1995 Chevrolet Impala

Based on 522 Ratings for the 1994 - 1996 models.

ok vehicle

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"This vehicle was purchased in 2005 with about 21,000 miles and it has run fine other than replacing battery, tires and the dex-cool system needed something other than dex-cool because of sludge in radiator at about 60,000 miles. Now the vehicle has a problem with passlock security system where it doesnt start. You just turn key to on position for 10 minutes and then turn it off and back on and it starts. Has only done it 4 times now but started having problem with about 70,000 miles on vehicle."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"I have totally enjoyed my Impala for 5 years and 120,000 miles; good gas mileage (on the road and around town), reliable (always starts); comfortable (I drive a LOT for work and it's good on long trips); large trunk (holds my golf clubs with room to spare); I'm 5'10" and it's comfortable with my long legs; low maintenance costs (only oil changes and new tires, no major break downs); handles well in midwest winter driving conditions"

Great car, but...

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"I bought this car new. I'm sold on the comfort and excellent fuel economy. There are two things that sour the whole experience however: it fails to start at times (Passlock system) and I have to wait 10 minutes minimum before it will crank. And the other day, it started running like it had a potato up the tailpipe. Am scheduled to have the dealer test the catalytic converter next week. There is a TSB on this problem which extends the warranty on the catalytic to 10 yrs/120K miles. Other than that, it's been a solid car."

saved my life

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I had a 2003 impala prior to having my 2005 and it saved my daughters and my life when a man ran a red light and t-boned my car and flippled us over. because of all safety precausions that are made with this car, we were able to walk away with only a few scratches from broken glass. love this car so much that i replaced it with the 2005 a few days later."

Awesome 1st car!!

By on Tuesday, June 08, 2010

"Ive wanted this car for about 10 years. So when the opportunity arose I pounced on it. I bought it in AUG 2009 and have no intention of selling it. As you know the MPG is terrible but you knew that. I love the acceleration and the looks it gets after its washed and waxed. The flowmaster Super 44 series exhaust helps alot too.but I love this car and I have absolutely no regrets . ALWAYS DRIVE A CHEVY..NEVER DRIVE A FORD !!"