2008 Chevrolet HHR

8.2

Based on 831 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Very happy with the car but have a problem

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "Suits my use very well"

Cons: "Left panel door doesn't open some times"

"Left panel door doesn't work right.GM evidently can't fix it so always say will call but never have.Otherwise works wonderfull for hauling and pulling lite trailer.Milage very good on the road and in town"

Reliable, spunky, and good gas mileage

By on Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"I bought the third HHR available at the local dealership when they first came out. I love my HHR, and would say it's the best car I've ever had. It's roomy enough to cart my daughter and her friend around plus their gear for various activities, luggage for road trips or out of state vacations, and the space behind the back seat is perfect for taking my dog to the vet without needed a kennel. The gas mileage is fabulous too - excellent long-haul highway mileage plus very good suburban mileage as well. Plus, it has a lot of get-up-and-go. :) My main issue has been the electrical system. Nothing critical, but ongoing minor problems. My horn has shorted out three times, the radio shorted out the same time and the first of the horn shorts, and even though the dealership has been exceptionally professional and quick to rectify these issues, I continue to have periodic problems with it. The electrical switch for the driver's side lumbar support shorted/broke within the first few months I had it and even after having it checked out and repaired twice, it's still not working. I also periodically have the audible turn signal fail, though the light itself works fine and always has. Otherwise, I love this car. Yes, I have problems with the placement of the window controls as do most others, but I can honestly say that despite all the issues, I love it. I wouldn't have kept it this long if it didn't. It's peppy, unique, and a fabulous small family vehicle, which meets my needs perfectly. I'd definitely recommend it to my friends, and as a buyer who always goes American-made, I'd say it's an excellent value if you plan to keep it for a long time (the re-sale value isn't that great)."

Second HHR

By on Sunday, March 7, 2010

"I had a 2007 HHR loved it so much that I wanted the newer model. My '07 with 69,000 miles, was the LS version and I stepped up to the LT. I have only had the 2010 for a week. The redesigned interior is a wonderful change. The redesign was perfect... they moved the window switches to the drivers door instead of infront of the gear shift and allowed for a cup holder of sorts infront of the gear shift not just inbetween the seats. The antilock brakes, side curtain airbags and On Star convinced me to get the '10. I had always loved the way the '07 rode, drove and OH MY the mpg were excellent. Even though I am still in the break in period of the '10 I am getting 28 mpg city. I have recommended this car to a friend and they purchased an '08 and LOVE it as well. This little car, that doesn't feel little, seems to be the perfect fit for many different people. I will continue to recommend the HHR to anyone!! It's a great car!"

Best Car I have ever owned

By on Saturday, October 6, 2007

"I have a 2006 HHR 1LT with XM Radio, Running Boards, Chrome Package, and Roof Rack. I bought it 15 months ago and it has over 44000 miles on it. My wife and I have gone to Florida & back (from south Texas) and that trip we averaged 33 MPG. This car is mainly my transporation to and from work (160 miles round trip). Highly recommended to buy one. Pros: I love the sound system (7 speaker Pioneer with subwoofer & 240 Amp), great handling in crosswinds & behind 18 wheelers (computer assisted steering), engine performance is great for a 2.2, sleek styling, lots of room, airconditioning freezes you out if you let it, comfortable ride, REMOTE starting, power mirrors, wiper blades with the rubber boots on them (I still have my original blades), and no cracks in windshield (although I have been hit many times with rocks). Cons: Need better seat covers with stain resistance, console needs redesigned, and arm rests need better engineering. Summary: I highly suggest using those little spot mirrors for blind spots. I have them on all of our vehicles. This is the first time I have ever bought a "FIRST" year car and I am glad I did. Our town of about 14000 had only one HHR in town when I bought mine and now there are over a dozen. I have had people come up and say, wow!, great looking car and want to know who makes it. That is a first for me! I am over 50 years old and have had many cars and vans, but I have never been approached by someone until I bought my HHR. Try it!!"

Love this Car

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"I love the old fashioned appearance of the HHR I saw one driving down the street and hurried to catch up to see what it was then I got my husband to go to the chevy dealership and we test drove it , it was an instant love affair and now he wants one of his own ,this one is mine (Sunburst) what a color it stands out and I get compliments on it all the time not just the color but the car overall. Gas mileage is lower than I had before but I wouldn't trade back for anything. It's an automatic and I was very surprised at the response I got the first time I put my foot into it to get on the freeway up hill yet it just took off. I can't say enough good things about this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet HHR near Honolulu. See local deals