1995 Chevrolet Impala

Based on 520 Ratings for the 1994 - 1996 models.

Puzzled

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"I use to stand by Chevy cars but after reading all the problems other owners had and them being the same as the ones I'm having now, something has to be done. I had to replace the catalytic converter 2 time; had 3 fuel injectors go out; on top of that replace an emission modual as well. This all started after 50,000mls. Is these cars programed to go out at this time?????? Thank god I had an extend warrenty to cover these items but that end in Feb. and I'm affraid for Feb. to come thats when I will have to pay out of pocket. Wish me luck:-("

Favorite car

By on Sunday, September 30, 2007

"I own a 2003 Impala which was bought in 2002 brand new off the floor. Since owning this car I have had nothing but pleasure with it. Very dependable, sturdy, reliable,...what more can I say...the best car Ive ever owned in 30 years! I do have regular maintenance done on it and I think that is what keeps her going so strong. Great on gas mileage (if you drive sensible) on the highway and city. Very comfortable to ride in and drive. With the drop down backseats I can haul what I need. I take it camping with me and my two large dogs and all the camping equipment fit very nicely. I love my car and would not trade it in for anything else...not even a new impala."

ok vehicle

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"This vehicle was purchased in 2005 with about 21,000 miles and it has run fine other than replacing battery, tires and the dex-cool system needed something other than dex-cool because of sludge in radiator at about 60,000 miles. Now the vehicle has a problem with passlock security system where it doesnt start. You just turn key to on position for 10 minutes and then turn it off and back on and it starts. Has only done it 4 times now but started having problem with about 70,000 miles on vehicle."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"I have totally enjoyed my Impala for 5 years and 120,000 miles; good gas mileage (on the road and around town), reliable (always starts); comfortable (I drive a LOT for work and it's good on long trips); large trunk (holds my golf clubs with room to spare); I'm 5'10" and it's comfortable with my long legs; low maintenance costs (only oil changes and new tires, no major break downs); handles well in midwest winter driving conditions"

Great car, but...

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"I bought this car new. I'm sold on the comfort and excellent fuel economy. There are two things that sour the whole experience however: it fails to start at times (Passlock system) and I have to wait 10 minutes minimum before it will crank. And the other day, it started running like it had a potato up the tailpipe. Am scheduled to have the dealer test the catalytic converter next week. There is a TSB on this problem which extends the warranty on the catalytic to 10 yrs/120K miles. Other than that, it's been a solid car."