2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 Passenger

8.1

Based on 240 Ratings for the 1996 - 2015 models.

Buyer Beware

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"Reasonably good vehicle when it works. Problem is, there are problems. Rear lighting problems from the start. Door trim and other stuff very breakable, Seat belt recall with some difficulity getting dealer to repair. Poor gas mileage. Engine ran well for about 125,000 miles then started "clicking". Mechanic says it's a cracked piston and engine will have to be replaced at around $3000."

ok for 12 passenger

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"Zero mechanical problems. Noisier than expected but it is basically a cargo van with seats. Can't expect too much. Gas milage depends on how hard you drive it. If you're a bad driver you'll get 9.5 MPG if you're a decent driver, 14.5. No kidding!! that much of a difference."

Family hauler

By on Monday, May 26, 2008

"We bought the van when it was five years old and have used it for five more without any problems. Very comfortable with loads of room. Very good looking conversion van."

Visitor Bus

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"We love our van. we live in Florida. We have a big family that visits and we can all load up and travel together with room for boogie boards, fishing gear, golf clubs and all the "stuff" everybody needs. If It's just my husband and me we can take out seat, make a bed, hitch on to the boat and go camping in the Keys. It's very versatile and rides a little stiff over the axle, but It pulls a 20 foot boat like it wasn't there. We feel like God gave us a blessing."

good title, clean and dependable

By on Monday, October 08, 2007

"very good cond. Only put 6000 miles on it in past two years. Had a small car when it was purchased and now have a buick rendezvous with more room and don't use the van for travel any more. Only repair done to it has been fuel filter replacement. Runs good."

Front end problems!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Bought this 2003 new.No problems,EXCEPT when the van is loaded,going down a 6+% grade,it can be very exciting: Violent shaking,totally out of control,scary ride.If you have a weak heart,stay out of these circumstances.Talked with GM about this,went to several dealers,never got an answer. Bottom line,I do not haul a load with this van into the Smokies,or anywhere else where I expect to find steep grades. (I use my Dodge Sprinter for the mountains.)It (Chevy) gets as much as 15 MPG. Not good,but when I bought it,not bad.It has been very reliable after 43K miles.Have had numerous Chevy's and have been pleased with most of them. Wouldn't buy another one.The front end problem cured me forever."

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Awesome vehicle for family travel and for hauling. Only problem is that the transmission went just past the warranty and GMAC would not help compensate me."

Best van ever!

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I have owned 7 vans, 5 new, this one ordered with the 7.4L gas, ext. van, heavily optioned, put on 86,000 smiles, wonderful vehicle, will always be remembered fondly, and compared to as the gold standard. My trade-in value was phenominal, and replaced with a new Avalance, since 4WD is now an absolute necessity. I miss that van tremendously!"

Do not buy this vehicle

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"We have a 1998 Global Express conversion van. Despite excellent maintenance, the engine blew up at 120,000 miles. The engine is not repairable. The rear tail lights on mine (and others I have seen) must have some sort of a short. Have to replace the entire socket fixture to correct. The doors rattle incessantly. The upper dash board crakced under the heat in Florida. This is not a good vehicle to own. Save yourself a lot of aggravation and look for something different."

Works Hard, Plays Harder!

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"I was given this van for work replacing our Dodge Vans. I can honestly say that the van is styled well. Engineers must have been service work oriented on this design. It is comfortable, has plenty of power for a V6, and rides well. I can even haul my boat with it after work and get more out of it. Goes great in the snow as well. My only complaint is the side doors need a better design on the hinges, have to oil weekly to keep them moving freely."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 3500 Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals