2001 Chevrolet Express 3500 Passenger

8.1

Based on 238 Ratings for the 1996 - 2015 models.

Great Hauler!

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2007

"I bought this van new 5 days after the 9/11 attack. It is one of the first 2002 stretch vans and has been a faithful cross-country hauler of HEAVY loads. It now has 110,000 miles and the only major repairs have been the A/C system and the rear axle--which to everyones' surprise is a 1-1/2 ton axle according to the VIN number. I bought a new 1998 1-ton stretch van just like my 2002 in 1997 and had great luck with that one too. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! These vans get 14 mpg empty or loaded on the highway."

great family van

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"trying to find a replacemnet is hard since comfort and size are so great can drive 16 hours without back fatigue pulls trailer and camper without problem kids can not touch each other"

Best service work vehicle I've owned

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"The reliability, comfort, power, ease of use far exceeds any other service work truck I"ve ever owned. Storage and access to materials and tools is great."

great van

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

"i have a v8 5.7 runs great ac is real cold and its runs like i was flying on the highway you go 80 mph and you dont feel it and the gas mil on it is like a v6 van i fill it up with $125.00 with gas at $4.00 a gal it has 31gal on it .. it will last me for 4to5 weeks depnes on how much you drive im a mobile car wash so im always out there hople this helps"

Love it for our big family

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "easy to tow with, great space for big families"

Cons: "? can't think of any"

"We have had so much fun with this rig! It's big enough to be comfortable for our family and all the gear we carry. We also have taken it to Disneyland (22 hours) with another family and we had a great time. Also it's big enough to tow our trailer around with no issues! We've even taken it to the city and parallel parked it."

Dependable workhorse!

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Reliable work van with heavy suspension and comfortable ride"

Cons: "It's a cargo van so it's noisy and rides best with some cargo in it."

"I bought this van new in 2003 for my business. Frequently loaded it up and pulled a trailer. It has 151,000 miles and still runs everyday without a problem. No major repairs and cost of ownership has been very low."

Express 3500 V8 5.7 15 Passenger - Love it!

By on Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Pros: "If you score one in great condition used- buy it!"

"I bought mine used from a touring rock band for my touring rock band. We pack her to the ceiling with gear and she never has a hard time. We've toured all over the united states and she keeps on ticking. She's got over 200,000 miles on her, and she's still the best ride I've ever owned. Strong engine, super comfy. My only complaint is the interior is plastic and takes a beating. The passnger doors tend to knock into eachother and eventually cause a dent.I've toured in Dodge Rams, Ford Vans, and this Chevy has my heart. If you take good care of it, it will take good care of you!"

good reliable vehicle

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "easy acess to cargo area"

"most dependable vehicle i had"

Nice powertrain and handling

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Handles great for full sized van, pulls well."

Cons: "road noise."

Chevy

"This has been avery good van for our family. Very comfortable and nice riding and handling. Does have more road noise due to lack of dampening insulation which gives it a somewhat tinny sound when closing the doors. Great for pulling a boat with almost no downshifts on inclines. Well powered for pulling. I really hated to see them discontinue what I consider to be Chevy's best engine ever. I did have tranny replaced after about 170000, and this vehicle has always used coolant which I hear may be from Chevy going with a cheap plastic intake manifold. Engine always runs cool and never overheats (unless coolant gets too low). Seats are definitely better than the newer ones with more padding and better comfort. Engine is also better for pulling with more power at a lower RPM and less downshifting. Left side not having doors (like the newer ones) is also better for loading a wheelchair without dropping into the step well by the door. Older design is also better than the new ones that no longer has grease fittings on your steering components. I'd buy another one if they built them the same. Seems as thogh quality has dropped and price has gone WAY up."

Chevy

Custom van purchased in Sep 2005, has been perfect

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Great family vehicle!"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better!"

"A high end custom van on a Chevy chassis and has been the perfect family and traveling vehicle, as well as pulling a 19 foot ski/fishing boat on a tandem trailer. The 7000 # trailering rating with the tow/haul auto tranny works well. Vehicle has been essentially trouble free, gas mileage runs around 17 on the highway, 15 around town. The 30 gallon gas tank makes for good travelling as you can go about 400 miles between fillups. The drivers side passenger door is well appreciated by most passengers and makes loading large items easy. The second row seats are removable in case you need to move large items like recliners, etc. This is the sixth custom van i have owned and Chevrolet and the customizer make a great van for traveling!"

Serves us well when we need it

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "good basic working van"

Cons: "AC needs repair. rear seat belts dangle"

"Good basic van for use by 4 people.10 people if you fix the rear AC. Has 3 benches. Heat fine in front and rear. AC needs fixing so those without windows in back get hot and stuffy. Excellent for moving,hauling items or stuff. Used originally for large family. Over years they all now have cars.Only drove it when we took the whole crew someplace so mileage is low. We keep it and use it like a truck when needed. Long trips- doesn't have built in gps or movies for kids -now standard accessories if you have small kids. radio, cd player fine. We're keeping it til it dies which I don't think will be anytime soon. It hasn't had issues at all."

