2007 Chevrolet HHR

8.2

Based on 821 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Much more than a compact car

By on Monday, February 02, 2009

"I looked at all the imports and domestic autos in this class and decided on the HHR. The main reason is it is versatile. It can haul an amazing amount for the size, it gets good mileage, it has a 100000 mile warranty, has a good ride and is basicaly a small suv. The only complaint is as with others the window switches. Other than that it is quick and has a great ride for this class. I drove to New Orleans a 600 mile trip that usualy ends with a sore back and was pleasantly surprised that the trip was enjoyable. Handling is quick. Mieage a true 28 mpg at 80 MPH. 33-35 if driven at 70 MPH. I was looking for a commuter car to drive daily for economic reasons and decided that with the HR I could do much more than with a basic 4 door sedan. I can flip the seats down and carry a respectable amount of cargo. Load 4 people comfortably for lunch. Park in the smallest available parking space and cruise at 80 MPH with no problem. No regrets here. Once you get used to the retro look, you understand why it looks like it does. It is much more than a basic high mileage car. Compared with the Camry, Civic, and most any car in it's class will out perform all with it's versatility."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Fun Car"

Cons: "Brakes"

"This is a wonderful car. As you can tell by the mileage (234,000) I drive a lot. This car has been tremendously reliable and economical. We have had virtually no repairs other than brakes. My only complaint is with the front brakes. The rotors warp at 30,000 mile intervals. I highly recommend this car."

Great car

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"I've owned my 06 HHR for 2 years. I get great economy averaging 32 mpg after 33,000 miles with the auto and 2.4L engine. I found the car on the lot after lots of looking, as there were few HHRs avaialable and it has strange set of options..power driver's seat, 6 CD player, chrome package, roof rack, no ABS or traction control or side airbags, no sun roof. The missing options I really didn't want anyway. It took a while to get used to the electric power steering with lots of revolutions at slow speed. I wish the driver's seat was a tad bigger. I added a rear anti-sway bar, which keeps the body roll to a minimum. It was a good value for the price paid. The DIC (digital information center) keeps track of oil condition and as of now after 7000 miles it shows 49% oil life (I'm using Mobil 1)."

215,000 miles and still toodlin'!!

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Amazingly roomy, economical, fun to drive"

Cons: "little trim piece on front bumper keeps breaking"

Cruising through AZ

"I LOVE my HHR!! Best car I ever owned. Bought it in late 2006, it's almost paid off and still going strong despite over 200,000 miles. I drive for my job and have had this little car from California to Cape Cod, Michigan to Miami and all points in between. Up mountains, along sandy/muddy forest roads in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, on the beach in FL, across the Southwestern deserts, through blizzards in Ontario. This little purple bug is the Energizer Bunny of cars, and all at about 30 - 33 miles per gallon. It has hauled wood, family, luggage, kayaks, you name it. I have no complaints and the car doesn't owe me a dime. I would buy another one in a heartbeat, but I'm so darn fond of this one, it would be hard to give it up. Hubby and I plan to hang onto it and see if we can hit some real mileage milestones! I'm at least hoping for 500,000!!! My HHR has the 2.4 L engine and is loaded. I love the remote start here in icy northern MI. By the time it's done with the second start, it's warm as toast inside, defrosted and all ready to boogie! I have had no major repairs except for some damage from a NJ pothole, bent my axle hub. Switched out the brakes at 89,000 for Bendix rotors and that solved some minor brake issues. No troubles since. This car just keeps going along. Love the heated leather seats and sound system. The exhaust has a pinhole leak, so that will probably need fixing soon, but other than the axle hub, everything has been routine maintenance. No major repairs. I get the oil changed like clockwork and it's still golden as if the car were brand new. This has been an economical little car, as much fun for around town as it is for long hauls on the interstate. I have arthritis and even after a 13 hour day in the saddle, I'm still able to get out and walk. Any other car, I'd be a cripple, but the seat height and ergonomics are perfect. I also love the tailgate. It's an easy lift to get my luggage over the bumper and then it just slides in, no inner lip to negotiate. The seats all fold flat and we've put all kinds of huge objects inside that should have required a minivan or pick-up. I once had to unload a friend's Avalanche into my car and it took a floor to ceiling load with room to spare. This little bug is like the Chevys of old! I love this darn thing!!"

Cruising through AZ

HHR LT is a great lil' sport wagon but...

By on Friday, July 03, 2009

"Love this "sport wagon" but if you get the one with the performance package with the 17 inch wheels, be prepared to go thru tires like crazy (every 20,000)! It has to have speed rated type tires and they don't wear well AT ALL. Other than that the only other complaints I have are crummy cup holders (location) and cheaply made material on the seats (get them Scotchguarded). The HHR LT gets great gas mileage and is peppy and does all you need it to do. Lots of room as well."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet HHR near Honolulu. See local deals