2008 Chevrolet HHR

8.2

Based on 810 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Bang for the Buck

By on Wednesday, June 03, 2009

"In my humble opinion this car offers it all. I traded in a mini cooper because my family is growing as my wife and i are expecting our first child. We needed room, which the HHR has plenty of and more than many so called SUVs. We also wanted great gas mileage and 30 mpg is great for an average sedan let alone a wagon. Add to that the fact that it also takes E85 and as gas prices ride and spread between E85 and Gas prices increase, its nice having a cleaner and possibly cheaper fuel option. I like the retro style and many of the amenities in the base model that were not even available in the mini cooper. Truthfully the plastics in the interior seem a bit cheap and seem like they would show wear easier but its something I plan on taking care of and can easily get over. The retro styled exterior more than makes up for what it lakes on the inside. Not to crazy about the placement and size of the cup holders either. Over all a great buy"

I LOVE IT

By on Monday, April 16, 2007

"The HHR is just an excellent value for it's price. The engine is certainly peppy enough and I just have the 2.2 On the highway you will look down and be going 80 without even realizing it. That says something for a smaller vehicle. The only complaints I have are NO ASHTRAY and the electric window controls are a little difficult to get to. All in all this seems to be a "winner" for Chevy and drivers looking for gas mileage and value. My mileage hangs around 31.8/gallon most of the time."

Comfortable Ride

By on Thursday, February 17, 2011

"It is a very comfortable car to ride in, especially if you are 50+. The only draw back is it is terrible to drive in the snow. I live in Idaho, we have snow. When I bought the car in the month of July I never even considered driving in the snow. My bad!"

Best general purpose utility since the Elcamino.

By on Monday, December 24, 2012

Pros: "For less then 20 grand you can't beat it. Looks gr"

Cons: "NONE"

"If you need a pick up, buy one. If you need a luxury vehicle, buy one. If you want a utility vehicle to bring the kids to school and carry their football gear, then go to the hardware store and get stuff this is it and still be in style. Not a off road vehicle, got a jeep. Bought this and a PT Cruzer at the same time, Cruiser stays in the shop, this is my back bone vehicle. It makes me money while saving it at the pump. Avg. 30 mpg, city and road. I see why they stopped making them, they might last forever. Like the 283 and the 327 and the Elcamino, too good to last. Can't sell many cars if they don't break down."

Very good small crosserver quality and value

By on Wednesday, May 09, 2007

"I have had the HHR for a year now and am very impressed with its gas mileage (22-24 city and 30-32 Hwy). It is a 4-cylinder so if you are going from a 6-cylinder to this you will notice you need to use the gas more when accelerating onto Hwy, but that is the only difference I notice. You can fit SO MUCH in this car. I have hauled a lot of things that don't fit in our Jeep Cherokee because the front seat folds down. THis vehicle is a pleasure to drive and very comfortable front and back. I am very pleased with this purchase even at a year out."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet HHR near Honolulu. See local deals