1995 Chevrolet Impala

Based on 517 Ratings for the 1994 - 1996 models.

A car worthy of its heritage

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Invigorating to drive and the envy of gear-heads"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I bought my 1996 Impala SS in November of 1995. I had hoped that there would be a change in the location of the shifter and layout of the dash and, indeed, it happened in this last year of production. The first thing I did was change the rear-end from the 3.08 to a 3.42. I next put in a Borla exhaust system and K&N air filter. The last changes were with respect to the throttle body and a timing chip. The car is black, the paint has held up very well, and I get asked about wanting to sell it at least two or three times a year in gas stations and dealerships. Two years ago in Texas, a man at a service center offered me $18,000 cash-in-hand if I would sell it right then. The only major expense has been the replacement of the AC condenser in 2011 and the attendant belts. The CD player gave out in 2012, and I have not had it fixed, although a repair place has been located. A replacement can no longer be ordered from Delco, so you have to have the unit reworked at about $275, not counting the dash work to pull it out and replace it for about $125. I will eventually do this. The retracting radio aerial went out in the spring of this year, and the replacement really helped the sound quality. I love the car. It handles well, with the exception of it having a very large turning radius. I have gotten about 50,000 miles off of each set of the 17" tires and average about 17 mpg around town and 21 on the road in cruise at 78 mph. I do need to powder-coat the wheels, but they still look rather good from 3-5 ft. away. I never get tired of guys telling me they wish they had it. I intend to keep it as long as it takes care of me."

The Last True Impala SS

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "Great cruiser, large size, very confortable."

Cons: "Wish chevy offered a manual version."

"One of the best car's I've owned. 19 years after purchasing it new, still runs like a champ. Never any major issues, never left me stranded on the side of the road. Just give it an oil change every now and then and this car will last you a lifetime."

Love my 4door hot rod

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive,Chevy reliable"

Cons: "No cup holders"

"Were ever you drive you will get looks and thumbs up from a lot of guys."

Outstanding vehicle, comfort, ride and power!

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pros: "Great car and fun to drive."

Cons: "Too bad they stopped making them."

"This vehicle has it all. I am the second owner and love the ride on the highway and the power on the street. The LT-1 engine is great on gas and very dependable. I have over 90,000 miles on it and have had no major problems with the vehicle. Too bad they don't make these anymore. This vehicle was used as police cruisers by law enforcement and they will tell you it was a great car."

Room to Zoom

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

"This is my second Impala SS. Have had it 12 years and enjoy every mile. Only problem has been cruise control module went out but was able to replace it with minimal effort"

See if you qualify for