1995 Chevrolet Impala

Based on 516 Ratings for the 1994 - 1996 models.

I have owned the car for 18 years.

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "Dependeability"

"I have been completely satisfied with the overall performance of the 1995 Chevrolet Impala. I have found it to be dependable, comfortable and easy to drive. If and when I replace it, I will look at another Impala first."

Great car that I have owned for 20 years.

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "Great car."

Cons: "Should have analog instrument cluster."

"I have replaced the original fuel pump after 20 years. All the parts are original except the radiator and alternator. This is the most amazing car I have ever owned."

Dream car!!!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, fast, and good on gas for a sports car"

Cons: "Can't drive in winter"

"I love this car! I want to own all colors one day. The last true impala SS."

Beast in a suit

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Regular gas hi performance"

Cons: "Seats are not designed well for back support"

Only owner 1996 SS

"Ordered new and has just been a Road Warrior. You can cruise all day @70mph/25mpg. Some body decides to mess with you, make 'em a speck in your mirror. Handles like its on rails on hard turns and a couple times; triple double nickel. Big couch like seats are not the most comfortable and the panel fit and plastic is strictly '90s. Oh yeah, regular gas LT1."

Only owner 1996 SS

A car worthy of its heritage

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Invigorating to drive and the envy of gear-heads"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I bought my 1996 Impala SS in November of 1995. I had hoped that there would be a change in the location of the shifter and layout of the dash and, indeed, it happened in this last year of production. The first thing I did was change the rear-end from the 3.08 to a 3.42. I next put in a Borla exhaust system and K&N air filter. The last changes were with respect to the throttle body and a timing chip. The car is black, the paint has held up very well, and I get asked about wanting to sell it at least two or three times a year in gas stations and dealerships. Two years ago in Texas, a man at a service center offered me $18,000 cash-in-hand if I would sell it right then. The only major expense has been the replacement of the AC condenser in 2011 and the attendant belts. The CD player gave out in 2012, and I have not had it fixed, although a repair place has been located. A replacement can no longer be ordered from Delco, so you have to have the unit reworked at about $275, not counting the dash work to pull it out and replace it for about $125. I will eventually do this. The retracting radio aerial went out in the spring of this year, and the replacement really helped the sound quality. I love the car. It handles well, with the exception of it having a very large turning radius. I have gotten about 50,000 miles off of each set of the 17" tires and average about 17 mpg around town and 21 on the road in cruise at 78 mph. I do need to powder-coat the wheels, but they still look rather good from 3-5 ft. away. I never get tired of guys telling me they wish they had it. I intend to keep it as long as it takes care of me."

See if you qualify for