Best Van to Date

By on Monday, October 25, 2010

"We have a 1999 1500 with a 5.7 lt. Great van has been taken across the USA 198,000 miles worth pulling a 5800 lb camper and 7 passengers. Great, roomy and comfortable ride!!! With regular mantainace this van will go for 300,000 miles easy."

Express awd the best ever

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"This is hands down the most capable van I have ever owned! The thing just goes and goes! I have never gotten stuck, the traction is awesome! Mine is pretty loaded up and that just makes it even nicer! This is the best work truck ever! It is quiet, strong and even loaded with 2500#s of tools and equipment, I get 15 MPG around town. Not bad for a full sized AWD V8 with a lot of weight in it! I will drive this until the wheels fall off! Had one issue with the hood rusting, was replaced with a new hood by GM at 75000 miles! Great truck!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 08, 2010

"I have performed less maintenance on this van than any vehicle I have ever owned. It is bullet proof. It's the best vehicle i have ever owned."

good friend

By on Sunday, November 22, 2009

"We bought this van used with 14k miles. We retrofitted it to haul dirtbikes and gear to the pro motocross races around the country. I built a middle section sleeper area. This van has been a good and reliable vehicle. We put an additional 73k miles on it and the only maintenance, other than tires, was the front wheel bearing assemblies, on both sides, had to be replaced. They were bone dry of grease. Not a hard job to do. I would much rather have a type with zerk fittings so this would not occur. Very solid van with okay mileage for its size, about 16mpg, loaded, at 70 mph. The big brakes are great! Front and rear discs will stop you QUICK! Comfortable seats help a lot on the long drives."

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"There is some type of fuel and or electrical problems with these vans. The mechanics keep diagnosing things and fixing it costing hundreds of dollars but problem is not corrected. After doing some online research I found that these vans dating back to 1997 has been having the same problems."

Does the job

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"Bought this for a small kitchen remodeling business. Does the job fine hauling tools, cabinets etc. Struggles a bit with heavy loads but it is only the 1500 so one really cannot complain. Stable at highway speeds loaded or not. Not great in bad ice/snow but there was no 4wd available at the time I bought this. Brakes seemed to wear out very quickly, had a couple of "brake jobs" costing around $800 in less than 4 years (65k). Also tie rod went twice on front left. Driven by owner only and never driven hard so this is a quality issue but then again it is Chevy so what can one expect."

Very Reliable Vehicle

By on Friday, December 05, 2008

"My mechanical company only uses 98 thru 02 G3500 vans in it's fleet. My van is a 99 with 227000 mi and has had no major mechanical problems. I starts and drives 200-400 miles everyday fully loaded to the GVWR of 9500lbs. The only problem that I have is that the front brake pads need to be replaced every other oil change(about 10000 miles). We have several other chevy vans in the fleet with more than 400000mi and still have the original engines and transmissions. These vans are very tough and dependable."

wonderful

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I haul 14 people back and forth to work 5 days a week 120 miles round trip and never a bit of trouble.I rate it number 1 best buy."

By on Saturday, August 16, 2008

"We have a very tall family with 4 kids and the van allows us lots of leg room. We love traveling with this van. BUT, we've had lots of mechanical problems esp. lately. (96,000 miles) We've replaced the transmission, intake gaskets, 3 fuel pumps, electrical short in the pass.door lock, broken window treatments, and the side door doesn't close easily. That said, I still love the extra room! We are looking to downsize, but everything seems so small compared to the van."

Great for Families

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2008

"I love this van. We we blessed with six kids all at once. Adoption plus having a set of quintuplets. We needed a van fast and found ours through a dealer in our area. Bought it used with only 15000.00 miles on it its a 2003. We stil own it and love it. It has done great for our large family and the large engine size makes for a comfortable and enjoyable trip. We have taken it down south many time 16hr drives. the only compliant we have is that we have ran into door problems with the side doors. Not shutting and working right but overall still a great van."

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"I have owned a mix of American and Japanese cars through the years. My Chevy Express 3500 is unquestionably the best vehicle I have ever owned. It has a long list of phenomenal attributes. Most of all, it runs. Hats off to GM for manufacturing a fine vehicle. I have been a skeptic of the US auto industry. This van renews my faith that they are most capable of producing the highest quality in an automobile."

express van traveling

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"Have owned several conversion vans. This is the most versital we have owned. We have traveled across the US, towed a boat and camper with this van. The nice part is the rear bench and two middle captain chairs easily remove. The video system and the dual screens have been a life saver on the long trips."

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"I have driven a lot of vans in my 27 years of construction. I would have to say that this is the second best that I have driven. First would have to go to my '96 Dodge Ram 250. That van was at 260,000 miles when I sold it and the motor had never been touched. I did have to have the tranny rebuilt. My Express 2500 runs great, gets OK mileage (between 16-17mpg), hauls loads with no problem, and also looks good. I have 120k on it now and have had no problems. No transmission issues and no motor noise. Hope this will make it past the 250k!"

Chevy express

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"Everything is fabulous and reliability is great too just had to replace transmission every 50,000 miles"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 3500 Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals