2008 Chevrolet HHR

8.2

Based on 818 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Bang for the Buck

By on Wednesday, June 03, 2009

"In my humble opinion this car offers it all. I traded in a mini cooper because my family is growing as my wife and i are expecting our first child. We needed room, which the HHR has plenty of and more than many so called SUVs. We also wanted great gas mileage and 30 mpg is great for an average sedan let alone a wagon. Add to that the fact that it also takes E85 and as gas prices ride and spread between E85 and Gas prices increase, its nice having a cleaner and possibly cheaper fuel option. I like the retro style and many of the amenities in the base model that were not even available in the mini cooper. Truthfully the plastics in the interior seem a bit cheap and seem like they would show wear easier but its something I plan on taking care of and can easily get over. The retro styled exterior more than makes up for what it lakes on the inside. Not to crazy about the placement and size of the cup holders either. Over all a great buy"

I LOVE IT

By on Monday, April 16, 2007

"The HHR is just an excellent value for it's price. The engine is certainly peppy enough and I just have the 2.2 On the highway you will look down and be going 80 without even realizing it. That says something for a smaller vehicle. The only complaints I have are NO ASHTRAY and the electric window controls are a little difficult to get to. All in all this seems to be a "winner" for Chevy and drivers looking for gas mileage and value. My mileage hangs around 31.8/gallon most of the time."

Chevy Needs To Restart This Model!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage. Comfortable ride."

Cons: "Window cntrls centered low on console are odd."

"This car is fantastic. I have great gas mileage, have never had mechanical issues (other than routine maintenance) and enjoy the heck out of it. The only thing I could comment on is that the driver's seat sits a little high for my posture. And that is not a bad comment! I would have upgraded this vehicle to a newer version if Chevrolet had not discontinued the model in 2011."

Great car for what it was

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Reason: Needs Changed

Pros: "Power, style, MPG"

Cons: "Loads of cheapish plastic... everywhere."

"I am glad I had a few years to own this car. I put every single one of the 33k miles on it. Overall it was a good car to own. I never had any major issues with it. If you are looking for a compact tuner car with pretty good factory specs and still can tote around some cargo, this is a great choice. In further comment on my "cons", there was a lot of cheapish plastic, but it was leaps and bounds superior to Dodge at the time."

Much more than a compact car

By on Monday, February 02, 2009

"I looked at all the imports and domestic autos in this class and decided on the HHR. The main reason is it is versatile. It can haul an amazing amount for the size, it gets good mileage, it has a 100000 mile warranty, has a good ride and is basicaly a small suv. The only complaint is as with others the window switches. Other than that it is quick and has a great ride for this class. I drove to New Orleans a 600 mile trip that usualy ends with a sore back and was pleasantly surprised that the trip was enjoyable. Handling is quick. Mieage a true 28 mpg at 80 MPH. 33-35 if driven at 70 MPH. I was looking for a commuter car to drive daily for economic reasons and decided that with the HR I could do much more than with a basic 4 door sedan. I can flip the seats down and carry a respectable amount of cargo. Load 4 people comfortably for lunch. Park in the smallest available parking space and cruise at 80 MPH with no problem. No regrets here. Once you get used to the retro look, you understand why it looks like it does. It is much more than a basic high mileage car. Compared with the Camry, Civic, and most any car in it's class will out perform all with it's versatility."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet HHR near Honolulu. See local deals