1994 Chevrolet Impala

Based on 520 Ratings for the 1994 - 1996 models.

Eh...

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"This car served me averagely for 3 and a half years. While I never had any major problems, the thing nickle and dimed me constantly. From weather seal going out to blower fan malfunction to heater fan failure to catalytic converter going out, if there was a "common Impala problem," mine had every one of them. All that said, it NEVER left me on the side of the road. COMFORT- The '02 installment of the Impala is very roomy and extremely comfortable. STYLING- I always did and still, the day after trading it, feel it was a very stylish and sporty looking sedan. PERFORMANCE-The 3.8L V6 always gave me plenty of power and get up and go when I needed it, and also averaged almost 27 MPG. QUALITY- If it weren't for the inferior parts that, like I said previously, nickle and dimed me to death, the quality would have been great...due to these I gave it three stars. VALUE- Resale on these over produced cars is horrible. The day I traded mine, it was between good and fair on the KBB rating system, and the BEST offer I got was $2000. There is simply no market for these cars once they hit "high mileage." OVERALL- Three stars. If the car had maintained any value whatsoever, I would give it four, and maybe it deserves four, but the low trade in still burns."

love it

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"this car is great. two minor issues: 1, the traction control wire on the right front sensor tends to wear out and disable the traction control easily fixed with a piece of rubber tubing over the wire. 2. i've notice a couple of negative reviews on this car over 100k miles pertaining to transmission problems. this is most likely actually the catalitic converter that is in need of replacement. it throws the computer off, and the net result is it can't shift at the right time and doesn't know when to. my mechanic was quick and the part needs to be replaced around 115k miles in my experience, but only cost a couple of hundreds of dollars. this is routine maintenance, don't mix it up with transmission damage! love the car."

Great mechanics car.

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"My husband is a mechanic and we've seen several of these cars come through our shop, and I own an '04 myself. Personally I love my car. It's very roomy for our family of 4. VERY VERY COMFORTABLE! We get 25 mpg in town and over 30 on the highway. I would like to only change the fact there are no rear heat/cooling vents for the backseat. Unfortunately, I've seen lots of problems on other people's Impalas. Transmissions and intake problems are most common. Also problems with ABS systems and wheel bearings. At 83,000, my wheel bearings are already toast and I've had to have ALL my fluids flushed. Dex-cool does NOT last 100,000 miles like they say. My coolant looked like red-ish rust. Intake problems are very common on any 6 cylinder GM car, other than superchargers. That's between 600-1000 to repair. Wouldn't recommend any 6 cylinder GM car to anyone unless they either have a large pocketbook or have a mechanic friend."

2002 Impala LS

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"My husband and I purchased this car new. The car is mine to drive to work and it is our famly car. I love the car. The 4 doors are great and it is really quite a large medium sedan. It is above average in that area. Our problem has been it has had some problems, like the cataytic convertor went out '06, then a problem with a sensor and now we are having a problem with sometimes it will not crank. The dealer has told us they can't find the problem unless the computer tells them what to fix. Well guess what the computer has never come on!!! with any of these problems! Just all of a sudden BOOM. We had to have the car towed last time to the dealer, the same story. So we were out 65.00 for the tow and 75.00 to the dealer who could find nothing. So in the meantime I am a nervous wreck wondering if the car will crank when I leave to go to work or come home. So folks you can see why I don't rate the car has reliable. I hate to sell the car because I do really enjoy the gas mileage, 20 around town and 28-29 interstate. I understand all cars need repairs but it is some unbelievably frustrating to take the car in to the dealer and them not be able to resolve the problem. Just a wait and see attitude. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Fishyfish"

Room to Zoom

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

"This is my second Impala SS. Have had it 12 years and enjoy every mile. Only problem has been cruise control module went out but was able to replace it with minimal effort"