1996 Chevrolet Impala

Based on 525 Ratings for the 1994 - 1996 models.

Great all around vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"This vehicle is roomy, quiet, nice looking, reliable, and gets decent mileage (25-26 MPG in average driving, 29-30 MPG if I am trying to save gas)"

2000 Still going Strong!

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"We bought our 2000 Impala used in 2002. It has proven to be reliable even at 110,000 miles. With routine maintanence, we have only had to replace brakes, tires, and the wheel bearings. The drivers window motor catches sometimes, but is still usable. Hubby wanted to trade it in for a newer model, but I would like to see how long it will keep running so well! I am a big fan of the great gas mileage also. With gas at almost 4.00 a gallon, I can still go all week on $30.00. Great car for the money!"

Excellent Car so far!

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"I recently bought a 2004 loaded up model and really love it. We have only had the car for a couple of months and found that the 3.8 L was low two courts of oil. We bought the extended GM certified warranty and are running an oil usage test on it to see what the problem may be. I'm hoping that it was simply the dealers error when they changed the oil on it because using that much oil in a couple of months is unheard of. Aside from that, this car is wonderful. I'm very jealous of my wife because she gets to drive it daily. I would rate the car an excellent buy providing that you get the 3.8 L and loaded package. I've had four cars now with the 3.8 L in it and now will not accept anything less. These motors are almost bullet proof, but do have a few little quirks to them where GM cut corners. The car rides really nice, yet doesn't handle as well as I had hoped. Of course this is comparing it to two Grand Prix's that we previously owned. The steering seems sluggish and the car slides a bit on snow and ice (with new all season tires) compared to the Grand Prix's. I love the head and leg room, while the heated leather seats are amazing in the wintertime. Overall, and thus far, I would recommend this car to anyone but would caution them on its sluggish handling. Ride, comfort, style, and acceleration is top notch. This is an honest and accurate opinion from a professional truck driver of thirteen years."

Solid Value with Performance

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"I've now put nearly 55,000 miles on my LS since taking delivery in October 2004. It's the best car I've owned in over 40 years of driving. Great performance, great ride, low cost of ownership and something for anyone thinking 'hybrid'....I get 35-36 MPG freeway driving when I keep the cruise control between 55 and 60 mph. My around town gas economy is better tha 25 MPG. This is likely to be the last car I'll ever need to buy"

A great car

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I bought this car back in 2002 in Elkhart, Indiana with 72,000mi on it. One month before my warranty expired the transmission die on me. Thank God I still had the warranty. Got the new transmission and haven't had any problems since then. It makes over 25mpg on highway and over 18mpg in the city. This is an excellent car for a single person or for an entire family of 3, 4 or 5 people. I would recomend this car to my worst enemy."