1996 Chevrolet Impala

Based on 522 Ratings for the 1994 - 1996 models.

Outstanding vehicle, comfort, ride and power!

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pros: "Great car and fun to drive."

Cons: "Too bad they stopped making them."

"This vehicle has it all. I am the second owner and love the ride on the highway and the power on the street. The LT-1 engine is great on gas and very dependable. I have over 90,000 miles on it and have had no major problems with the vehicle. Too bad they don't make these anymore. This vehicle was used as police cruisers by law enforcement and they will tell you it was a great car."

Room to Zoom

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

"This is my second Impala SS. Have had it 12 years and enjoy every mile. Only problem has been cruise control module went out but was able to replace it with minimal effort"

Great Car with Common Problems

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"Great car, rides great, roomy, powerful, smooth, very responsive for its size, descent on gas. huge trunk. Takes a beating & keeps on running. No Major Problems except for the common Impala Problems. Intake manifold gaskets leak(Plastic gaskets) notice coolant loss w/ no leak visible. 50k-70k 3.4 &3.8 $800 Body Computer( Intermitten NO START, radio "Locked", Door Locks windows & trunk release act up, guages do not work & a/c problems. 60k-75k $400"

Puzzled

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"I use to stand by Chevy cars but after reading all the problems other owners had and them being the same as the ones I'm having now, something has to be done. I had to replace the catalytic converter 2 time; had 3 fuel injectors go out; on top of that replace an emission modual as well. This all started after 50,000mls. Is these cars programed to go out at this time?????? Thank god I had an extend warrenty to cover these items but that end in Feb. and I'm affraid for Feb. to come thats when I will have to pay out of pocket. Wish me luck:-("

Favorite car

By on Sunday, September 30, 2007

"I own a 2003 Impala which was bought in 2002 brand new off the floor. Since owning this car I have had nothing but pleasure with it. Very dependable, sturdy, reliable,...what more can I say...the best car Ive ever owned in 30 years! I do have regular maintenance done on it and I think that is what keeps her going so strong. Great on gas mileage (if you drive sensible) on the highway and city. Very comfortable to ride in and drive. With the drop down backseats I can haul what I need. I take it camping with me and my two large dogs and all the camping equipment fit very nicely. I love my car and would not trade it in for anything else...not even a new impala."

ok vehicle

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"This vehicle was purchased in 2005 with about 21,000 miles and it has run fine other than replacing battery, tires and the dex-cool system needed something other than dex-cool because of sludge in radiator at about 60,000 miles. Now the vehicle has a problem with passlock security system where it doesnt start. You just turn key to on position for 10 minutes and then turn it off and back on and it starts. Has only done it 4 times now but started having problem with about 70,000 miles on vehicle."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"I have totally enjoyed my Impala for 5 years and 120,000 miles; good gas mileage (on the road and around town), reliable (always starts); comfortable (I drive a LOT for work and it's good on long trips); large trunk (holds my golf clubs with room to spare); I'm 5'10" and it's comfortable with my long legs; low maintenance costs (only oil changes and new tires, no major break downs); handles well in midwest winter driving conditions"

Great car, but...

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"I bought this car new. I'm sold on the comfort and excellent fuel economy. There are two things that sour the whole experience however: it fails to start at times (Passlock system) and I have to wait 10 minutes minimum before it will crank. And the other day, it started running like it had a potato up the tailpipe. Am scheduled to have the dealer test the catalytic converter next week. There is a TSB on this problem which extends the warranty on the catalytic to 10 yrs/120K miles. Other than that, it's been a solid car."

saved my life

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I had a 2003 impala prior to having my 2005 and it saved my daughters and my life when a man ran a red light and t-boned my car and flippled us over. because of all safety precausions that are made with this car, we were able to walk away with only a few scratches from broken glass. love this car so much that i replaced it with the 2005 a few days later."

Awesome 1st car!!

By on Tuesday, June 08, 2010

"Ive wanted this car for about 10 years. So when the opportunity arose I pounced on it. I bought it in AUG 2009 and have no intention of selling it. As you know the MPG is terrible but you knew that. I love the acceleration and the looks it gets after its washed and waxed. The flowmaster Super 44 series exhaust helps alot too.but I love this car and I have absolutely no regrets . ALWAYS DRIVE A CHEVY..NEVER DRIVE A FORD !!"