2010 Chevrolet Express 3500 Passenger

8.1

Based on 241 Ratings for the 1996 - 2015 models.

Great service van

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"2003 Chevy Express 2500 - Overall, I couldn't ask more from this van. I am an electrician with over 1500 lbs. of gear crammed into this van every day and it never feels like its suffering. I have the 5.3L V8 and am very satisfied with how smooth the engine and 4 speed auto transmission work together. Of course I would like to have the newer 6 speed for improved hill climbing and fuel economy, but this transmission is a gem. The ride is decent, probably because I have a good load in it most of the time. Road noise and tire noise is pronounced because of lack of insulation, and the van creaks and moans like every other van I've ever driven. The quality of the trim though is deplorable. The door handle has completely broken off, as did the driver side front windshield weather stripping when I was driving into wind at around 75 MPH. I glued the weather stripping back on with apoxy, seems ok now. Its a true value as long as you can find a good used one for a decent price, I can't believe what the dealers are asking for new ones. As long as you keep up with the maintanance on the engine and critical drivetrain components, it will last you a very long time, probably more than you want to keep it, but thats a good thing."

Best Van Ever

By on Sunday, July 04, 2010

"I've had one for 3 years and it still runs great! I would recommend this to a friend. It is a little Diesel hungry but depending on how you drive it around it should get decent mileage like for me it gets 23 MPG City and 20 MPG Highway. But I also got some good flowing mufflers and some small little things to help beef up the MPG."

worst vehicle ever

By on Saturday, August 02, 2008

"This van is the worst vehicle that I had ever bought. I have major problems every couple of months."

GREAT DEPENDABLE VAN

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL OF THE 3500 EXPRESS CARGO VANS . I AVERAGE AROUND TWO HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND MILES ON THESE VANS WITH VERY LITTLE PROBLEMS.I USE SYNTHETIC OIL BY CASTROL AND CHANGE IT EVERY 45HUNDRED MILES.IF YOU SERVICE THEM AS YOU SHOULD ,ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DRIVE THEM AND THEY WILL PAY FOR IT SELF."

ok for 12 passenger

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"Zero mechanical problems. Noisier than expected but it is basically a cargo van with seats. Can't expect too much. Gas milage depends on how hard you drive it. If you're a bad driver you'll get 9.5 MPG if you're a decent driver, 14.5. No kidding!! that much of a difference."

Family hauler

By on Monday, May 26, 2008

"We bought the van when it was five years old and have used it for five more without any problems. Very comfortable with loads of room. Very good looking conversion van."

Visitor Bus

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"We love our van. we live in Florida. We have a big family that visits and we can all load up and travel together with room for boogie boards, fishing gear, golf clubs and all the "stuff" everybody needs. If It's just my husband and me we can take out seat, make a bed, hitch on to the boat and go camping in the Keys. It's very versatile and rides a little stiff over the axle, but It pulls a 20 foot boat like it wasn't there. We feel like God gave us a blessing."

good title, clean and dependable

By on Monday, October 08, 2007

"very good cond. Only put 6000 miles on it in past two years. Had a small car when it was purchased and now have a buick rendezvous with more room and don't use the van for travel any more. Only repair done to it has been fuel filter replacement. Runs good."

Front end problems!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Bought this 2003 new.No problems,EXCEPT when the van is loaded,going down a 6+% grade,it can be very exciting: Violent shaking,totally out of control,scary ride.If you have a weak heart,stay out of these circumstances.Talked with GM about this,went to several dealers,never got an answer. Bottom line,I do not haul a load with this van into the Smokies,or anywhere else where I expect to find steep grades. (I use my Dodge Sprinter for the mountains.)It (Chevy) gets as much as 15 MPG. Not good,but when I bought it,not bad.It has been very reliable after 43K miles.Have had numerous Chevy's and have been pleased with most of them. Wouldn't buy another one.The front end problem cured me forever."

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Awesome vehicle for family travel and for hauling. Only problem is that the transmission went just past the warranty and GMAC would not help compensate me."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 3500 Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals