1996 Chevrolet Impala

Based on 520 Ratings for the 1994 - 1996 models.

great car.

By on Monday, May 05, 2008

"got this car because i was tired of driving a small honda civic. believe it or not i only get about 4 to maybe 5 less miles per gallon on the chevy than i did the honda. much better car, much more comfortable. cant wait to buy another one."

best

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"absolutely the best car I have ever owned ....lots of power and rides great with sports car handling...and 30 mpg at average 70mph"

Great Car with Common Problems

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"Great car, rides great, roomy, powerful, smooth, very responsive for its size, descent on gas. huge trunk. Takes a beating & keeps on running. No Major Problems except for the common Impala Problems. Intake manifold gaskets leak(Plastic gaskets) notice coolant loss w/ no leak visible. 50k-70k 3.4 &3.8 $800 Body Computer( Intermitten NO START, radio "Locked", Door Locks windows & trunk release act up, guages do not work & a/c problems. 60k-75k $400"

Puzzled

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"I use to stand by Chevy cars but after reading all the problems other owners had and them being the same as the ones I'm having now, something has to be done. I had to replace the catalytic converter 2 time; had 3 fuel injectors go out; on top of that replace an emission modual as well. This all started after 50,000mls. Is these cars programed to go out at this time?????? Thank god I had an extend warrenty to cover these items but that end in Feb. and I'm affraid for Feb. to come thats when I will have to pay out of pocket. Wish me luck:-("

Favorite car

By on Sunday, September 30, 2007

"I own a 2003 Impala which was bought in 2002 brand new off the floor. Since owning this car I have had nothing but pleasure with it. Very dependable, sturdy, reliable,...what more can I say...the best car Ive ever owned in 30 years! I do have regular maintenance done on it and I think that is what keeps her going so strong. Great on gas mileage (if you drive sensible) on the highway and city. Very comfortable to ride in and drive. With the drop down backseats I can haul what I need. I take it camping with me and my two large dogs and all the camping equipment fit very nicely. I love my car and would not trade it in for anything else...not even a new impala."