fuel pump. But all of that pales in comparison to car payments. This is the best car I have ever owned. Almost 300,000 miles and still going."

Car is falling apart!

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, solid built car"

Cons: "bad transmissions, terrible paint job"

"This has been the worst car I've ever owned. If I wouldn't have bought the extended warranty, I would've paid about $12,000 for repairs after the original warranty expired."